Page 17 of 148 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Sara - Cycle 6

Quote Originally Posted by explodethisbody View Post
    As far as the doppleganger thing goes...
    1) She doesn't actually look very much like Scarlett Johanssen at all.
    2) Ever hear of a girl named Gemma Ward? Ever hear of a girl (who is even with the *same agency*) named Sasha Pivovarova?

But Sara's look is soooo boring and common. Every time I look at her I feel like I've seen her face a thousand times, even though she doesn't necessarily look like anyone else. And her face is just so awkward-looking too. I don't understand at all why anyone likes her so much.
    Totally agree. Her face is very un-modelesque and awkward. I guarantee that anyone who knows what real working models look like would think so. When Tyra said her pic was one of the best in the history of top model I thought my ears weren't working properly.

Well they're not looking for the next Gemma Ward. I think that's pretty clear by now. Very few of the contestants, and none of the winners thus far, has looked like any of the current crop of models. They've all been way too healthy, wholesome, older, and on the shorter side. If that's what the show was looking for they would have to go to the depths of Slovenia or somewhere and ask around for unusually tall 14 year-olds. And I don't think they want to be bothered with angry parents tagging along. They're making a TV show foremost. So I think Sara's look is fine, her photo was amazing. She's definitely one of the best this show has ever had.

CCL
    I don't like the hairstyle they gave her at all. Well, at the judging it seemed a bit better (it was down a bit more), but I still think it was the wrong choice. She seemed more hesitant last night, and she made some comments which make me think she might not be willing to do "everything/anything" to win {ie when she commented that she would never wear the hotpants outside (just the way she said it) and that her boyfriend was really conservative (meaning she is probably towards the conservative side as well)}. Might have just been the post-makeover blues, though. Guess we'll see.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

stuck in reality Asylum-ECT-girl's Avatar
    Sara really turned me off of her last night with all of the complaining about her hair. I really thought the comment about her going to Republican function's with her boyfriend showed that she wouldn't fit into the world of modeling. If she is afraid to step outside of her comfort zone (cute, conservative, blonde) world, she will not be happy to be in this industry.

She is like a duck out of water in the fashion world; and if you don't want to be there and adhere to their rules, then there are plenty of other girls who will take your place. She will get the "you don't seem like you want to be here" elimination speech. But, she may just need to get use to the world of modeling and transform into it. Though, she does remind me of Rebecca--who was eliminated.

I personally thought Sara's picture last night was far better than her picture last week. I actually saw some modeling potential in that pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Asylum-ECT-girl View Post
    Sara really turned me off of her last night with all of the complaining about her hair. I really thought the comment about her going to Republican function's with her boyfriend showed that she wouldn't fit into the world of modeling. If she is afraid to step outside of her comfort zone (cute, conservative, blonde) world, she will not be happy to be in this industry.

She is like a duck out of water in the fashion world; and if you don't want to be there and adhere to their rules, then there are plenty of other girls who will take your place. She will get the "you don't seem like you want to be here" elimination speech. But, she may just need to get use to the world of modeling and transform into it. Though, she does remind me of Rebecca--who was eliminated.
    Me too! She was one of my favorites beforehand, but she really got on my nerves. Her hair wasn't very long before and it grows back. It's not like she's going to her conservative dinner parties anytime soon. She looked like a total sourpuss in all of her photos this week.

Is it just me, or does Sara look like Posh Spice in her post-makeover photo... X3

FORT Regular
    Hated that look on her and I think it is going to hold her back--her confidence is way down. Darn-she had potential.

Sara's hair is hideous on her. Before I couldn't take my eyes off her, now it's just very
    "Jade just needs to get laid. " - Nigel Barker

FORT Fogey
    Luckily for her, she still took an amazing photo last night but I dont blame her AT ALL for complaining about her hair. Usually it does annoy me when the girl's do but seriously guys what the heck did Tyra do to her? Ewwwwww. As soon as you see the back, you dont even know what to think. I just had ???????? in my mind. Just really confused by the hairstyle is what im tryin to say. I just dont get why Tyra ruins these girls hair when their is extensions and wigs to achieve a certain look anyway.