Page 8 of 148 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Sara - Cycle 6

I think she needs an edgy makeover...she's a sweet heart but she's forgettable....I suggest for her a Meg Ryan pixie cut for her makeover..that will be gorgeous on her...like this

You had me at lips...

She has a very unique mouth - I don't think I have seen one quite like that. But unlike brooke, hers is very attractive - I will be interested though to see how she is able to work it. Her height makes her very unique. Pre show she has some very good shots - I think her polaroid actually looks very high fashion/edgy and some bad ones (the pyramid shot is heinous). I hope she makes it a few rounds because she seems to be one that will take a few bad photos and them come into a revelation and start taking good ones. If she makes it past the first two eliminations I think she will go to final four/five. PLEASE BE ABLE TO WALK! Also About height I bet she is 6'2" Athletics may bump her up an inch to be more intimidating (tallest in the league or some such) Modeling will bump her down. Shoot for the middle, I say.

She's one of my pre-show favs! It'll be interesting to see how she photographs on the show!
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

Quote Originally Posted by roni_brooke View Post
    she reminds me of those burberry models. she will go far AND hopefully get some weave!
    Nah, kari reminds me of burberry.

I've changed my mind about her, she won't go far. Sorry :/

Quote Originally Posted by viv_smi98 View Post
    It says she's 6'1. Perhaps the school stats are wrong, they probably had a whole different way of measuring, maybe even with shoes on.
    The UPN website has been known the give the wrong measurement though. and its been known for agencies to give models a lower height if they were too tall just like they would add an inch to models that are too short. If she's 6'1 though than there still might be a chance of her winning and of her actually modeling but if she's 6'3' there's absolutely no chance in hell anyone would want to book her, not even for a fashion show. There is something called being too tall and its even worse than being too short. If I had to choose between a girl that is 5'8 and a girl that is 6'3 I'll pick the girl that is 5'8. There are reasons why a male model can't be over 6'2 (they make exceptions sometimes for a 6'3 model but that's the maximum height they can be), it's because designers don't want them to tower the female models.

FORT Fogey
    There is one thing I can say without a shadow of a doubt---she will NOT be the winner. I think she is the least attractive girl in the show. Height is only one factor in becoming a model.

Quote Originally Posted by GlitterGabi View Post
    Isnt Tiiu Kuik 6'? ohh.. But then shes an exception, gotcha!
    Tiiu is more like 6'1", you can tell. Look at her compared to models on the runway.

Hana Soukupova is 6'1" as well. Let's NOT forget about Michelle Buswell, she's a little over 6'1" too and look how much work she've gotten!

Now she's TALL; & beautiful! Alot of designers have even refused to allow her to wear heels on their runways!

From FashionFile:
    At just under 6’2” Michelle Buswell is a tall model; She is almost too tall by some agencies’ standards, especially when most of the girls ruling the catwalks are 5’9”. But one agency took risk on this blonde surfin’ Florida native and it has paid off.

Quote Originally Posted by phantasmogoria View Post
    Actually, you can be too tall in runway modeling. The clothes girls on shows wear are usually made for 5'10" to 5'11" girls. 5'11.5" at the most. Girls that are too tall will have shortened sleeves and skirts that are too short. They make height exceptions with models who already made a name for themselves, but Sara's just starting out. I think she should go into photographic modeling first because I think she's too tall for the runway. With photographic modeling there's less emphansis on height. She could make a name for herself. But runway is another thing.
    That's what I was trying to say but no one listens...

Quote Originally Posted by ko0la1d
    Then that's almost as bad as having a 5'4" girl! Sara's body won't be able to fit garments if she truly is 6'3". Imagine her on the runway, the sleeves would be short, the skirt will be high! Not to mention the stilts she'll have to wear, that'll make her 6'5 or so. Hopefully she doesn't have an awkwardness on the runway like Sarah (C5) did.

I always thought being taller than most girls would be an advantage. But in photos it's an advantage I guess, having really long limbs. But on runway, the problem's just the clothes I suppose. But surely they'll have clothes specially for Sara like clothes for a plus-sized girl on the runway?

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacs4Life View Post
    I always thought being taller than most girls would be an advantage. But in photos it's an advantage I guess, having really long limbs. But on runway, the problem's just the clothes I suppose. But surely they'll have clothes specially for Sara like clothes for a plus-sized girl on the runway?
    Uh... no. If she wants to make a name for herself, she's got to get cast in a designer show (with regular clothes), and it all depends on whether the designer likes her or not and is willing to take the risk in using her to promote his clothes. Designer clothes is NOT specifically for models, they're specifically for the client! In other words, think of models as walking mannequins. This industry is all about exploitation. And so far, I don't know any line for tall women so Sarah should go more Couture in her career (since Couture takes alot of risks!).

Height is only one aspect to modeling. Why do you think there are short top models out there? She's got to have the whole package. So far from what I've seen, Sara is fairly mediocre but I guess that's because she doesn't have any experience. Overall, she's definitely potential photographic-wise, because in all honesty, she doesn't look 6'3" in photos. I'm scared for her when she goes out to castings.

I'm still rooting for her!