Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ANTM6 Ep. 12 Recap: Banks’s Bangin’ Finale in Bangkok

Great Recap... Thank You! Reading your recaps still remains one of my favorite "guilty pleasures".

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl View Post
    Then, mistaking this pace for Russell Simmons’ “Def Poetry Jam,” Jade rattles off one of the most bizarre farewell speeches I’ve ever heard on ANTM: “Leftover lady, let alone the strongest to be subdued, if I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me, even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.” Look into her eyes, she’s clearly deranged and heading for a meltdown. She giggles madly as she drags her luggage down the hall of the Plaza Athenee, and I foresee a future of her sitting on a street corner back home in NYC years from now, in the exact same get up, leaning up against the same rollaway suitcase, still babbling madly to herself about magic keys and butterflies and how the undiscovered supermodel of the universe never was found. And with a snap of her fingers, she’s gone.
    Now comes the part when the winner screams deliriously with joy and hugs the judges. “We gonna get you some voice lessons, girl,” Tyra says, choosing to flip her homegirl voice on. Geez, Tyra, couldn’t you just let her enjoy this for one moment? ...
    Yeah, Jade's exit was a bizarre type of high-drama performance. But, it cracked me up...... Your comparison of her to Norma Desmond was dead-on, Snowy! My prediction: Jade could very well end up on VH-1's "Surreal Life" or even "Flavor of Love" (Cycle ??) ... There is a place for her, elsewhere, on "reality" TV.

I totally agree with you about Ty Ty and how she acted toward Danielle. I had no problem understanding what Danielle had to say. And, yeah, Ty Ty has come off as a hypocrite, regarding the continued rant she gave about Danielle's speech and accent (and even the snark on Jade and her "Jade-isms"). For example, is "modelly" (sp?) a word? Tyra uses it quite often. Then, she could not seem to even fake some enthusiasm about the girl winning the title. WRT Danielle and La Ty Ty's continuous riding of the girl, I kept shouting, "Bitch!", at the Tyrant on TV while watching the finale. But, I digress...Sorry, folks... (my OWN rant off)

Anyway, thanks, Snowy, for continually giving us these fabulous recaps of ANTM. I find them to be much more entertaining than the show, itself.

Bravo, sister!! You've got skills

Cat

great recap as usual. i really enjoyed it

That was a great recap as usual, I always look foward to them, i'm already gunning for cycle 7.

As for the hypocrisy on the show you definetly hit the nail on the head
    Nice to know, impossible to forget

FORT Newbie
    Thanks for all the great recaps Snowy!

I'm looking forward to next season already!

Nice recaps...read almost all of em! very funny stuff.

I watched this show repeats on VH1 but so far they have only covered three or four cycles of it. does anyone know why, or if they intend to repeat the next few?

I have one comment after reading the last two cycles so cleverly written up here.

There will never be a blonde winner on this show, I guess. Every single winner has been brunette.

Does this not strike anyone as being a bit odd? Especially in this last case, where I looked at the last two contestants and I have to say....that girl who came in second was absolutely gorgeous. It's happened before with Khalen I think her name was...she looked alot better to me than the winner did.

Oh well....maybe one day...

lily

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123