Thread: La Cucaracha!

La Cucaracha!

(Wasn't sure where to put this, so I started a new thread. My first! Hope I didn't break any rules! )

A bug for jewelry
    Live cockroaches crawl their way to brooch adornment

By Tamara Ikenberg
    The (Louisville, Ky.) Courier-Journal

Jared Gold, a fashion designer with a dark sense of humor, says he has sold more than 100 of his live Madagascar Hissing Cockroach Brooches ($80). Roaches are becoming accessories elsewhere as well. On a recent "America's Next Top Model," the wannabe catwalkers had to pose with them.

ROACH BROOCH: Lisa D'Amato models clothing and a Madagascar Hissing Cockroach Brooch designed by Jared Gold and available at www.blackchandelier.com. - Photo provided by Black Chandelier

Where to buy

To purchase Jared Gold's products, visit www.blackchandelier.com.

We recently talked with Gold, who didn't sound too terribly freakish over the phone from Salt Lake City.

... more at link ...

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...606010310/1007

doesnt anyone think its kinda cruel to stick gemstones on roaches and ship them around places? i should get peta involved, hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by moxon View Post
    doesnt anyone think its kinda cruel to stick gemstones on roaches and ship them around places? i should get peta involved, hmm.
    Pfft! It's only roaches, the lowest form of any creatures on earth, even lower than rats. I don't think PETA cares about the little bugs, otherwise they should've stop Fear Factors from people eating live bugs! Actually, I think gemstones are the only thing that makes roaches pretty, & more petable-like, and little less of disgustingly nasty, creepy-crawlies... *shudders!*
    Last edited by Lonelyguy82; 06-02-2006 at 10:10 AM.
    Stop the world! I want to get off!

Young and thriving, I feel infinite. Need I say more?

Kao
    Actually, some people keep those Madagascar hissing roaches as pets, so it's not a stretch to sell them with jewels on them. The glue they use doesn't hurt them, and you can pull the jewels off and put others on.

The winner takes it all ANTManonimus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moxon View Post
    Oh yeah, lets all start feeling bad for roaches now. Roaches are very resilient, you know the saying
    "After a nuclear explosion there only be two things left, cockroaches and Cher"
    Girls could wear jeans, cut their hair short, wear shirts and boots, cause it's ok to be a boy, but for a boy to look like a girl is degrading, because YOU think that being a girl is degrading, but secretly you'd love to know what it's like, wouldn't you, what it feels like for a girl.