Thread: AJ - Cycle 7

Quote Originally Posted by Yummehcookie;2130500;
    AJ seems very..erm..like BigDaddy said a LOT earlier, complex. She sometimes appears to be this punky rocker-y sweet-y nice-y caring-y drop-dead-gorgeous-y chick, but sometimes ( like in the recap ) we see her darker, moodier, deeper side. Like BigDaddy said, I think that it is because she survived cancer, she happens to appreciate the darker things in life. That may explain why she always has her hair dyed black and most of her wardrobe is darker colored.
    I think she is kinda like Caridee, not really caring what other people think of her. F.E: like when Janice commented on her hat, she said something about She doesnt care what Janice said, it's her ha. And she likes it.
    I also believe (again like BigDaddy!!) T___T that she made the judges not like her, and took herself out of the show. What an extremely intelligent girl. SHe knew exactly how to make the judges dislike her, resent her for not being there. I personally think that doesn't make much sense, in the fashion industry, the scouters and agents don't care if you want to be a model or not. They only care if your willing to do it, and if you can rock your runway/shoot. AJ can do both, so I believe that either Elite or Ford Model Management will eventually sign her.
    I agree that A.J. is a very complex person. She has so many different sides to her, it's difficult to really label her as anything. Not that you should label people. But she doesn't exactly fit into one specific category. She definitely can be all those different images you mentioned. She's smart, sensitive, caring, and fun-loving. But she can also be dark, moody, pessimistic, and reclusive. I'm the exact same way, however, she's a much stronger and talented person than I am. But A.J.'s not perfect. She has her faults just like we all do. Of course, being the big fan that I am I don't like to concentrate on her faults. But I do realize she has them.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I do think she eliminated herself from America's Next Top Model. She wanted out and that's exactly what she got. Whether she purposely appeared to have an attitude or not, she knew what she was doing when she realized she was better off without that "modeling" competition. I think her complexity and many sides will prove valuable to her in the real modeling world. She's got so much depth and personality, and so much undeniable beauty and potential. I'd really love to see more from her.
    "It's a little sick and twisted, which is kind of like me." - A.J., America's Next Top Model
    "Oh yeah, I have a nerdy moment in my life everyday." - Jael, America's Next Top Model
    "You are NOT allowed to enter me, but you may hang out with us now through this token from your past." - Adrianne, Celebrity Paranormal Project

Quote Originally Posted by Bibito;2129891;
    well can you post the lyrics here?

I only remembered B!TCHES IN THE HOUSE
    You want to know the lyrics to A.J.'s ghetto-ass bongo song?

Well, here's the little bit we actually got to hear from her:

Megg is so cool
    She bounces around
    She got her ghetto-ass bongos
    But she don't frown
    We got a bitch
    Some bitches in this house
    But it's okay

Unfortunately, that's all we got to see from that scene. Damn them for showing so much Melrose vs. Monique crap!
    "It's a little sick and twisted, which is kind of like me." - A.J., America's Next Top Model
    "Oh yeah, I have a nerdy moment in my life everyday." - Jael, America's Next Top Model
    "You are NOT allowed to enter me, but you may hang out with us now through this token from your past." - Adrianne, Celebrity Paranormal Project

Made by Envy of FORT kurishinigami's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Last Soul;2131036;
    I agree that A.J. is a very complex person. She has so many different sides to her, it's difficult to really label her as anything. Not that you should label people. But she doesn't exactly fit into one specific category. She definitely can be all those different images you mentioned. She's smart, sensitive, caring, and fun-loving. But she can also be dark, moody, pessimistic, and reclusive. I'm the exact same way, however, she's a much stronger and talented person than I am. But A.J.'s not perfect. She has her faults just like we all do. Of course, being the big fan that I am I don't like to concentrate on her faults. But I do realize she has them.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I do think she eliminated herself from America's Next Top Model. She wanted out and that's exactly what she got. Whether she purposely appeared to have an attitude or not, she knew what she was doing when she realized she was better off without that "modeling" competition. I think her complexity and many sides will prove valuable to her in the real modeling world. She's got so much depth and personality, and so much undeniable beauty and potential. I'd really love to see more from her.
    In general people are very complex people you can't just label one person as one thing it's almost sad if they only have one label. People should see other people for who they are and not because of the way they dress or act. I'm guessing people can act in multiple ways and even sometimes it completely out of character but it is hard to gauge other people from the way they act because depending on circumstances it may differ. Normally I am very shy and quiet in real life but on the internet I am as loud and opinionated as anyone else I know in real life. There are these different sides to people is what makes knowing someone a little more difficult.

Hmmm

I guess I'd agree with what you are saying about the "intelligence" behind AJ eliminating herself from the competition, if I hadn't seen some really immature and bratty behavior from her. I hate to harp on it, but dissing Frederick Fekkai? Being a jerk about changing hair color? Yeah, the modelling industry doesn't care if you want to be a model, they care if you can do the job -- but HELLO, arguing about hair color, when the client has chosen the hair color, is a stupid move and incidentally, ISN'T doing the job.

I'm not saying this behavior means she isn't a cool chick with a lot of potential. I guess I follow this board and listen to the rapturous discussions of AJ and think some people are able to dismiss her bratty or off behavior but they wouldn't give the same benefit of the doubt to others on the show.

