Thread: AJ - Cycle 7

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale;2166676;
    However that is all I know about her, what I saw on TV.
    I know, but you say she acted a certain way all the time, which isn't even true. I don't have a problem with people who have a different opinion of her, but I do wish people could at least back up their arguments with something factual. You say she pointed out that she was different all the time, yet I only recall her saying that on the premiere. Other people say she had such a bad attitude throughout the competition, yet they can't give any examples other than the makeover and her elimination episode. I've watched the episodes a dozen times, and I still can't see this "bad" attitude that so many people talk about. On the contrary, I think she had a good attitude for the most part of the show. From what we got to see anyway.

And I'm not just saying this because I like her so much, it's because I seriously can't watch her performance in the challenges, photoshoots, and the whole show in general and interpret that as a bad attitude. I guess I don’t understand what she did that was so wrong. She got picked for the show, made some new friends, took some great pictures, had a great runway walk, and won a challenge. Now, besides the obvious “OMG, she didn’t like her hair” and “What a brat for wanting to leave”, what else did she do that was so bad?
    "It's a little sick and twisted, which is kind of like me." - A.J., America's Next Top Model
    "Oh yeah, I have a nerdy moment in my life everyday." - Jael, America's Next Top Model
    "You are NOT allowed to enter me, but you may hang out with us now through this token from your past." - Adrianne, Celebrity Paranormal Project

She was on the Big in 06 Awards on VH1 last night when they did the tribute to women of reality TV. Jaeda, Brooke, Joanie and Furonda were there as well oh and Ms. Jay

Quote Originally Posted by iflookscouldkil;2166709;
    She was on the Big in 06 Awards on VH1 last night when they did the tribute to women of reality TV.
    Yeah I know, I saw her. I was a bit disappointed though. It was pretty much just the award show and nothing else. I thought we were going to get to see some hanging out on the red carpet kind of stuff. Celebrities chillin' and get interviewed - that sort of thing.

It's cool though. Getting to see A.J. on tv again made watching it worthwhile.
    "It's a little sick and twisted, which is kind of like me." - A.J., America's Next Top Model
    "Oh yeah, I have a nerdy moment in my life everyday." - Jael, America's Next Top Model
    "You are NOT allowed to enter me, but you may hang out with us now through this token from your past." - Adrianne, Celebrity Paranormal Project

Quote Originally Posted by The Last Soul;2166699;
    I know, but you say she acted a certain way all the time, which isn't even true. I don't have a problem with people who have a different opinion of her, but I do wish people could at least back up their arguments with something factual. You say she pointed out that she was different all the time, yet I only recall her saying that on the premiere. Other people say she had such a bad attitude throughout the competition, yet they can't give any examples other than the makeover and her elimination episode. I've watched the episodes a dozen times, and I still can't see this "bad" attitude that so many people talk about. On the contrary, I think she had a good attitude for the most part of the show. From what we got to see anyway.
    I do remember her saying it a couple of times, in the preview, in the premiere and during the makeover. And I know that it's not "all of the time" but in the beginning it was her selling point, at least that is how I perceived it. As for the supposed bad attitude, I never addressed it, so I won't do it now either.

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale;2166775;
    I do remember her saying it a couple of times, in the preview, in the premiere and during the makeover. And I know that it's not "all of the time" but in the beginning it was her selling point, at least that is how I perceived it. As for the supposed bad attitude, I never addressed it, so I won't do it now either.
    Oh yes, the preview. More stuff from the same interview. More stuff from the beginning. And she didn't say it in the makeover, she said she liked spikes in her hair. That's not the same thing.

I know what you mean by it being her "selling point" though. Because in the first few clips of her on the premiere, she did say it a few times. But you'd think if she continued to say it throughout the show they would have shown it. Just like they did with Jaeda and her short hair. It's like the editors were purposely trying to get us irritated by Jaeda, and it worked. I never really disliked Jaeda, but I was amazed, and a bit annoyed, that she was still complaining about her makeover, even weeks later. Although, I was more annoyed by the fact that she had been in the bottom two so many times and was still there. However, I'm sure Jaeda is a fun and friendly person in real life.

But anyway. I know I'm being touchy about this whole thing. I guess I'm not bothered by her saying she's different because to me, she is different. There's something different about her that separates her from the other girls and makes me like her so much. And really, I think that's the way everyone feels about their favorite contestant.

I like A.J
    I think she's very intelligent, sensitive, and very aware of the lame show that she was on. I hope she does well, and doesn't let her emotions get the best of her.
    If this show had actually been about finding real models and talent, then her and Michelle would have been final two.

Instead we're stuck with smellrose and crazy cari. And oh, that other one.

Haha, well...maybe it's for the best...I mean, at the beginning of the show, no one would have expected any of what could have happened

Actually I recall her saying it more than one time as well, I know in one confessional she talked about how she was different from all of the girls, and I believe in one of the phone calls she was telling someone about how different she was as well... Perhaps she didn't say it "all the time" but it was brought up on more than one occasion, and although no one knows if she truly did discuss it a lot because we only get a mere number of hours as opposed to the weeks that they spend there, I suppose that could be used to say that you dont really know how often she said it either... I dont really care personally, I did find that a little annoying, but it certainly didn't make that big of an impact.
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

And as far as the Big in '06 awards go, I thought that AJ looked beautiful (And I'm not one of her biggest fans, although have always thought she is pretty)... Her hair and makeup seemed perfect, although I would have chosen a different shade for her dress, not sure if that was the actual color, or just looked different on TV, but it didn't compliment her skin tone... and WHY was she CHEWING GUM ON STAGE?!
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo82;2167155;
    Actually I recall her saying it more than one time as well, I know in one confessional she talked about how she was different from all of the girls, and I believe in one of the phone calls she was telling someone about how different she was as well... Perhaps she didn't say it "all the time" but it was brought up on more than one occasion, and although no one knows if she truly did discuss it a lot because we only get a mere number of hours as opposed to the weeks that they spend there, I suppose that could be used to say that you dont really know how often she said it either... I dont really care personally, I did find that a little annoying, but it certainly didn't make that big of an impact.
    Do you mean confessional or interview? Cause the only confessional we saw of A.J. was the one in the recaps. And that was about her mixed feelings toward the competition. And what phone call? We never saw A.J. on the phone with anyone.

I don't mean to keep arguing with you guys, but seriously, it's like we're watching two different shows here. If you're going to bring something up, at least make sure you have the correct information first. Otherwise you just sound like you're making stuff up or don't know what you're talking about.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-01-2007, 09:04 AM
  2. 03-13-2007, 10:28 PM
  3. 03-13-2007, 08:35 PM
  4. 03-13-2007, 08:15 PM
  5. 03-13-2007, 08:03 PM
  6. 03-13-2007, 06:29 PM
  7. 03-13-2007, 04:28 PM
  8. 03-13-2007, 12:36 PM
  9. 03-04-2007, 08:41 PM
  10. 03-04-2007, 07:38 PM
  11. 02-25-2007, 02:59 PM