Page 234 of 240 FirstFirst ... 134184224225226227228229230231232233234235236237238239240 LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 2395

Thread: AJ - Cycle 7

Re: AJ - Cycle 7

aj was not racist she hung out with anchal and if someone told you that you had to portray an asian when you are black i think i would be upset too

FORT Fogey

The thought of her being racist is ridiculous. Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony are very proud of and passionate about their heritage. It is a big part of who they are. And she didn't know how to properly incorporate that into the photoshoot. She may not have worded that statement to the best of her abilities but I seriously doubt she's a racist considering the diversity of the girls she was around.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by hotsauce;2875820;
    I really, really, really DISLIKED AJ! She deserved to go home when she did. She gave up. She quit. Her and her beak nose! What really sent me over the edge with her is when they did the recap episode during C7 and she says into the confessional with this look of disgust on her face.."I don't know how to portray a hispanic." No one every brings this up but I will! I will always remember! I thought it was racist...like that had anything to do with anything. Those pictures of her a few pages back SUCK. i would have wrote in to the magazine and asked for my money back for allowing such a disgusting person in the magazine! I HATE AJ and I still don't see why she has so many fans..She's a quitter people! How do you all love this quitter!?
    I'd take the girl who's fantastic & doesn't want it over the girl who's begging for it and sucks any day.

There is nothing racist about her comment. Marc Anthony, IMO, is hard to portray.

And she's so sorry she has a 'beak' (erm beautiful) nose, she can really help her genetics, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by hotsauce;2876673;
    I wouldn't say that one spread makes her ubber successful. Doesn't she have a rather small portfolio all that allantm site? I bet she's just sitting at home trying to stay away from as many hispanics as possible.
    One spread? She has five or six spreads already posted in this thread, which is much more than most other ANTM graduates, including various winners. She's working in Hong Kong, a rather major Asian fashion capital, and the caliber of her photographs is already far more editorial than any of the pictures most of the ANTM girls can produce.
    Last edited by Amanda; 04-01-2008 at 08:13 AM.
    antm10.ANYA.FATIMA.katarzyna

I don't think she was racist. It was such a dumb photoshoot in the first place that's why she gave up. Her portfolio is very large. She used to have a myspace and stuff but she deleted it. There are a lot of spreads/magazines we probably have not seen.
    Yeah, instead of just looking homeless, itís kind of changed to homeless chic. I dress up my flannel with pearls. -Jenah cycle 9

FORT Regular

whatever she is..
    i analise so many times why she feel like this. and for me is for MEGG GO HOME --- as a friend that they are.. she feel down when she leaves the competition...

Her "I don't know how to portray a Mexican or whatever" comment was pretty rude but I don't think that makes her racist. She obviously didn't really take this show seriously (who can really blame her?) and I think she tends to be a negative person, but she's still one of the msot successful from her cycle. Along Mel Rose and Eugena, AJ is getting good work.

I never liked AJ (due to her personality) but she should have at least made it abroad during her cycle. Guess, she's like Mollie Sue in that way.

FORT Regular

aj is one of the most beautiful girls in all antm...
    i hate when she go home.. but with her attitude maybe she can reach the top 6...
    i loveeee when Cari,Megg and Aj make her group against the comment of MELrose when talks in the pool about Anchal..

I really, really, really DISLIKED AJ! She deserved to go home when she did. She gave up. She quit. Her and her beak nose! What really sent me over the edge with her is when they did the recap episode during C7 and she says into the confessional with this look of disgust on her face.."I don't know how to portray a hispanic." No one every brings this up but I will! I will always remember! I thought it was racist...like that had anything to do with anything. Those pictures of her a few pages back SUCK. i would have wrote in to the magazine and asked for my money back for allowing such a disgusting person in the magazine! I HATE AJ and I still don't see why she has so many fans..She's a quitter people! How do you all love this quitter!?
    The word "racist" is a very strong word that is used WAY too loosely in today's society. AJ never implied that hispanics were inferior or anything, she just said it is difficult for her to portray a Hispanic. Considering J-Lo and Marc Anthony have very different features from AJ and that they embrace the Hispanic culture as much as they do, I think it's a reasonable statement to make. There is no reason to throw the race card in because she said that. We all live in a culture where we must think twice before we even say the name of a race and where everyone is so overly-sensitive and digs through statements to find racism when it really is not present. AJ said nothing directly racist or anything that implied that Hispanics were inferior. If she made a directly racist comment like Allison, then you have all the right to call her racist. But in reality, racism is an extreme form of hate and discrimination and the racist card should never be thrown out that loosely.
    I miss AJ!!
    "Immerse your soul in love"-Radiohead

FORT Fanatic

Surprise, surprise, hotsauce brings up the race issue, AGAIN. Stop looking for things that aren't there, it's getting boring quite frankly. The reason no-one's brought it up is because there's nothing to discuss!

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-01-2007, 08:04 AM
  2. 03-13-2007, 09:28 PM
  3. 03-13-2007, 07:35 PM
  4. 03-13-2007, 07:15 PM
  5. 03-13-2007, 07:03 PM
  6. 03-13-2007, 05:29 PM
  7. 03-13-2007, 03:28 PM
  8. 03-13-2007, 11:36 AM
  9. 03-04-2007, 07:41 PM
  10. 03-04-2007, 06:38 PM
  11. 02-25-2007, 01:59 PM