Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Contradiction in ANTM

Quote Originally Posted by TokyoNiGHTS;2162684;
    Well I wasn't trying to say that there wasn't a possiblity that they would'velooked down on her for getting out early instead of "pushing" herself. I was just trying to point out the differences between what she did and what those other girls didn't do. It really wouldn't have surprise me if they did do that had she gotten out early. But I also think she might've been able to get abck in had that happened which would've redeemed her for showing she wasn't giving up on the shoot.
    but at the same time, all the girls were cold
    what would caridee say "uggh, i'm cold"
    it took hypothermia for the judges to realize how serious it was

Tyra telling Cyndel (cycle 7 preliminary contestant), that stripping has nothing to do with Modeling, when she asked Dita (Manson's wife?) to show the girls to move with sex appeal.

Burlesque, Cabaret, Exotic, Entertainer, Stripper...I don't care how pretty you want to make the word sounds, its pretty much the same concept.

with hairstyles and fashion contradictions, fashion changes constantly, so what's in one month, may not be in next month.

Americas Next Top Model 9 Cookiez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;2165587;
    Tyra telling Cyndel (cycle 7 preliminary contestant), that stripping has nothing to do with Modeling, when she asked Dita (Manson's wife?) to show the girls to move with sex appeal.

Burlesque, Cabaret, Exotic, Entertainer, Stripper...I don't care how pretty you want to make the word sounds, its pretty much the same concept.
    My agent sent me to someone similar to her to teah us how to be sexy and let go. But there is a difference between Stripping and erotic dancing.
    The future of fashion, America's Next Top Model

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiez;2166123;
    My agent sent me to someone similar to her to teah us how to be sexy and let go. But there is a difference between Stripping and erotic dancing.
    It's the same concept though as KinmokuPrincess pointed out. The idea behind it is the same and for the most part, their movements are no different. To get angry at a contestant for saying there's not much of a difference between stripping and modeling and then to turn around and have your models do burlesque is highly hypocritical.

Quote Originally Posted by TokyoNiGHTS;2166403;
    It's the same concept though as KinmokuPrincess pointed out. The idea behind it is the same and for the most part, their movements are no different. To get angry at a contestant for saying there's not much of a difference between stripping and modeling and then to turn around and have your models do burlesque is highly hypocritical.
    Or posing nude

I do realise that there is a difference between stripping and posing nude in a fashion situation, but still. I believe SFG pointed it out best in her recap.

Sorry to double post but another contradiction is that Tyra has all of these girls pose nude, and she herself has admitted that she does not pose nude. She said she was willing to simulate it (with a thong and a breast band) yet she has these girls naked on top of a building and really no privacy at all (she could have used a closed set with only the photographer and art director, don't know what good that would ahve done on a reality show, but still)

Quote Originally Posted by TokyoNiGHTS;2166403;
    burlesque is way different than stripping....
    honestly that girl was stupid to say that modeling and stripping weren't much different

Michelle was eliminated because it didn't seem like she cared/wanted it enough (I believe AJ was eliminated for the same reason). But Tyra says that with Eugena is often times doesn't seem like she cares either but she makes it to the final 3.

Contradiction in ANTM

Quote Originally Posted by TokyoNiGHTS;2167419;
    Michelle was eliminated because it didn't seem like she cared/wanted it enough (I believe AJ was eliminated for the same reason). But Tyra says that with Eugena is often times doesn't seem like she cares either but she makes it to the final 3.
    Difference is Michelle actually said she didn't care in front of the judges. Remember her speech. AJ's comments and when she did her last photoshoot showed that. Eugena just doesn't show much emotion. She smiles when the judges compliment her but that about it. She has never publicly questioned her reason for being there like Michelle and AJ did.