Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Is ANTM going downhill?

Re: Is ANTM going downhill?

Quote Originally Posted by derekt;2853425;
    actually cycle 3 is a downhill already
    I don't think cycle 3 had any really shocking eliminations. It did focus more on drama and personalities (hence Eva winning) but it still had great shoots, and Tyra and the judges weren't as full of themselves (I actually liked Nigel back then).

Whiticism : real size! bluegins's Avatar

Cycle 1 - well first cycle it was mediocre, but entertaining
    Cycle 2 - AMAZING. High Fashion shoots, Tyra's video, I thought all of the girls were beautiful from Anna to Yoanna. I mean sure Camille was a bitch but she could photograph. All of the girls were great except from Catie who bugged me the whole way through lol.
    Cycle 3 - I liked the winner. But I would have eliminated Kelle and Ann even over Magdalena who was the first to go. Kristi was only eliminated because she was uncomfortable doing the nude photoshoot and I liked her. lol. How Toccara didn't make it to the final 6 and Norelle and Nicole were eliminated over Ann I don't get. AT ALL. I liked the Cassie storyline too! Overall I liked the cycle I just didn't like the elimination order.
    Cycle 4 - SECOND BEST CYCLE!!! The shoots were memorable and so were the girls. Actually most of them are doing modelling gigs. I wanted Kahlen to win but I liked Naima too. I <3 the final 7 though I would have wanted Rebecca to be in there. And I thought it was great to bring ANTM to South Africa.
    Cycle 5 - Yes I know a lot of people hate this cycle but it is my FAVOURITE. I love the winner, I love ALL the girls, I love the shoots, I adored the challenges, I like Twiggy and I'm a sucker for England. Jayla, Kyle, Lisa, Kim, Coryn, Ashley, Sarah, Nik, Bre, Nicole ... I love them all!!! This cycle ended up getting the best pictures in ANTM history. Except for the second shoot, there were memorable photos (bollywood, Secret ad, Rural high fashion!). I LOVE CYCLE 5 and I LOVE NICOLE!
    Cycle 6 - Okay. A bit of a filler for it. I expected every step of the way so it was a but boring
    Cycle 7 - Interesting girls. Not stunningly beautiful but modellesque. The girl I liked got sent home after the second shoot, but my second favorite one won. I was a bit disappointed with some of those shoots.
    Cycle 8 - Argggh. Worst cycle. Except from Samantha, Felicia and Renee I could not stand those girls. And I had hugh hopes for the plus sizes and then they got all insecure and posey. GRRRRR.
    Cycle 9 - THIRD FAVORITE - you have got to love those photoshoots - and the girls were stunning yet not pretty. Yes I didn't like the winner and Victoria, Heather, Lisa, Sarah and Jenah were sent home way before their time. But overall the pictures were BEAUTIFUL.
    Cycle 10 - So far it's SHOCKING. The meat photoshoot is an insult, Kimberly quit, Atalya was sent home over Dominique (????), Allison over Fatima, I'm just surprised. But I like the girls. I root for Whitney, Lauren and Katarzyna.

So I'd say it's been a bit of a rollercoaster for me. The only cycle I despised (I actullay stopped watching after Whitney's elimination) was number 8. there were mediocre cycles and better ones, but I wouldn't say it's going downhill.
    Elyse, Shannon,Nicole (c1), April, Yoanna, Sara, Jenascia, Eva, Ann, Toccara, Cassie, Kahlen, Brittany, Nicole (c5), Kim, Jayla, Danielle, Joanie, Brooke (c6), Caridee, Megan, Brooke (c7), the twins, Renee, Whitney (c8), Felicia, Diana, Chantal, Sarah (c9), Heather, Lisa (c9), Whitney (c10), Amis, Allison, Lauren, starting to like Katarzyna

Here Kitty Kitty Kitty StarrieEyedKat's Avatar

I think if they eliminated all the sketchy editing and stupid "bitch vs bitch" story lines and brought back panel challenges the show would start to redeem itself a bit.

