Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cycle 7 House/Panel Room Reactions

FORT Fan

Cycle 7 House/Panel Room Reactions

I just wanted to see what everyone else thought about the "sets" this season. The house and the judging room in particular compared to previous cycles.

For me, I think they REALLY dropped the ball this season. The house concept is a sell out advertisement for the TYRA talk show and would drive me nuts to walk through. And the judging room to me looks like a weird futuristic airport.

I LOVED C6's judging room too (and the house was beautiful too!)...

What are your reactions?

The house looks nice. The problem comes in that you can't go anywhere in that house without seeing Tyra somewhere. Yah I know the show was her concept and she's a big model, but come on. Tone that arrogance down about, oh I dunno, 100 notches.

FORT Fogey
    I really do not have much of an issue with the house. Yet all the shots of Tyra are tacky but we all know that she is egotistical. It was bound to happen one of these seasons. I'm really not surprised.

Now the judging panel room I simply love. I love everything about it. I also love this batch of girls but I found myself more in awe of the room itself than them. My favorite feature is the curved platform that the girls stand on while awaiting their turn for critique. Very futiristic but not to the point of being cheap for me.

I liked the judging room. The house is a different story. It is Tyra saturation. Even the Tyra mails have her photo on it. It's just too much and very tacky. Granted, I'm not surprised considering she has a huge ego, and it seems to get bigger every year. I usually don't get sick of Tyra this early. I wouldn't like her staring at me from every angle when I am sleeping. I also notice that she seems to only pick girls who worship her, which probably feeds her ego even more. Also, what is the deal with not enough beds for everyone? Do they feel they have to manufacture some tension right off? I do like this group of girls much better.

I liked cycle 6 house better and cycle 7 has a good judging room...you had to clap your hands when you seen the judging room compared to cycle 1 come on now

FORT Fan
    I dunno. I just really liked how much nature was incorporated into the house and the panel room (plants, etc) last season. The blue is kind of overwhelming now, and the floor lighting up seems very Star Trek-y.

And yeah, Tyra did outdo herself in the ego factor w/ the house being about her.

yea i could see if she had that one picture of her at the front door and the rest will be past ANTM girls like if the winners were above the beds

I bet all the girls will get brainwashed by all the tyra pics in the house and all they'll ever see, talk and think about is Tyra. Call a shrink now!

Everybody is taking the words out of my mouth, because since last night i've been saying the judging room looks futuristic. everything actually. i love it. black and silver and blue. even the strip behind the girls' name when they pop up is silver. i'm thinking that's the theme color, hopefully.

FORT Fan
    ^ Could be, since (as far as I can remember about last night) we didn't even get opening credits with the supposedly *new* theme song.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast