Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Episode 1 Photoshoot: Model Stereotypes

Anya | Kata | Aimee so into you's Avatar
    I really think Jaeda's photos work, with her expression being so robotic. Something very freaky about it, but in a very editorial way. Like she's so obsessed with plastic surgery, her facial features are all fake therefore she looks completely like a doll.
    beauty is only skin deep.

Michelle was definetly the stand out in this photoshoot. Some other photos look better I think, but none of them captures what they were going for as well as she did. I really didn't expect either twin to be that great, but if that's any sign of what she's capable of she's definetly going to be one the best this season.

LOL, where is that left reflection of Anchal in the mirror coming from?

I think Melrose actually did a pretty good job now that I look at it. No way did she deserve to be in the bottom two.

Quote Originally Posted by TokyoNiGHTS View Post
    Michelle was definetly the stand out in this photoshoot. Some other photos look better I think, but none of them captures what they were going for as well as she did. I really didn't expect either twin to be that great, but if that's any sign of what she's capable of she's definetly going to be one the best this season.
    OMG, she ROCKED that photo!

Quote Originally Posted by NoBody View Post
    LOL, where is that left reflection of Anchal in the mirror coming from?
    They just 'shopped poses from her other pictures into the mirrors.

Quote Originally Posted by NoBody View Post
    I think Melrose actually did a pretty good job now that I look at it. No way did she deserve to be in the bottom two.
    I think she should've been in the bottom 3. Christian, Eugena, and Melrose are definetly the worst. The problem with Melrose is that its emotionless in a photo that should have emotion. She should look like she's disgusted with them trying to offer her that money and it dosen't look like that. And Eugena's photo is the worst of them all. Nothing about it looks good.

AJ--I actually liked this. The guy kind of creeped me out though.
    Amanda--This was just OK for me, not really spectacular. Her twin definately did much better. Also, the anorexia thing is very believable with her figure.
    Anchal--I am a big fan of her. I love her exotic beauty. As someone who is Indian myself, I would love to see her win. I just hope she doesn't turn out to be as disappointing to us as Gina was to Asians.
    Brooke--This was so bland. It was rather vacant and I wouldn't have known she was a "backstabbing bitch" if that other girl wasn't in the picture.
    Caridee--She did this well, but she had the easiest one to portray.
    Christian--This was OK. I would have liked her to stay. yes, she did the same pose, but who models perfectly their first time? I would bet she could have learned--maybe if she didn't improve within next 1 or 2 episodes, lose her, but anyhow.
    Eugena--I didn't like this at all. She did have a hard one, because how do you be a black girl trying to be white?
    Jaeda--Ick. She looks like she is a pre-op transsexual, getting ready to complete her transition.
    Megan--I don't like this either. Her mouth is open and it is just wrong!
    Megg--i don't see the problem the judges had with this! She was supposed to be a junkie! She looked strung out on drugs--that's how they look! She was being realistic! I liked it!
    Melrose--It was so-so. Even though she acted like a diva, I really think it won't happen again for her.
    Michelle--This was really, really good. One of the best.
    Monique--Her photo wasn't that great, but she does look like a bitch. She will fill the jade slot--though from what I see, she doesn't have half the talent Jade did, so all she will be is the resident bitch to keep the drama going and then go away.

My pick to go home would have been either Megan or Eugena. They were both worse than Christian.

Monique's photo like she has penis... LOL
    the twins rock!! i am so in love of them!!
    The real original AMERICAN IDOL KELLY CLARKSON's new single NEVER AGAIN is now availlable on ITUNES !!!!

Bre don't like ugly......
    Ok, I've looked at the photos some more and I now have new opinions.

Christian's is absolutely gorgeous and totally captured her theme.
    Michelle's is utterly scary and I don't like it anymore.
    Jaeda looks more like a man than I first thought.
    AJ's is better that I first thought.
    Megan's is just about as terrible.
    There's something that I love about Monique's.
    Eugena's isn't that bad.
    Brooke's lips are too tight.
    Caridee's isn't quite looking ditzy enough.
    Amanda's photo is still gorgeous.
    I am still in love with Anchal.
    Melrose's photo is just OK.
    Megg's is actually quite good for the theme.

New rankings :
    1. Anchal
    2. Christian
    3. Amanda
    4. CariDee
    5. Megg
    6. Melrose
    7. Jaeda
    8. Monique
    9. Brooke
    10. AJ
    11. Eugena
    12. Michelle
    13. Megan

Quote Originally Posted by TokyoNiGHTS View Post
    The 4 of us that watch ANTM were very worried last night about what the board's reaction to Michele's photo would be....so far, in this thread and with this post, it's being given the credit for genius that it is.

Personally, I was just BLOWN AWAY by this photo, like no other one in any of the 7 seasons of ANTM. It really appears that Tyra has her modeling "act" together, finally. In the current issue of ELLE magazine, there's a Dolce & Gabbana ad which features both a nude male and a model "shot through the forehead", lying on the ground. It's edgy, it's different, and had me looking at the ad for at least 10 minutes, analyzing it. I'll tell you one thing: D & G sure got their money's worth with that ad and THAT is what sponsers want to know and what these girls have to remember: NO ONE is going to take your photo because you're "pretty"...unless it's your Grannie! Each shot that a model takes is promoting something: pimple cream, shoes, watches, hair color...or an unobtainable reality by being the selling face on a magazine cover. So many of the girls, throughout the years, pose like a 4 year olds image of what a model does, but forgets WHY they are modeling.

Michele nailed it and she and A.J. are my clear favourites!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

i love Michelle, AJ, Amanda, Megg, and CariDee.
    they're my favorite. i haven't watch it, and i can't because i live in indonesia. so i can only judge their photo.