Granted, if the quality of the models and winners were up to par, and the elimination orders weren't so rigged, the show would really redeem itself, but that's asking for a bit much I guess.
    Just found out I'm pregnant, 1/28/08!!!

[QUOTE=BustaK;2853526;]I don't think cycle 3 had any really shocking eliminations. It did focus more on drama and personalities (hence Eva winning) but it still had great shoots, and Tyra and the judges weren't as full of themselves (I actually liked Nigel back then).[/QUOTE]

i liked nigel from cycle 2-7
    hated him since cycle 8
    NICOLE ELIMINATION IS TOTALLY UNFAIR

A world where 115 is healthy, 120 is plus sized and 125 is morbidly obese

Quote Originally Posted by derekt;2853463;
    i know !!
    IF THE TOP 4 IS LISA.JENAH.HEATHER.CHANTAL
    I can sure you that this will become one of the best cycle after cycle 6
    It would be if Jenah and Chantal were replaced with Victoria and Sarah. Jenah was largely overrated and Chantal was a dumbass barbie doll.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelton;2853593;
    It would be if Jenah and Chantal were replaced with Victoria and Sarah. Jenah was largely overrated and Chantal was a dumbass barbie doll.

that's (NOT) funny
    victoria is good.i like her but she is extremely overated
    sarah always take good photo but her expression is always the same

In a sense, yes but not really. Cycle 3, Cycle 6, Cycle 8, Cycle 9 (except the winner) are my favorite of them all. While the others (yes, even cycle 4... im a minority) are either bad or boring. Cycle 10 so far is going pretty good. I'm loving it so far!

So i guess it depends on the season. Some are hits and some are misses. However, the show does get too predictable after cycle 6.
    Currently Watching: America's Next Top Model c11, I Love Money and Project Runway 5

Want to Win: Lauren Brie (ANTM 11) and Korto (PR5)
    Just Go Away: Analeigh (ANTM 11) and Kenley (PR5)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Shelton;2853593;
    I could say so many argumentative things to that, but I'll try to keep this post shorter than I'd like. Just because Chantal doesn't speak with the most amazing vocabulary or whatever people want doesn't mean she's a moron. And who cares if she is anyway? She took great pictures and can't help that she looks like barbie. Its her genetics and she's beautiful. Jenah overrated? Overrated means they didn't work as well as people say they did. Jenah took stunning photos and had a crap weave but didn't let it crap up her photos. She didn't take a bad photo the entire time. Heather was the most overrated girl of cycle 9. I didn't dislike her, I liked her, but I didn't looooove her. She took pretty good photos, but come on? Her smoking & plant shots were average. She looked gorgeous in her smoking photo but thats it. And with out the make up or outfit in the plant shot, she would have just been blah in the photo. I did like Heather a lot, but not as much as half the ANTM-loving population did. And Victoria was a whiny girl who took okay pictures and if she had more respect than she could've done as well as people act like she did. The only thing Victoria did for me was give me the laughs I had when she said her famous sea nymph quote.

FORT Newbie

Hm i think my favourite was cycle1 and my least favourite is cycle 9 and possibly this cycle. I think theyve focused more on coming up with weird ideas for photoshoots and less about the quality of it +they are photoshopping way to much they dont look like models anymore they look like cartoons...

I think they should go back to keeping it simple, rememnber the amazing naked-posing-with-diamonds photoshoot in cycle one? THATS how a photoshoot should look like. Lol whats up with posing with dead meat and posing as plants (c9) ?? keep it simple tyra.. please.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 03-19-2008 at 07:54 PM.

Eva winning cycle 3 was dumb. She wasn't even tall enough, looked like a barnyard animal, and had thunderthighs. I think Ann should have won. I liked everything about Cycle 9 except for the winner. It was a good cycle: not much filler, less themed photoshoots, and good girls, but it seemed like a waste when they picked the worst girl there.
    Yeah, instead of just looking homeless, itís kind of changed to homeless chic. I dress up my flannel with pearls. -Jenah cycle 9