Thread: AJ - Cycle 7

Quote Originally Posted by theart83;2131665;
    Or it could be the fact that because AJ didn't watch the show at all before, she never knew that there were makeovers and was a little shocked or surprised at the prospect of a sudden change in appearance and was like, "Wait! Huh? So I'm getting a sudden makeover? Um...ok?". It probably takes time for the fact that you're changing your appearance to sink in if you weren't aware that you were going to beforehand. I mean that maybe she didn't know anything at all about the show and the makeover so maybe she wasn't prepared to suddenly give a part of her "personality" (haha, Jaeda) but at least she got over it in just a few hours or a day or so instead of repeatedly complaining and droning on and on and on about it (coughJaedacough) like someone said.

When she went in the show, she was probably surprised about a lot of things since it's a totally whole new experience for her and that there were things that she didn't know could have made it harder for her. It makes me even more amazed by her because all the other girls had previously watched the show and had an idea of the things the panel want and how the challenges and photoshoots work and the rest of the show and how they should be, etcetera. However, she was really working from nothing whatsoever apart from instinct. And she was good. She really rocks.

Exactly. This makes her performance all the more AMAZING! All the other models had some idea of what was coming. And how to play the game. AJ was flying by the seat of her pants. Not knowing what was coming around the corner next. But she rocked it! anyway. Tying to see if she had any model potential.

And when she learned she did have model potential she stepped aside. So that she would not knockout one of the other girls that AJ believed deserved it more than her. AJ is altruistic. As I said before. There is a lot to like about this woman.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanee;2131675;
    they really need to think of better reasons when eliminating people other than the "you dont want it enough" tag. aj wanted to be out of the house so i'll let it go right now, but really that reason is kinda lame. i was reading somewhere else (or was it here, i cant remember sorry), and there was a person who made a really good analogy. like, dozens of people REALLY want to get into harvard or another ivy league uni. and there are big geniuses who also applied along with the mediocre public. the genius has the qualifications (like say bill gates) but doesnt want to go to that school because he wants to skip it or something, however that doesnt mean they will deprive him or her of admission and give it to a less qualified person on the grounds that that person "wants" it more. some of the big models didnt even want to model at the beginning of their career, they were discovered (e.g. natalia vodionova got discovered SELLING FRUITS) aj is an exceptional case, she really has it, though some of the girls want it more than her, she has delivered stronger performances.
    The idea is, why waste mine and someone else's time when (s)he doesn't want it. If (s)he doesn't want it, let her go, there's no point in keeping (s)he if (s)he is not going to do anything about it. If I was the dean or somthing at Harvard, I would drop a genius as fast as the drop of a hat as long as (s)he doesn't want to be there. AJ's early departure is a blessing, not even in disguise.

But hasn't that reason also been used to eliminate another model in the past? I forgot if there was...

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by theart83;2131692;
    But hasn't that reason also been used to eliminate another model in the past? I forgot if there was...
    i think sara from cycle 6, she was criticized for "not wanting" it enough

Well, Tyra's made a lot of ridiculous eliminations a lot of times since cycle 1 but hey, they end up good.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by theart83;2131696;
    Well, Tyra's made a lot of ridiculous eliminations a lot of times since cycle 1 but hey, they end up good.
    i wonder if aj has gotten any offers yet

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by funkalicioouus;2131689;
    The idea is, why waste mine and someone else's time when (s)he doesn't want it. If (s)he doesn't want it, let her go, there's no point in keeping (s)he if (s)he is not going to do anything about it. If I was the dean or somthing at Harvard, I would drop a genius as fast as the drop of a hat as long as (s)he doesn't want to be there. AJ's early departure is a blessing, not even in disguise.
    i agree it is a blessing, but i still think its a lame reason

Quote Originally Posted by theart83;2131665;
    Or it could be the fact that because AJ didn't watch the show at all before, she never knew that there were makeovers and was a little shocked or surprised at the prospect of a sudden change in appearance and was like, "Wait! Huh? So I'm getting a sudden makeover? Um...ok?". It probably takes time for the fact that you're changing your appearance to sink in if you weren't aware that you were going to beforehand.
    Boy, the people on this forum will give AJ any excuse for acting bratty. Can't you just admit the way she acted with Mr. Fekkai was disappointing? You guys are giving every excuse in the book for the way AJ acted at the makeover -- that doesn't get over the fact that she was insulting and uncooperative, and she tried to tell Frederick Fekkai how to do his job.

Again, I don't hate AJ, and she was my clear favorite until the makeover (and even afterwards I rated her highly), but she's not perfect, and she's not the second coming.

everyone has their own opinion about AJ's behaviour bro..

but honestly she turned me-off a bit..
    Osakini?? It sounds like old-socks-and-bikini (NORELLE)

yeh i really love aj
    i believe that everyone has their own style and that's aj
    i also let someone down sometimes-____________-

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-01-2007, 08:04 AM
  2. 03-13-2007, 09:28 PM
  3. 03-13-2007, 07:35 PM
  4. 03-13-2007, 07:15 PM
  5. 03-13-2007, 07:03 PM
  6. 03-13-2007, 05:29 PM
  7. 03-13-2007, 03:28 PM
  8. 03-13-2007, 11:36 AM