Page 3 of 128 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Photoshoot Ideas Discussion Thread

Fighting the Good Fight PriorWalter's Avatar
    Classic movie scenes. We'd have Naima in Flashdance. Brandy as Foxy Brown. Rebecca as Carol Anne in Poltergeist. Christina as Bette Davis in All About Eve. Etc.

Kosplay. Well, not really.

I understand the fashion world is full of edgy editorials, but I would really like to see them do some pretty shots this time. Like a fantasy/fairy setting with plenty of other-worldlines but still pretty - mermaids, silly stuff like that.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Fogey
    The fashion world isn't as edgy as Tyra makes it out to be. The shots are usually interesting concepts, but the girls and the clothes aren't that extreme.

This shot is pretty 'edgy' concept but Heather still looks normal.

My dream ideas:
    1) Androgynous photos a la Hannelore. In the fashion industry, being Androgynous and playing it up is common.
    2) Shopping in a European flea market
    3) Storybook characters like the 'Alice in Wonderland' spread
    4) Falling with an Umbrella like Mary Poppins, wearing haute couture and very over the top makeup... in the middle of a dark forest.

NO LIVE ANIMALS. Its so unoriginal I think, too obvious. Lets add edge - hook it up with an animal! I mean in the real fashion industry animals are almost never used because they're expensive and they waste soo much film.

I like to see them dressed up as bag ladies, or 19th century street urchins, with sooty eyes and tangled hair. Could have like Chimney girl, Little Matchstick Girl, Tart Girl, Pickpocket girl, Gin Girl.......Factory girl..........

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    I like the housewives idea- it would definitely be current. The models could be dressed/painted to represent an emotion that housewives feel and they could pose in the background with the "family" up front.

I would like to see the models come up with their own shoot, everyone would use the same piece of furniture, or location and the models have to choose how to pose and what look they were going for.

Hmmm here are some of my photoshoot ideas, most of mine are just tilted versions of other already posted ideas ...

Cabaret/Go Go Waitress Photoshoot

Kind of a twerked housewives photshoot idea, but more high fashion less homely, I see a fierce looking waitress balancing drinks in one hand and i dunno something else in the other. Clothes would probably be like of a retro punk kinda theme, with really out there hairstyles and bold makeup

PETA Anti Fur Photoshoot

An anti fur ad, fur is murder kinda thing, not much here, maybe they could pose with live animals like i dunno something big like a polar bear .... lol although i have never seen a polar bear jacket, that would be very cool. Another bold ad

Black and White Jazz Photoshoot

I see the pinstripe capris, with suspenders, and a tilted feather hat. Its not a black and white picture as much as they should be dressed in black and white. Very Brittany Spears Me against the Music vibe

Elyse looking famous Poor Grace's Avatar
    The fashion world isn't as edgy as Tyra makes it out to be. The shots are usually interesting concepts, but the girls and the clothes aren't that extreme.

I concur. Very rarely do I see photo shoots as theme-y as the C2 and C3 was have been. I would like to see more straight-forward shoots --no tacky make-up, or feathers on the eyelashes, or boas, or rollerskates. Just a dress and some shoes--be much harder to pull off.

I would love to see a wedding dress shoot.

Greek mythology - black and white (portrait shots)!

Quote Originally Posted by Milay
    Greek mythology - black and white (portrait shots)!
    Oooh, I really like that. I could see Naima as Artemis, Tiffany as Athena, Tatiana as Persephone, Lluvy as Hera, Noelle as Demeter, etc etc.
    Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    I like to see them dressed up as bag ladies, or 19th century street urchins, with sooty eyes and tangled hair. Could have like Chimney girl, Little Matchstick Girl, Tart Girl, Pickpocket girl, Gin Girl.......Factory girl..........
    I like this idea and I was thinking just about the same thing. Except I was thinking more along the lines of immigrants just coming over from Ellis Island. The picture wouldn't be in color and it wouldn't be black and white... it would be like sepia... like in photoshop. It could look like an old photograph from the days of Ellis Island immigrants and the models would have to capture the sadness and abandonment that immigrants felt at that time. I can see Lluvy doing well just because of her large puppy dog eyes and because the hat she always wears looks like a hat from back in the day.