Page 15 of 128 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Photoshoot Ideas Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by -ANTM-
    I do read Vogue, W, iD, Numero, (when I can't get my hands on a copy, the lovely people on the internet always scan things ), etc. I haven't seen any editorials lately that looked remotely like any of these. The first photo shoot had nothing to do with couture, the last shot was nothing short of a third rate wall calendar. Most of them weren't even wearing clothes in that shot. The 1-800-Flowers shot did have real clothes and semi respectable styling (barring Brittany) involved, but I don't believe Vogue has ever been into blinding colours that look like a Gap meets Old Navy advertisement and mall girl clothes.
    Yeah, the shoots this season are . I've said before that the show may have taken a budget cut. Next is a "Got Milk" ad. Do they still make those? They need more high fashion, creative shoots.
    "What, sucka?! Do you want me to stab you with this spoon? In yo jugular?"

Fighting the Good Fight PriorWalter's Avatar
    ANTM is not just looking for a high fashion model, so of course all the shoots aren't going to be high fashion. They are looking for someone who can do it all, from runway, to Vogue to Got Milk? ads to Covergirl commercials.
    If you were happy every day of your life you wouldn't be a human being. You'd be a game-show host.

I understand they want versatility, but I still think the shoots this season are some of the cheapest looking and least interesting.
    "What, sucka?! Do you want me to stab you with this spoon? In yo jugular?"

FORT Fogey
    I understnad that they're looking for a Cover Girl and not just a high fashion model, but I mean - so far they haven't relaly done anything in that vein. The last time I checked, respectable models don't pose in tacky calendars standing on faux marble pedestals.

Tyra does them! look at her photos before ellimination each week!

Tyra knows only about Elle and Vogue, which in my opinion have been very bad lately (context-wise). OK, Italian and British Vogue are somehow up there yet but they can't compare to i-D or Numeró.

I remember Ann saying that her agency didn't want her to use the shots from cycle 3, which I completely understand.

Fighting the Good Fight PriorWalter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Milay

I remember Ann saying that her agency didn't want her to use the shots from cycle 3, which I completely understand.

Well, to be honest, that's most likely because of how horrible Ann looked in most of her photos, and not because of the actual photoshoots.

I think it's way too early to judge this cycles shoots. Look at the first three shoots of cycle 2? Those weren't exactly high fashion. The shoots get more high fashion as the numbers of girls dwindles, judging byt previous cycles.
    If you were happy every day of your life you wouldn't be a human being. You'd be a game-show host.

Quote Originally Posted by PriorWalter
    Well, to be honest, that's most likely because of how horrible Ann looked in most of her photos, and not because of the actual photoshoots.

I think it's way too early to judge this cycles shoots. Look at the first three shoots of cycle 2? Those weren't exactly high fashion. The shoots get more high fashion as the numbers of girls dwindles, judging byt previous cycles.
    and each cycle will ultimately build up to a "high fashion" fashion show anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by PriorWalter
    My previous comments weren't based on how horrible Ann's shots were (because they weren't)! Ann did have three shots that the judges proclaimed as "fierce", which could have also been used in Ann's Elite book but weren't. I'm sure that Ann's mother agency is aware of the marketing situation today and they definitely know what they're doing because they're best at it (5 Fashion Week shows says it all). The same comment can be made about Norelle's portfolio (no ANTM photos).
    High fashion is not about looking candy pretty or commercial queen"ish" (as Tyra imagines it to be). The kimono photo shoot was i.m.o. one of the shoots that Ann has succeeded with. The provoking-awkward (minus the phone) look was done perfectly.

Anyhow

My next suggestion for a photo shoot would be:
    Black and white photo shoot (plain make up - 60's hair - black clothing - strange poses).

Let's keep the discussion on new and exciting ideas. The time to discuss whether Ann's shots were fierce is long over. Posts that veer too far into past seasons will be deleted.

Please take the time to read our site rules, and the ANTM forum rules (stickied at the top of the forum) for more information on this subject.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob