Page 1 of 29 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Contradiction in ANTM

Contradiction in ANTM

Hi guys...

I did a Cycle 1 marathon last night and in the episode where Ms J teach the girl to walk, Tyra did a runway don't and one of them is the twirl like a church fashion show...and i thought that was weird since they made the church fashion show as one of the challenges in Cycle 6...

It's not just the twirl...there are a lot of other contradictions;
    (1)Braids: Tyra said that braids are not suitable for fashion to Camille but they gave it to Ebony (Cycle 5)

(2) Long hair: Tyra cut Jennipher hips-length hair because is not suits modelling, but she gave long hair to both Tiffany (C.4) and Furonda (C.6)

That's all that i can think of the moment...feel free to add

ive actually thought about the hair thing alot, but one thing that was pointed out is that, fashion and trends change alot, whats in one season could be out the next, and such and such. All those girls are from different seasons/years...trends probably just change.

i cant say anything about the church walk thing, that was just for show...i guess...er...

I agree with KinmokuPrincess. I don't think it was contradictions but more of what was the most popular look for that perticular season. Good question though.

Katarzyna & Anya: Final 2 willl's Avatar
    Maybe Tyra meant you can only do the twirl in church fashion shows, not in regular fashion shows. Or else it wouldn't make any sense.
    And about the long hair; Jennipher had way longer hair than Furonda and Tiffany got. When her hair was cut it wasn't much shorter than Tiffany's or Furonda's.

Quote Originally Posted by willl View Post
    Maybe Tyra meant you can only do the twirl in church fashion shows, not in regular fashion shows. Or else it wouldn't make any sense.
    ...what? Then what was the video of her twirling in the Isaac Mizrahi fashion show? He sure as hell isn't doing 'Church Fashion Shows'.

maybe she meant after you're established
    Tyra:
    "Gina, we're gonna give some edgy cuts and angles to your hair, and less, "OmiGOD, I wanna buy a cute denim skirt!"

FORT Regular
    basically, tyra is gonna do what tyra wants to do. contradiction or not.

cow
    well, there are always exceptions for stuff, and you should learn to twirl in case the designer wants you to, but otherwise, don't do it.
    i agree with the braids thing though. when they gave them to her i was thinking huh?
    and the long hair, well like the people above me said, trends change. and also, different hairstyles suit different people differently.
    moooooo
    orangepie

The judges eliminating Brittany because they said her personality was gone, but the week before, they said to tone it down.

^ that is so true...i guess they just need a reason to eliminate her

more contradiction....

in cycle 2, in the personal style episode....catie anderson was criticised for dressing up like a hooker....but during the elimination...tyra was wearing same hooker-ish outfit (tank tops, leggings and high-heel)

Page 1 of 29 1234567891011 ... LastLast