Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Is ANTM going downhill?

Re: Is ANTM going downhill?

With me I did'nt mind Chantal or Jenah. I totally thought Jenah deserved to be in the top 3, but Chantal should've left in 4th place. A Jenah/Sarah/Lisa top 3 would've been heavenly with Heather, Ebony, and Victoria rounding out the Top 6. If ANTM was really about modeling then Bianca and Saleisha would've been the firsts ones to go because both of them really sucked at their pictures.

Cycle 3/4/5 had their BS eliminations (and C4 with the "Tyrade"), but it still felt like a modeling competition. Cycle 6 was entertaining and I loved almost every girl in that cycle. Cycle 7 really was boring and the girl that shoulda won (Melrose) did'nt. Cycle 8 was okay but most of the shoots were stupid, Cycle 9 started off right then fell off, and I get the feeling Cycle 10's gonna be the same way but worse with the budget cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by duckiies;2854265;
    I could say so many argumentative things to that, but I'll try to keep this post shorter than I'd like. Just because Chantal doesn't speak with the most amazing vocabulary or whatever people want doesn't mean she's a moron. And who cares if she is anyway? She took great pictures and can't help that she looks like barbie. Its her genetics and she's beautiful.
    ITA. Chantal was a really sweet girl. And her pics were bomb. You don't need to be a nuclear chemist to win ANTM.

Jenah overrated? Overrated means they didn't work as well as people say they did. Jenah took stunning photos and had a crap weave but didn't let it crap up her photos. She didn't take a bad photo the entire time.
    I don't think I've ever heard someone call Jenah overrated before. Her pictures were just undeniably phenomenal.
    Let's not forget ourselves good friend
    I am flawed if I'm not free

A world where 115 is healthy, 120 is plus sized and 125 is morbidly obese

I could say so many argumentative things to that, but I'll try to keep this post shorter than I'd like. Just because Chantal doesn't speak with the most amazing vocabulary or whatever people want doesn't mean she's a moron. And who cares if she is anyway? She took great pictures and can't help that she looks like barbie. Its her genetics and she's beautiful. Jenah overrated? Overrated means they didn't work as well as people say they did. Jenah took stunning photos and had a crap weave but didn't let it crap up her photos. She didn't take a bad photo the entire time. Heather was the most overrated girl of cycle 9. I didn't dislike her, I liked her, but I didn't looooove her. She took pretty good photos, but come on? Her smoking & plant shots were average. She looked gorgeous in her smoking photo but thats it. And with out the make up or outfit in the plant shot, she would have just been blah in the photo. I did like Heather a lot, but not as much as half the ANTM-loving population did. And Victoria was a whiny girl who took okay pictures and if she had more respect than she could've done as well as people act like she did. The only thing Victoria did for me was give me the laughs I had when she said her famous sea nymph quote.
    I actually thought she [Heather] was one of the best models, and not just because I loved her. I thought Jenah's rock climbing, plant, dragon, burning car and covergirl are getting undeserved praise. This coming from a guy who really liked Jenah, about equally as much as Heather. Chantal was not only stupid, but more overrated than Jenah. Her rock climbing was awesome, but everything else was just mediocre for me. She didn't even have a high fashion look. Granted, she beats mushroom any day, but still didn't deserve all the praise she got from the ANTM loving community.

chantal was the only overrated model out of cycle 10. with saleisha of course. chantal didn't deserve top 2 spot nor top 6, her photos were so boring and lackluster its just disgusting to rewatch. the only pictures i actually like was the first shot of the smoking one where her eyes daze off. her other pictures bore me to death. the china great wall one was okay, but not that great. her look is BORING, and just unmodelesque with her new make over. she looked better without her makeover. heather and jenah was by far the best models in cycle 9. gorgeous and high fashion inspirational pictures that i would put in my binder and bring to class!

Quote Originally Posted by topmodelx3;2854313;
    chantal was the only overrated model out of cycle 10. with saleisha of course. chantal didn't deserve top 2 spot nor top 6, her photos were so boring and lackluster its just disgusting to rewatch. the only pictures i actually like was the first shot of the smoking one where her eyes daze off. her other pictures bore me to death. the china great wall one was okay, but not that great. her look is BORING, and just unmodelesque with her new make over. she looked better without her makeover. heather and jenah was by far the best models in cycle 9. gorgeous and high fashion inspirational pictures that i would put in my binder and bring to class!
    Please. Chantal over Heather?
    look at her body and her look. All her pictures are great except the flowers won.

Heather is a 3 years old child.

Quote Originally Posted by derekt;2853451;
    ACTUALLY CYCLE 3 IS !!!

remember how unfair tyra started to keep kelle week after week ?! and nicole,norelle elimatedin sucks reason ?
    I disagree. Nicole's elimination wasn't unfair, but I don't know, I don't care about her, it was an ok eliminetion.
    Norelle's elimination was fair because her walk sucked.
    Kelle in the top 9 was fair because always somebody did worse than her (for example... julie saying that she don't want to be a model) and she is pretty and look like a model.

Cycle 3 was all fair excluding the final 3, should be: Eva in third, Amanda in second and Yaya winning.
    I'll miss Alamela.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Shelton;2854306;
    I actually thought she [Heather] was one of the best models, and not just because I loved her. I thought Jenah's rock climbing, plant, dragon, burning car and covergirl are getting undeserved praise. This coming from a guy who really liked Jenah, about equally as much as Heather. Chantal was not only stupid, but more overrated than Jenah. Her rock climbing was awesome, but everything else was just mediocre for me. She didn't even have a high fashion look. Granted, she beats mushroom any day, but still didn't deserve all the praise she got from the ANTM loving community.
    Jenah's look not high fashion? I think her look is extremely high fashion as is Chantal's body. And what justifies Chantal as being dumb? I really never got that from her. The only dumb comment I ever heard her say was "is daylight savings time really coming up?" and its not that stupid. And as calvinrm said, you don't need to be a nuclear chemist or rocket scientist to be a model. I'm sure not all of the models walking for Burberry or Chanel are brilliant, but I'm sure most of them aren't morons. And Chantal's photos, for me at least, were much more than mediocre. Of course, her flower shot sucked, and thats the honest truth coming from a huge Chantal fan. But her other pictures? Her great wall, smoking, like you said rock climbing, gargoyle, recyclable, and standing out photos were beautiful. Her CoverGirl #1 was cheesy, but she had a beautiful second shot. I'd say more but the next episode of Cycle 10 is on in a few minutes and I need to make popcorn

this cycle is doing great
    i'm glad it did't fell off liked cycle 9 since episode 3

Team Whitney/Katarzyna Epochalypse's Avatar

Personally I think ANTM is redeeming itself this cycle. The photoshoots have been so much better than alot of the stupid themed one's in the last few cycles and so far I have agreed with every elimination. And I'm getting the feeling that one of my favourites might actually win this cycle.
    Cycle 10 Favourite's - Whitney, Aimee and Amis
    Best Photo's
    Homeless - Aimee, Makeover - Claire, Lingerie - Marvita, Paint - Aimee,
    Music - Whitney, Fuerzabruta - Whitney, Jetsetters - Dominique, Commercial - Katarzyna, Roman Castle - Fatima, Movie Icons - Anya, CoverGirl - Whitney

This cycle so far has been perfect imo. Though Tyra does always manage to screw something up sooner or later.

especially nigel. credibility= 0% and to think he's a photographer! it made him looked like he badly needs his job. swallowed his pride and kissed tyty's bootie just to keep his work.
    trust in God,have faith
    FANTASTIC KATALYST/KATWALKER
    "KATAlyzing the KATwalk"
    Kataclauremeenya