Page 101 of 240 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2395

Thread: AJ - Cycle 7

I donít think AJ meant anyone any disrespect. I just donít think that is her way. Like AJ said she had never seen the show. And never even thought about modeling as a possibility for her-self. AJ did not seem to have any real idea how beautiful she is. And seemed perpetually perplexed about why she was there. That was part of the fun of AJ. Seeing her gradually come to the realization that maybe she was one of those exotic, beautiful, glamazon model types.

And like someone said. Maybe she was concerned that her hair did not look like the picture of what Tyra wanted. One thing we learned about AJ is her amazing ability to hear, and understand what they wanted from her in a shoot. And then to give it to them. Plus that something extra. That extra effort. That extra creativity. That you hope for. But didnít really think you would get. The surprise. The dessert.

AJ has a ferocious ability to give of her-self artistically, and emotionally. But that can take a lot out of you. Which I think is part of AJís moodiness. A lot of artist get moody sometimes. That is why it is so important for artist to know how to take good care of them-self. Like I said in my post # 808.

There is a limit to how much you can let your emotions run. Just like there is a limit to how much you can push your muscles before you seriously injure something.

One of the reasons I like great art, literature, and philosophy is it teaches us great truthís about handling lives challenges. From people who have been there. And really know what itís like. Without all the clinical jargon, and psycho babble. Like at the end of the movie ďGone With The WindĒ. After all Scarlet has been through. You think. How can her brain survive any more pain. Then she tells you how. In simple eloquent prose. ď I cant think about it any more. If I do. Iíll go mad. After all tomorrow is another day!

No psychologist, psychiatrist, or other expert could say it better than that. Along with taking care of the basics in my post #808. I think it can be helpful to add a childrenís chewable vitamin with minerals to your diet. With a full glass of water. Once a day. After a meal. When you are under unusual stress. You only want 100% RDA. No more. Avoid mega-vitamins. Flintstones is a good brand. Or adult Centrum. The reason I suggest childrenís chewable is that they may be easer on your stomach. But many people have no problem with adult Centrum. Some times a little extra C is good too. But the best way to get that is a little orange juice. Or some fruit.

Also I think it is good to add a extra hard-boiled egg to your diet several times a week, when you are under stress. As extra insurance that you are getting all your essential amino acids. But donít over do it. And throw the yolk away. You get all the yolk you need in breakfast foods, and other dishes.

Quote Originally Posted by theart83;2131098;
    She probably dissed the makeover because it didn't look like the picture at all. Maybe she only wanted it to look exactly like the sketch (which it didn't much, actually) to make sure Tyra gets what she wants. Because let's be honest, if you're on ANTM and you want to win, you don't do what YOU want or think is right to stay, you have to do what TYRA thinks is right or whatever to remain in the competition.
    Or maybe she is really young and into her own look and doesn't get that sometimes you have to do what the "adults" or clients want you to do, or that your "look" is the soul peering out of your eyes, not the color of your hair. I saw AJ repeatedly rebelling against what Tyra & Co., and the other industry people, wanted her to do. Ooooh, a rebel. How about a typical teenager who feels "different" and therefore entitled to follow different rules? I'm not saying everyone should follow the rules without questioning, but honey, when you're inexperienced and industry people are telling you to do something -- incidentally, something that can be changed easily, like hair color -- do it, try it, and then see how you feel.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy;2131293;
    I donít think AJ meant anyone any disrespect. I just donít think that is her way. Like AJ said she had never seen the show. And never even thought about modeling as a possibility for her-self. AJ did not seem to have any real idea how beautiful she is. And seemed perpetually perplexed about why she was there. That was part of the fun of AJ. Seeing her gradually come to the realization that maybe she was one of those exotic, beautiful, glamazon model types.

And like someone said. Maybe she was concerned that her hair did not look like the picture of what Tyra wanted. One thing we learned about AJ is her amazing ability to hear, and understand what they wanted from her in a shoot. And then to give it to them. Plus that something extra. That extra effort. That extra creativity. That you hope for. But didnít really think you would get. The surprise. The dessert.

