Page 1 of 228 123456789101151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Cycle 6 ***SPOILER*** thread

Nicole Linkletter - Renee england88533's Avatar

Cycle 6 ***SPOILER*** thread

apparently this is the first girl eliminated. Someone at the LJ who got an advaced screening where he works told us this.

<b> WARNING </b> DO NOT HIGHLIGHT IF YOU WANT TO AVOID A SPOILER

apparently the first girl eliminated is
    Click to see Spoiler:
    K a t h y

Quote Originally Posted by england88533 View Post
    apparently this is the first girl eliminated. Someone at the LJ who got an advaced screening where he works told us this.

<b> WARNING </b> DO NOT HIGHLIGHT IF YOU WANT TO AVOID A SPOILER

apparently the first girl eliminated is
    Click to see Spoiler:
    K a t h y
    Hmm. I wonder about that. I wouldn't be completely surprised, but given AMTM history I would have thought that a more commercial-looking, stereotypically pretty girl was first to go.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Kathy
    has such an unusual, distinct look that the judges probably want to give her another chance before sending her home. Ah well, I guess we'll find out tomorrow.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Crystal Allen

Elimination Speech

If this is true, I will bet all four limbs and all major organs that the elimination speech will go something like this:

"You're pretty. But the judges [flip head back and side to side to indicate judging table and pretend judges other than Tyra matter] don't know if you're MODEL material. You've probably been told your whole life [move head horizontally 'homegirl' style] that you SHOULD be a model because of how you look. But being a model is about more than pretty. And we don't know if it's there."

Quote Originally Posted by Six Degrees View Post
    If this is true, I will bet all four limbs and all major organs that the elimination speech will go something like this:

"You're pretty. But the judges [flip head back and side to side to indicate judging table and pretend judges other than Tyra matter] don't know if you're MODEL material. You've probably been told your whole life [move head horizontally 'homegirl' style] that you SHOULD be a model because of how you look. But being a model is about more than pretty. And we don't know if it's there."
    Can I have your limbs and major organs, please? This is definitely the standard first elimination speech, but it doesn't really fit this girl. She's more high fashion than stereotypically pretty (in my opinion) and according to her interview, not even her family thought she had what it takes to be a model.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Crystal Allen

OK, alternate theory.

I just went by her pic. on the UPN site and thought she looked stereotypically 'pretty girl' but not high fashion model. I may not have a good eye for these things.

The other possible elimination speech is something to do with her work ethic or attitude.

Said with FierceTyraGlare[tm] "Being a model isn't just about the way you look. This is a BIZNISS. There are [horizontal homegirl head move] thousands of pretty girls just like all of you out there that want to be models. But this is work. You have no EYE-DEEE-AH how hard I had to work to be sitting here. People told me when I started out that I didn't have what it took, and I proved them wrong, because I WORKED at it. And also....it's about your attitude. It's not just about YOU on that set. It's about being part of a team."

Aww, that's kinda sad. I like her. I can understand why, though. I hope she still pursues modeling.
    "...but this, all pleasures fancies be; If ever any beauty I did see, Which I desired, and got, 'twas but a dream of thee..."

Makes sense. I can see this girl having major trouble with the bald shoot...

I think for the most part everyone felt she would go early. She looked to old to become the ANTM.

loved her face...knew she wouldn't be ANTM
    it'd be sad if she does go home first

We will see but I hope it isn't true