Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Wendy - Cycle 6

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by BaDDGiRL View Post
    she looks Hindi/indian/punjab
    Well she's not. This girl is african american. There are alot of creole black people in New Orleans and various cities down south. Creole is black and french. She 100 percent resembles that. Black people know other black people no matter how light or how different their features seem compared to the norm. I really like Wendy. I find her very beautiful and her nose doesnt look that "different" on tv as it does in the pre show pic.

Despite what Tyra said I do think part of her making the cut was because of her life story. She's pretty but definatly not "Top Model" enough

I liked Wendy's picture i liked the sadness and from my view i was one of the best.

Jaslene/Felicia-Mollie<3 Cath31's Avatar
    I really liked her when she was in the audition and I feel really sad for her for the hurricane Katrina but I like the fact that Tyra said that she really thought she'd be a great model and didn't put her on the show because of her past...

Wendy has potential!

www.PonandZi.com phantasmogoria's Avatar
    I feel so bad about her losing everything to Hurricane Katrina... I actually got a bit teary eyed when she started telling her story. But to me she didn't look good during the premier. I hope the makeover improves her look because she has a LOT of potential.

stuck in reality Asylum-ECT-girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by caramelbeauty81 View Post
    Well she's not. This girl is african american. There are alot of creole black people in New Orleans and various cities down south. Creole is black and french. She 100 percent resembles that. Black people know other black people no matter how light or how different their features seem compared to the norm. I really like Wendy. I find her very beautiful and her nose doesnt look that "different" on tv as it does in the pre show pic.
    Yes she is African American--she is Creole coming from New Orleans. There is a long history of racial mixing from slavery days which resulted in phenotypes that resemble Wendy. Creole is just a culture they claim. Its too bad biology and world geography is not taught (properly) in our public schools. Maybe outer differences would not be such a big deal to people.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle7107 View Post
    Despite what Tyra said I do think part of her making the cut was because of her life story. She's pretty but definatly not "Top Model" enough
    I believe they all (girls) had a sad story. So I gotta go with Tyra.

I don't think her sad story was the sole reason she was picked, but I do think it helped her cause.

She's a pretty girl but she looks like a catalogue model and definitely not high fashion at all. I can see her doing ads for Kmart, Sears, and JCpenney's, there's nothing wrong with that but I doubt she'll win.