Everyone has favorites. AJ was one of mine until she dissed Fekkai and showed herself unwilling to commit to certain of the challenges. Some people may see that as "intelligent," I see it as bratty.

Not everybody's complex. Actually most people are rather simple, and live on very simple levels.

I'm about 7 years older than AJ, and I see a lot of myself in her. I think I get her. She's also an only child, like myself, and I think it's played a huge part in shaping her personality.

She is complex. She does have superior intelligence to most people on that show, and I competely understand why she felt so alone.

That said, she is very young and still rather inexperienced, and I think her statements about being so "different" than everybody else come from that. Not that she isn't different. I get her, I know what she means. I think she is a little different. Just not to the extent that she thinks she is.

AJ is basically what who get when you have a person who is highly sensitive, highly intelligent, and I would say somewhat lonely, mixed together.

She's gifted. She'll either become very successful, and do many wonderful things in her life, or she'll blow her brains out.

Quote Originally Posted by kurishinigami;2131059;
    In general people are very complex people you can't just label one person as one thing it's almost sad if they only have one label. People should see other people for who they are and not because of the way they dress or act. I'm guessing people can act in multiple ways and even sometimes it completely out of character but it is hard to gauge other people from the way they act because depending on circumstances it may differ. Normally I am very shy and quiet in real life but on the internet I am as loud and opinionated as anyone else I know in real life. There are these different sides to people is what makes knowing someone a little more difficult.
    Exactly. All people are complex and have different sides to them. Some people just more than others. lol. I guess that's what some of us have been saying, that A.J. seems more complex than your average young woman. She doesn't think of herself as "typical" so I believe she often feels out of place at times. Possibly the "awkwardness" the judges described. Not knowing her personally makes it difficult to say that I really understand her, but from what I saw of her on the show there are some aspects of her personality that I definitely feel I can relate to. Her depression, her moodiness, her confusion - it was interesting to watch a contestant go through all those different emotions and stages. Like I said, she has a lot of depth. All people are complex, but not all people have depth.

Quote Originally Posted by greenie227;2131073;
    I guess I'd agree with what you are saying about the "intelligence" behind AJ eliminating herself from the competition, if I hadn't seen some really immature and bratty behavior from her. I hate to harp on it, but dissing Frederick Fekkai? Being a jerk about changing hair color? Yeah, the modelling industry doesn't care if you want to be a model, they care if you can do the job -- but HELLO, arguing about hair color, when the client has chosen the hair color, is a stupid move and incidentally, ISN'T doing the job.

I'm not saying this behavior means she isn't a cool chick with a lot of potential. I guess I follow this board and listen to the rapturous discussions of AJ and think some people are able to dismiss her bratty or off behavior but they wouldn't give the same benefit of the doubt to others on the show.

Everyone has favorites. AJ was one of mine until she dissed Fekkai and showed herself unwilling to commit to certain of the challenges. Some people may see that as "intelligent," I see it as bratty.
    She probably dissed the makeover because it didn't look like the picture at all. Maybe she only wanted it to look exactly like the sketch (which it didn't much, actually) to make sure Tyra gets what she wants. Because let's be honest, if you're on ANTM and you want to win, you don't do what YOU want or think is right to stay, you have to do what TYRA thinks is right or whatever to remain in the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by theart83;2131098;
    She probably dissed the makeover because it didn't look like the picture at all. Maybe she only wanted it to look exactly like the sketch (which it didn't much, actually) to make sure Tyra gets what she wants. Because let's be honest, if you're on ANTM and you want to win, you don't do what YOU want or think is right to stay, you have to do what TYRA thinks is right or whatever to remain in the competition.
    Yeah, and it wasn't just the hair color (which was reddish brown and NOT what was shown in the drawing), it was the extensions they put in her hair too. She said her hair was already thick, and the extension things just looked big and goofy. They ended up falling out anyway. Besides, Tyra herself complains about her own hair all the time (which is funny because she said Frederic Fekkai is the one who does her hair), so I don't see why it's such a big deal if the girls are a little shocked by their makeovers at first. At least A.J. got over it and worked with it instead of complaining about it all the time.

And theart83 is right, the show is about what TYRA wants. Because Tyra is perfect and knows everything. Having your own opinion and sense of personal style isn't allowed.

Ann Markley: my top model Astridr's Avatar
    Hmm, I see AJ as someone with the complexity of a down to earth person. Sounds ironic but really it takes alot of perception to be grounded the way she is, and perception is itself knowledge. So if ignorance is bliss, AJ doesnt (thankfully) live in that kinda bliss, hence she is more atuned to certain things around her, and on such a superficial show its bound to bug her.
    If she really wants to model , some one would for sure grant her an interview and Im sure in person she would be really likeable... we'd see more of her Im sure.

AJ was on, Good Day, today live.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-01-2007, 09:04 AM
  2. 03-13-2007, 10:28 PM
  3. 03-13-2007, 08:35 PM
  4. 03-13-2007, 08:15 PM
  5. 03-13-2007, 08:03 PM
  6. 03-13-2007, 06:29 PM
  7. 03-13-2007, 04:28 PM
  8. 03-13-2007, 12:36 PM
  9. 03-04-2007, 08:41 PM
  10. 03-04-2007, 07:38 PM