Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Is ANTM going downhill?

Quote Originally Posted by Creig;2106726;
    After Cycle 5, there has been no more entertainment in cycle 6 or 7
    Monique only entertained Cycle 7

What About Your Opionion?
    jade offered more drama & bitchiness for the rest of the cycles.

also, as upset as i am that felicia left... i still think that ANTM is the BEST reality show out there. and jael, renee, dionne, and jaslene are still in the house so im good.
    Eat More Food! Holla, Holla, Holla! - Whitney, C10 Winner & HBIC

The reason why ANTM has gone downhill in term of actual modeling is because it's become more of trying to find a spokesmodel for Covergirl than a girl who can potentially be a Top Model, It Girl, or whatever. The first 2 seasons were more about trying to find who was the best model on the show. When C3 started it was about modeling but that was also Covergirl's first year on the show and the winner that season basically won because she had the better CG photo. Ever since then it's more or less about finding the best girl who can fit Covergirl's image of a spokesmodel.
    “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”- Albert Einstein

If it was a true modelling competition would we have the same favourites? If we only saw their pictures and performances in the challenges what it make a difference? I mean Melrose did produce very good pictures, but since we knew too much about her, many people didn't like her - me included. But how much do we know about other models, how they interact with others? Practically nothing.

I think we must accept that ANTM is a reality show first and a modelling competition second.

Re: Is ANTM going downhill?

after A MAJOR downhill of cycle 8 + 9
    cycle 10 is moving up and is GREAT !!!
    back to NYC is a good thing

Quote Originally Posted by derekt;2853340;
    after A MAJOR downhill of cycle 8 + 9
    cycle 10 is moving up and is GREAT !!!
    back to NYC is a good thing
    I agree. Cycle ten (with it's runway challenges, product-oriented photo shoots, and less "themed" shoots) is -- thus far -- giving a lot better illusion of "reality" than the previous two cycles.

Katarzyna & Anya: Final 2 willl's Avatar

I think C9 was pretty good actually, with the exception of the Recyclable Materials and the Flower Shoot (which was executed pretty well though) the cycle was pretty great. Ofcourse, many people didn't like the winner (me included..), but still I liked C9 quite much. The rockclimbing, gargoyle, Great Wall, car in the desert shoots were all great!

I think ANTM has been going downhill since Cycle 7. Covergirl really started pushing it's influence then and it just got worse. Not to mention that Tyra has this delusion that she knows everything about fashion and that pisses off the fashion industry thus the show gets it's stigma. Plus you got better fashion oreinted competitions like Project Runway and Make Me A Supermodel that does everything right.

Speaking of Tyra, she takes the fun out of the show with her egomania and bad treatment of the girls. She needs to stay on her lame talk show cuz no one wants to see her fake weaved butt anymore.

To me,I think after C3,this show starts to go down A LOT

The main problem is they keep eliminating girls with bizarre reasons

C4 brittary
    C5 Ashley
    C6 Nnenna
    C7 brooke
    C8 Renee
    C9 Sarah

C8 is at the lowest point I think

And C9 was actually A LOT better,bad winner unfortunately

I Think THis Season I Have Seen a Resurge in the show.
    MY ANTM WINNERS:

1. Shannon | 2. Shandi | 3. Amanda | 4. Kahlen | 5. Nik | 6. Joanie | 7. Melrose | 8. Jaslene | 9. Jenah | 10. Anya

Quote Originally Posted by willl;2853369;
    I think C9 was pretty good actually, with the exception of the Recyclable Materials and the Flower Shoot (which was executed pretty well though) the cycle was pretty great. Ofcourse, many people didn't like the winner (me included..), but still I liked C9 quite much. The rockclimbing, gargoyle, Great Wall, car in the desert shoots were all great!
    i know .actually cycle 9 girls have more potential than cycle 10 one
    but too bad .the elimination order is tooo wrong that's why cycle 9 also count as 'downhill cycle'