Page 12 of 128 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Photoshoot Ideas Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bobpickle
    Hmm ... let me attempt to make sense of my comments

I dont think the photoshoots are over the top as much as I think that they have a lot going on and seem very um ... i dunno how to describe it

(I was considering the topless makeover photo in this comment)

hmm i think both the photoshoots were very manufactured kinda like umm they had a set mold and they just put all the girls in that mould and basically limited their individuality as models. I dunno I guess there are some exceptions

im confused at the moment so i might not be making any sense
    I do agree with the comment made about limiting a model's personality and individuality on the ANTM photo shoots. There's an interview with Brita, where she points out the difficulties while posing on the first photo shoot and basically being put into a single position, where she wasn't allowed to pose differently. :rolleyes
    I'm thinking that there's a lot more involved in "the game" than having an equal chance of winning it.
    Last edited by Milay; 03-21-2005 at 05:13 PM.

Fighting the Good Fight PriorWalter's Avatar
    Well, the models should get used to losing their individuality. Most clients will not what they want, and how they want it, and it's up to the model to work for their vision. So if Nigel told Brita that's how she needed to pose, then she really shouldn't complain. I think ANTM is very realistic in that perspective.

Anyway, my idea for a photoshoot is to have the girls in just some beautiful field, that's it. No cars, no wires, just a beautiful natural setting, so the focus is on the girl. Something like this: http://www.davidshopper.com/fashion/...ag_409x270.gif
    If you were happy every day of your life you wouldn't be a human being. You'd be a game-show host.

Quote Originally Posted by -ANTM-
    Its been done:

http://www.bwgreyscale.com/edits10/daydreams_bwsk04.JPG

and should be repeated!
    I completely love that editorial, and I agree it would definitely be a nice inspiration for an ANTM shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by PriorWalter
    Well, the models should get used to losing their individuality. Most clients will not what they want, and how they want it, and it's up to the model to work for their vision. So if Nigel told Brita that's how she needed to pose, then she really shouldn't complain. I think ANTM is very realistic in that perspective.

Anyway, my idea for a photoshoot is to have the girls in just some beautiful field, that's it. No cars, no wires, just a beautiful natural setting, so the focus is on the girl. Something like this: http://www.davidshopper.com/fashion/...ag_409x270.gif
    Excellent idea! W magazine ran a couple of gorgeous photoshoots of etheral models trapaising through sun-lit fields all throughout this spring. I'd love to see the models in this cycle focus on natural beauty, instead of the painted clown makeup they've had to wear so many time.

I'm so tired of FIERCE... how about focusing on delicate and serene?

Quote Originally Posted by PriorWalter
    (1)Well, the models should get used to losing their individuality. Most clients will not what they want, and how they want it, and it's up to the model to work for their vision. (2)So if Nigel told Brita that's how she needed to pose, then she really shouldn't complain. I think ANTM is very realistic in that perspective.

(1) I definitely don't agree with this. Individuality is something that will get you booked. Individual looks and characteristics will make the employer want to hire you. There are different looks that the clients are going for and if you fit into that scale/vision, what's there to loose? I believe that it all comes down to how a model translates the instructions given, while inspiring the photographer. Nigel said something about Tatiana's ability to move, yes she wasn't given any directions but she moved freely on the set, while Brita wasn't or simply wasn't allowed to move which is a huge disadvantages in comparison to the other contestants! Very unfair (which I stated in my previous post).

(2) There's a difference between limiting the models' potential of putting an individual touch to the "first" photo shoot and only limiting one model's chances to express herself on the most important shoot, in a context(surroundings and clothes/makeup) desired by the photographer.

Although I wasn't surprised over Brita's elimination (the same face expressions plus the mouth thing), I believe that she should have been given a chance of posing differently.

FORT Newbie
    I think is would be cool to do a wild west photo shoot. Or outlaws from the west..Jesse James or Butch Cassidy.

Fighting the Good Fight PriorWalter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Milay
    (1) I definitely don't agree with this. Individuality is something that will get you booked. Individual looks and characteristics will make the employer want to hire you. There are different looks that the clients are going for and if you fit into that scale/vision, what's there to loose?
    I agree with that. I was referring to the actual photoshoots. And I should clarify what I meant. I'm sure Brita was frustrated with her not being allowed to do all of the poses she would have liked, but that's something that she needs to get used to. Some photographers and designers already have a strong idea of what they want when they shoot, and sometimes, even if it frustrates them. they need to give them what they want.
    If you were happy every day of your life you wouldn't be a human being. You'd be a game-show host.

Hmm as for individuality as a model ... i think its a good thing ... a very good thing ... some people have actually started their modelling career due to their interesting look ... however this is mostly runway modelling I dunno if it differs for photoshoots and stuff

I'm so tired of FIERCE... how about focusing on delicate and serene?
    I agree, there would be a mix of the two. No more FIERCE CLOWNS ON ROLLER BLADES! please. :rolleyes

Silent Lover To All TymeMarteen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer
    I agree, there would be a mix of the two. No more FIERCE CLOWNS ON ROLLER BLADES! please. :rolleyes
    I am fine with the fierce motif, just no clowns on skates. no clowns at all! please. tyra is making antm into fear factor more than a modeling competition. wat's next, pose with a rabid coyote who hasn't eaten in about 2 weeks. good luck girls!