AJ has a ferocious ability to give of her-self artistically, and emotionally. But that can take a lot out of you. Which I think is part of AJís moodiness. A lot of artist get moody sometimes. That is why it is so important for artist to know how to take good care of them-self. Like I said in my post # 808.

There is a limit to how much you can let your emotions run. Just like there is a limit to how much you can push your muscles before you seriously injure something.

One of the reasons I like great art, literature, and philosophy is it teaches us great truthís about handling lives challenges. From people who have been there. And really know what itís like. Without all the clinical jargon, and psycho babble. Like at the end of the movie ďGone With The WindĒ. After all Scarlet has been through. You think. How can her brain survive any more pain. Then she tells you how. In simple eloquent prose. ď I cant think about it any more. If I do. Iíll go mad. After all tomorrow is another day!

No psychologist, psychiatrist, or other expert could say it better than that. Along with taking care of the basics in my post #808. I think it can be helpful to add a childrenís chewable vitamin with minerals to your diet. With a full glass of water. Once a day. After a meal. When you are under unusual stress. You only want 100% RDA. No more. Avoid mega-vitamins. Flintstones is a good brand. Or adult Centrum. The reason I suggest childrenís chewable is that they may be easer on your stomach. But many people have no problem with adult Centrum. Some times a little extra C is good too. But the best way to get that is a little orange juice. Or some fruit.

Also I think it is good to add a extra hard-boiled egg to your diet several times a week, when you are under stress. As extra insurance that you are getting all your essential amino acids. But donít over do it. And throw the yolk away. You get all the yolk you need in breakfast foods, and other dishes.
    I liked her BECAUSE she was a "glamazon".

Quote Originally Posted by lilally;2131188;
    AJ was on, Good Day, today live.
    What, what, what?! What is Good Day? Damn it, I missed her!
    "It's a little sick and twisted, which is kind of like me." - A.J., America's Next Top Model
    "Oh yeah, I have a nerdy moment in my life everyday." - Jael, America's Next Top Model
    "You are NOT allowed to enter me, but you may hang out with us now through this token from your past." - Adrianne, Celebrity Paranormal Project

I still don't understand why she was eliminated. I mean, they've kept girls on the show because they felt they didn't want it. It seems like A.J. is considering modeling, so perhaps she wanted it to some degree.

What I also don't understand is how they could eliminate A.J. over Jeada. A.J. only had one deplorable photo, whereas Jeada had many. Plus, A.J. is a great walker with a cool sense of style and a good life story. Jeada? Her walk is *decent*, her style is pretty mannish, and her story? Wow, "omg, I was lyke the prettiest girl in school and now I look lyke a boi". Yeah. Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by The Last Soul;2131370;
    What, what, what?! What is Good Day? Damn it, I missed her!
    Yeah, I feel the same way. What the h*ll is Good Day. Dang it!

Quote Originally Posted by Le~SuperRabbit;2131378;
    I still don't understand why she was eliminated. I mean, they've kept girls on the show because they felt they didn't want it. It seems like A.J. is considering modeling, so perhaps she wanted it to some degree.

What I also don't understand is how they could eliminate A.J. over Jeada. A.J. only had one deplorable photo, whereas Jeada had many. Plus, A.J. is a great walker with a cool sense of style and a good life story. Jeada? Her walk is *decent*, her style is pretty mannish, and her story? Wow, "omg, I was lyke the prettiest girl in school and now I look lyke a boi". Yeah. Whatever.
    *sighs*

I would suggest going back and reading some of the previous posts. It's been repeatedly discussed why A.J. was eliminated. I know I've personally tried to explain it a crapload of times. She might still want to model, but she didn't want to be on the show anymore. Just read all her interviews.

It seems stupid that they keep holding on to Jaeda, and for her to stay over A.J. was just kind of like, "OMG WTF?! ". But they couldn't hold onto A.J. when she was so obviously sick of the show and ready to leave. And like I've said in other threads, I do feel that Jaeda and Eugena are still around for political reasons. But yeah, back to A.J. She was eliminated because she wanted to be. Although, she probably would have been eventually eliminated anyway because she's just too damn cool for ANTM.
    "It's a little sick and twisted, which is kind of like me." - A.J., America's Next Top Model
    "Oh yeah, I have a nerdy moment in my life everyday." - Jael, America's Next Top Model
    "You are NOT allowed to enter me, but you may hang out with us now through this token from your past." - Adrianne, Celebrity Paranormal Project

Quote Originally Posted by The Last Soul;2131040;
    You want to know the lyrics to A.J.'s ghetto-ass bongo song?

Well, here's the little bit we actually got to hear from her:

Megg is so cool
    She bounces around
    She got her ghetto-ass bongos
    But she don't frown
    We got a bitch
    Some bitches in this house
    But it's okay

Unfortunately, that's all we got to see from that scene. Damn them for showing so much Melrose vs. Monique crap!
    oh thanks I enjoyed this song..
    Osakini?? It sounds like old-socks-and-bikini (NORELLE)

Quote Originally Posted by greenie227;2131343;
    Or maybe she is really young and into her own look and doesn't get that sometimes you have to do what the "adults" or clients want you to do, or that your "look" is the soul peering out of your eyes, not the color of your hair. I saw AJ repeatedly rebelling against what Tyra & Co., and the other industry people, wanted her to do. Ooooh, a rebel. How about a typical teenager who feels "different" and therefore entitled to follow different rules? I'm not saying everyone should follow the rules without questioning, but honey, when you're inexperienced and industry people are telling you to do something -- incidentally, something that can be changed easily, like hair color -- do it, try it, and then see how you feel.
    Or it could be the fact that because AJ didn't watch the show at all before, she never knew that there were makeovers and was a little shocked or surprised at the prospect of a sudden change in appearance and was like, "Wait! Huh? So I'm getting a sudden makeover? Um...ok?". It probably takes time for the fact that you're changing your appearance to sink in if you weren't aware that you were going to beforehand. I mean that maybe she didn't know anything at all about the show and the makeover so maybe she wasn't prepared to suddenly give a part of her "personality" (haha, Jaeda) but at least she got over it in just a few hours or a day or so instead of repeatedly complaining and droning on and on and on about it (coughJaedacough) like someone said.

When she went in the show, she was probably surprised about a lot of things since it's a totally whole new experience for her and that there were things that she didn't know could have made it harder for her. It makes me even more amazed by her because all the other girls had previously watched the show and had an idea of the things the panel want and how the challenges and photoshoots work and the rest of the show and how they should be, etcetera. However, she was really working from nothing whatsoever apart from instinct. And she was good. She really rocks.

FORT Fan
    they really need to think of better reasons when eliminating people other than the "you dont want it enough" tag. aj wanted to be out of the house so i'll let it go right now, but really that reason is kinda lame. i was reading somewhere else (or was it here, i cant remember sorry), and there was a person who made a really good analogy. like, dozens of people REALLY want to get into harvard or another ivy league uni. and there are big geniuses who also applied along with the mediocre public. the genius has the qualifications (like say bill gates) but doesnt want to go to that school because he wants to skip it or something, however that doesnt mean they will deprive him or her of admission and give it to a less qualified person on the grounds that that person "wants" it more. some of the big models didnt even want to model at the beginning of their career, they were discovered (e.g. natalia vodionova got discovered SELLING FRUITS) aj is an exceptional case, she really has it, though some of the girls want it more than her, she has delivered stronger performances.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-01-2007, 08:04 AM
  2. 03-13-2007, 09:28 PM
  3. 03-13-2007, 07:35 PM
  4. 03-13-2007, 07:15 PM
  5. 03-13-2007, 07:03 PM
  6. 03-13-2007, 05:29 PM
  7. 03-13-2007, 03:28 PM
  8. 03-13-2007, 11:36 AM
  9. 03-04-2007, 07:41 PM
  10. 03-04-2007, 06:38 PM
  11. 02-25-2007, 01:59 PM