Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Disaster Contestants Of ANTM

Dax

Re: Disaster Contestants Of ANTM

Most of the contestants that had like 9 lives in the show were disasters. I wonder why they kept them over the girls that were actually good.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Dax;2703194;
    Most of the contestants that had like 9 lives in the show were disasters. I wonder why they kept them over the girls that were actually good.
    I totally agree, and I believe there are a number of reasons why subpar girls are kept long enough to transform into the disasters they are.

1. There's the "potential" factor. A lot of the girls who have photographically sucked have been very beautiful, or had certain features the judges were looking for. Whitney, for example, had an ideal body type for a plus sized model--big hips, big waist, not to mention a bright, fun personality that the judges love. They clearly wanted to see better pictures from her because if her photographs had been really good, she would have been an amazing contestant. Similar story with Ann--she had a killer body, great face, great height--had the majority of her pictures been good, she would have probably made the final three.

2. Race politics. As much as I hate it, race does play a factor in ANTM. I'm sure part of it comes from Tyra herself being black. Despite the fact that a lot of us here at FORT would rather see the best models proceed, regardless of race, ANTM has a duty as a widely viewed program to showcase that people of all races are beautiful. If you have 5 black girls, 5 of them going home in the first 5 episodes inadvertently sends the message that black girls can't succeed in fashion, and ergo, that black girls aren't beautiful. I strongly attribute this to Jaeda and Eugena's success on their seasons.

3. Characters. Sometimes the girls who aren't great models are more interesting television personalities to view, and let's face it--as much as we say we'd like the show more if we only had good models...
    Well, in this season, for example, Bianca would be gone. Where would the drama come from? Nowhere. (although in actually, they'd just edit some other girl to be bitchy, but I digress...)
    It doesn't necessarily have to do with the bitch girl, either. Take Natasha staying over Samantha last season, for example. Did Samantha have the model look? Sure. But Natasha, the weird, Russian, mail order bride, with her used car salesman powers and her general craziness? What would Cycle 8 have been without Natasha?

Anyway, those are my two cents.

Saleisha

just look at her covergirl shoot

theres no neck.the eyes where just not there and other stuff

she doesn't look like a model

seriously she have no neck.models need to have long necks like heather.

erg!ok guys look at her commercial,she looked like a man.

Bianca & Saleisha. Both are terrible & have only had 1 good photo each.

Quote Originally Posted by GuruBishisama;2703379;
    I totally agree, and I believe there are a number of reasons why subpar girls are kept long enough to transform into the disasters they are.

1. There's the "potential" factor. A lot of the girls who have photographically sucked have been very beautiful, or had certain features the judges were looking for. Whitney, for example, had an ideal body type for a plus sized model--big hips, big waist, not to mention a bright, fun personality that the judges love. They clearly wanted to see better pictures from her because if her photographs had been really good, she would have been an amazing contestant. Similar story with Ann--she had a killer body, great face, great height--had the majority of her pictures been good, she would have probably made the final three.

2. Race politics. As much as I hate it, race does play a factor in ANTM. I'm sure part of it comes from Tyra herself being black. Despite the fact that a lot of us here at FORT would rather see the best models proceed, regardless of race, ANTM has a duty as a widely viewed program to showcase that people of all races are beautiful. If you have 5 black girls, 5 of them going home in the first 5 episodes inadvertently sends the message that black girls can't succeed in fashion, and ergo, that black girls aren't beautiful. I strongly attribute this to Jaeda and Eugena's success on their seasons.

3. Characters. Sometimes the girls who aren't great models are more interesting television personalities to view, and let's face it--as much as we say we'd like the show more if we only had good models...
    Well, in this season, for example, Bianca would be gone. Where would the drama come from? Nowhere. (although in actually, they'd just edit some other girl to be bitchy, but I digress...)
    It doesn't necessarily have to do with the bitch girl, either. Take Natasha staying over Samantha last season, for example. Did Samantha have the model look? Sure. But Natasha, the weird, Russian, mail order bride, with her used car salesman powers and her general craziness? What would Cycle 8 have been without Natasha?

Anyway, those are my two cents.
    Very well spoken! I agree completely!

I agree as well, thoroughly accurate.
    "It's either s**t or champagne; it's either/or, it's either fantastic or it's not fantastic. You can turn it around any which way you want about having real people and real sizes and shorter and petite and whatever, we just wanna see great, big, gorgeous, tall, thin girls walking down the runway."

-Alex Perry, AusNTM

Cycle 1: No one
    Cycle 2: No one
    Cycle 3: Magdalena
    Cycle 4: Sarah
    Cycle 5: Sara, Bre and Ebony
    Cycle 6: Kathy and Gina
    Cycle 7: Jaeda
    Cycle 8: Whitney, Dionne and Kathleen
    Cycle 9: Saleisha and Bianca

Cycle 1: No One
    Cycle 2: Jenaschia
    Cycle 3: Kelle, Ann
    Cycle 4: No One
    Cycle 5: Jayla, Ebony, Sarah
    Cycle 6: Gina
    Cycle 7: Jaeda
    Cycle 8: Whitney, Kathleen
    Cycle 9: Saleisha
    MY ANTM WINNERS:

1. Shannon | 2. Shandi | 3. Amanda | 4. Kahlen | 5. Nik | 6. Joanie | 7. Melrose | 8. Jaslene | 9. Jenah | 10. Anya

Kelle, Ann, Lluvy, Sarah, Gina, Jaeda, Eugena, Whitney, Ambreal
    Homeless: Fatima Lingerie: Marvita Meat: Lauren Beauty Shot: Stacy Ann Music: Katarzyna Feurzabruta: Fatima Jet Setters: Lauren Commercial: Katarzyna Couture: Domininique Movie Icons: Anya CG Commercial: Anya CG Photo: Whitney

Saleisha is a tragic disaster