Page 18 of 282 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868118 ... LastLast

Thread: America's Next Top Model useless facts!

Quote Originally Posted by Celsiso View Post
    I actually do not understand why so many are complaining that Mollie Sue was cut when she was (maybe sheerly out of fandom). If you look at it, Mollie Sue hasn't delivered AT ALL since the show began. I thought she looked the strongest with her original haircut, but hey, she was bald for the first shoot. Her bald shot is decent at the very best. You have to sincerely admit that some of the other ones were much stronger--such as Sara's, Danielle's, Nnenna's, or even Joanie's for that matter.

Her ice-queen make-up was not flattering at all, and despite how much we all love androgeny, the picture just wasn't that great. Compare it to a similar-styled picture such as Sara's, which wasn't even great by itself, but does outshine Mollie Sue's because Mollie Sue was so forgettable. The falling shoot was okay, but compare it to Jade's, Furonda's, and Danielle's--not so great. Her fourth shoot--come on, seriously. She was not memorable at all in that picture; a make-up artist couldn't even be less boring, and her fake hair only make her look weird instead of edgy. And in the commercial she showed almost no effort at the end. I know that she was trying, but that effort didn't translate into the commercial at all. Brooke did quite badly, but the judges saw more potential. Nnenna didn't do quite well, but she has been consistently strong. Jade's features are more edgy than Mollie's, and I think even though we all loved her make-over, the haircut did make her lose some of the shine.

Overall, I really thought that it was Mollie's time to go. Her personality did not show at the panel nor in the pcitures. I really can't think of anyone that was worse than her at that point. I honestly think that it was no twist at all.
    Well said! I extremely agree with you

I actually do not understand why so many are complaining that Mollie Sue was cut when she was (maybe sheerly out of fandom). If you look at it, Mollie Sue hasn't delivered AT ALL since the show began. I thought she looked the strongest with her original haircut, but hey, she was bald for the first shoot. Her bald shot is decent at the very best. You have to sincerely admit that some of the other ones were much stronger--such as Sara's, Danielle's, Nnenna's, or even Joanie's for that matter.

Her ice-queen make-up was not flattering at all, and despite how much we all love androgeny, the picture just wasn't that great. Compare it to a similar-styled picture such as Sara's, which wasn't even great by itself, but does outshine Mollie Sue's because Mollie Sue was so forgettable. The falling shoot was okay, but compare it to Jade's, Furonda's, and Danielle's--not so great. Her fourth shoot--come on, seriously. She was not memorable at all in that picture; a make-up artist couldn't even be less boring, and her fake hair only make her look weird instead of edgy. And in the commercial she showed almost no effort at the end. I know that she was trying, but that effort didn't translate into the commercial at all. Brooke did quite badly, but the judges saw more potential. Nnenna didn't do quite well, but she has been consistently strong. Jade's features are more edgy than Mollie's, and I think even though we all loved her make-over, the haircut did make her lose some of the shine.

Overall, I really thought that it was Mollie's time to go. Her personality did not show at the panel nor in the pcitures. I really can't think of anyone that was worse than her at that point. I honestly think that it was no twist at all.

Agreed as well.
    "I'm not really familiar with prostitute trends" - Elyse

Now that I think about it... Is Cycle 6 the first season with no sorts of nudity whatsoever? Of course, by no nudity I mean no photoshoots that required all contestants to be completely nude or topless (thus, Naima's Envy, Nik's hair extension photoshoot, and other photos like that obviously didn't count). And bikinis/under garments don't really count either...

Cycle 1 - Diamond photoshoot
    Cycle 2 - Eve photoshoot
    Cycle 3 - Lee Jeans photoshoot
    Cycle 4 - Photoshoot after make-overs
    Cycle 5 - Telephone booth with newspapers
    Cycle 6 - none that I recall...
    Last edited by Celsiso; 05-27-2006 at 12:56 AM.

I'm a straight guy! BLaNKoBoRiQuA's Avatar
    Now that I think about it... Is Cycle 6 the first season with no sorts of nudity whatsoever? Of course, by no nudity I mean no photoshoots that required all contestants to be completely nude or topless (thus, Naima's Envy, Nik's hair extension photoshoot, and other photos like that obviously didn't count). And bikinis/under garments don't really count either...

Cycle 1 - Diamond photoshoot
    Cycle 2 - Eve photoshoot
    Cycle 3 - Lee Jeans photoshoot
    Cycle 4 - Photoshoot after make-overs
    Cycle 5 - Telephone booth with newspapers
    Cycle 6 - none that I recall...

the elephant shoot was alittle...nudetastic

How could you forget C2's naked lesbian love scene shoot?
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by roni_brooke View Post
    I know there is info about how the girls dont really go home after they are eliminated, they stay..well is there other stuff that they do? do the also do the photoshoots? what is the info on the DL?

oh and for cycle 6, i heard about the baby phat fashion show and so i closely watched for spoilage on previous contestants--and to my (not really) suprise, when joanie was about to go on- there in the back was sara and jade! it was really blurry, but i was like OMG! does anyone know anymore about secrets about antm like that?
    Jade and Sara were there? Really?! LOL.

Noticed that all the first girl who was eliminated has 'A' in her name?

TessA, Anna, MAgdelena, BritA, Ashley, KAthy

cow
    Quote Originally Posted by psylancer View Post
    Noticed that all the first girl who was eliminated has 'A' in her name?

TessA, Anna, MAgdelena, BritA, Ashley, KAthy
    haha, good catch
    moooooo
    orangepie

And someone find out that before?
    The winner was opposite side of the past winner.

Naima > Nicole and Eva > Danielle
    Last edited by ShrinkingViolet; 05-27-2006 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Race discussion
    "I look over and I see a dude, and I look a little closer and it's Natasha. And I look to my left and I see this woman and it's actually a dude. That was just...confusing!" Renee ANTM8

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale View Post
    Didn't Magdalena, Leah and Julie (C3) participate in the Lee jeans ad?
    Yup they did.. I've seen them pictures really small and blurry (very bad quality) as big as an avatar
    "A group who forms a unit that excludes people on the persuasion that you hate a person [Paloma] is bullying and it's bitchy. Who instigated this [Jordan] is an absolute moron and who took part in it and encouraged it [Anika, Danica, Sophie, Alice] are even bigger morons." - Charlotte Dawson. Amen!