Page 4 of 128 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Photoshoot Ideas Discussion Thread

Four cycles in, and we're still waiting for our belove Greek Goddesses photoshoot. *Taps foot* *Clears throat* Jeezus. Any one of the posters in this thread could so rock as art director.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    I like to see them dressed up as bag ladies, or 19th century street urchins, with sooty eyes and tangled hair. Could have like Chimney girl, Little Matchstick Girl, Tart Girl, Pickpocket girl, Gin Girl.......Factory girl..........
    Ooh...*imagines an orgy of insouciant Eponines*.

CCL
    Bobpickle - I don't think they would do a Peta-type ad - too political.

I like to see them dressed up as bag ladies, or 19th century street urchins, with sooty eyes and tangled hair. Could have like Chimney girl, Little Matchstick Girl, Tart Girl, Pickpocket girl, Gin Girl.......Factory girl..........
    Something kind of like this?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CCL; 03-07-2005 at 08:37 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I like the urchins and our long-awaited goddess idea. No one could make a better Hera than Amanda or Artemis than Ann, though! Antiquity is so popular right now; I don't see why they didn't/won't.

This is unoriginal, but practical: I'd love to see some beautiful, long designer dresses, movement shoot, otherwise uncomplicated. I shall write my other idea later, but...

Quote Originally Posted by -ANTM-
    NO LIVE ANIMALS. Its so unoriginal I think, too obvious.
    If they feel they must use live animals for our entertainment, which I think they do, they should use a less obvious type of animal, like maybe some type of bird (flamingoes, peacocks, even chickens). But in elegant makeup and dress. I maintain that birds are scarier than snakes or spiders, anyway!

And if they have to do something "Fear Factor"-ish, this come to mind. Warning: Some of you may find this overly disgusting. It's just an octopus tentacle draped over a model's face, but I'm making it a link. I mean, I hate it, but at least it's something different. (And the flesh resembles a frilly skirt, no? )

I reckon there should be a photoshoot where the girls can create there own background. Like select there own clothes and backgrounds that express themselves in a way.
    [ all we need is love and peace ] [ ]

They could pose with food. Hamburgers, hotdogs, watermelons, and ribs. A woman who looks good eating is a top model. It should be a shot with them eating. Stuffing a hotdog in their mouth and skirting catchup in their mouth after. I think it would be a great idea. The hot, but also frightening-looking girl with the red fro could play a model version of Ronald McDonald. It would be hot

Love this, Lotus. Is it wrong that is also made me think of perhaps a Jack the Ripper/White Chapel Ladies of the Night shoot?

Lots of other great ideas in here, add me to the list of supporters for a Goddess shoot too.

My idea would be a shoot in the vein of Pre-Raphaelite art, so lots of stylized, flowy, ethereal romanticism, i.e. Rosetti, Waterhouse.

[IMG]images/img/Dante_Gabriel_Rossetti_La_Ghir landata.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]images/img/LadyOfShalott.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]images/img/cowper01b.jpg[/IMG]
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Last season, we were talking about paintings, too. I like the work of Egon Schiele, personally, which would be difficult to imitate (nudes with dark, smuged eye makeup and tormented expressions? )

At least this one's not too stark...

Someone more doable, like a Gainsborough...

I've also always loved the 20s and flapper style!
    Last edited by Salome; 03-08-2005 at 03:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Salome
    If they feel they must use live animals for our entertainment, which I think they do, they should use a less obvious type of animal, like maybe some type of bird (flamingos, peacocks, even chickens). But in elegant makeup and dress. I maintain that birds are scarier than snakes or spiders, anyway!

And if they have to do something "Fear Factor"-ish, this come to mind. Warning: Some of you may find this overly disgusting. It's just an octopus tentacle draped over a model's face, but I'm making it a link. I mean, I hate it, but at least it's something different. (And the flesh resembles a frilly skirt, no? )
    WoW I love the octopus shot and I was stunned basically!

I always wanted ANTM to do an outside photo shoot, something that includes savanna and elephants (if we're talking about animals), white simple dresses (silk). Plain makeup and hair.

Other ideas:
    Dark frame and background, profile shot, bronze, backar, red, yellow or orange earth makeup. The center light is focused on the edgy part of the face.

Cyborg Geisha a.k.a. Madonna's "Nothing Really Matters". Very glossy, painful and isolated look. Very simple clothing with a nice detail or naked shots with huge tattoos on the back or covering partial sides of the body.

Underground lab experiments. Have you all seen En Vogue's video for "Whatever". Very dark, dark green, shadowy, wet, dirty and trashed images. Looking rather awkward than beautiful.

I'll be back with more!
    Last edited by Milay; 03-08-2005 at 04:06 AM.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Weinie
    They could pose with food. Hamburgers, hotdogs, watermelons, and ribs. A woman who looks good eating is a top model. It should be a shot with them eating. Stuffing a hotdog in their mouth and skirting catchup in their mouth after. I think it would be a great idea. The hot, but also frightening-looking girl with the red fro could play a model version of Ronald McDonald. It would be hot
    It would be a good message, that's for sure. Though the Brandy/Ronald McDonald thing is just wrong.

The bottom two are from a French Vogue spread so you know if French Vogue is doing it it must be au courant.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

How about Klimt-inspired? There would be lots of possibilities for wardrobe and makeup to really have a field day with the girls.

[IMG]images/img/Klimt-EmilieFloge.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]images/img/klimt.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]images/img/galerija-klimt_sm.jpg[/IMG]
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.