Thread: Sara - Cycle 6

Re: Sara - Cycle 6

Quote Originally Posted by MissT;2539471;
    Sara, and her story are proof that ANTM needs to find out of these girls really WANT to model. Height and pretty alone does not a model make.
    I think Sara did want to model (at least after the first episode), and even after cycle 6 was over. It was only when Sara saw what I guess could be called the "dark side" of the model lifestyle (pressure by some employers to lose weight,offers of illicit drugs to lose weight,lack of job security etc.) that Sara got turned off by the modeling industry. I thought it was very telling when 1: Elite told Sara that she weighed too much and told her to become skinnier(I guess there are people like Nigel who run Elite who would think that Sara has too much muscle to be a model. Remember how Nigel at one point said that "Sara looks like a jock". Personally I think Nigel is all wet. In cojunction with what Nigel said and what Sara said in the Fox News interview about Elite; I noticed on Sara`s myspace that there were offers by people she knew to buy drugs to lose weight. You do the math on all this evidence I can see why Sara quit under the circumstances. I would imagine that the drug offers and lack of job security were the greatest turnoffs to Sara. Sara must have been unaware of the severity of this "darkside" of modeling during cycle 6 and when she first went to work @ Elite.
    Quote Originally Posted by TunaFests;2539545;
    22 on the show, and she sure wasn't ugly
    You got that right. Sara IMO is the most beautiful ANTM woman I have ever seen.. Physically Sara has no flaws. Sara is a 10!
    "New World Order" is an oxymoron. I miss Sara(C6). I miss Lauren(C10).

avy by martinique ANTM Mega Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by amazonophile;2540235;
    I think Sara did want to model (at least after the first episode), and even after cycle 6 was over. It was only when Sara saw what I guess could be called the "dark side" of the model lifestyle (pressure by some employers to lose weight,offers of illicit drugs to lose weight,lack of job security etc.) that Sara got turned off by the modeling industry. I thought it was very telling when 1: Elite told Sara that she weighed too much and told her to become skinnier(I guess there are people like Nigel who run Elite who would think that Sara has too much muscle to be a model. Remember how Nigel at one point said that "Sara looks like a jock". Personally I think Nigel is all wet. In cojunction with what Nigel said and what Sara said in the Fox News interview about Elite; I noticed on Sara`s myspace that there were offers by people she knew to buy drugs to lose weight. You do the math on all this evidence I can see why Sara quit under the circumstances. I would imagine that the drug offers and lack of job security were the greatest turnoffs to Sara. Sara must have been unaware of the severity of this "darkside" of modeling during cycle 6 and when she first went to work @ Elite.
    Being a model, you have to take that on. Actually, no matter what career one chooses to pursue, there is always going to be somewhat of a "dark side", but if they really want it, they just keep on pushing forward. Sara's decision proves to me that her passion for the industry, as well as her ability to learn and adapt to new situations, is limited, and would ultimately be her downfall in modeling, even if she hadn't quit.

I do think Sara is a beautiful woman, but; I think she's probably much happier not modeling. I suspect she'll get married to a conservative senator, have a few children, move to the suburbs, buy expensive toilet paper, and be a soccermom/trophy wife. Nothing wrong with that, I think she just prefers to be...average.
    Last edited by ANTM Mega Fan; 08-22-2007 at 09:27 PM.
    "What it do, Shawty?"-Natasha Galkina

I can imagine why Sara was turned off to drug offers and such when she was still a model. Even if you want to be a model, being surrounded by smoking and drugs and things like that is horrible. I did want to be a model, but not anymore, just because of those things.

FORT Fogey

Are you sure those "drug offers" on her MySpace weren't just bots that had latched onto unsuspecting MySpace accounts and were sending out spam comments? I used to get those all the time from some of my closest friends. Messages about male enhancement and weight loss products and such.

I think every path you choose has its ups and downs (as pointed out by ANTM_mega_fan), you just have to decide for yourself if the upsides are so good that they cancel out the downsides. If Sara truly had passion I think she would have still modelled, I mean she has shown that if she set her mind to something she accomplishes it. She obtained a college degree and played volleyball; both of those things recquire determination.

I think I read she quit because she felt like she wasn't unique, a clinet could always get another model; I can totally understand this. As for her wanting to model or not, I guess we can never know, but my opinion is that she was on the show to see if it was something for her. She tried, she didn't like it so she quit...

"aswirl with astiffness"

lol, best quote ever

Sara - Cycle 6( an ANTM accident or tragic conspiracy victim)?

Quote Originally Posted by amazonophile;2663339;
    When contestants are scouted (such as Sara(C6)), who are the casting agents and do they work directly for Tyra or the network? and speaking of Sara(C6): Did the casting agents at the mall follow the instructions they were given when they went to the mall and chose Sara (a woman who is tall,full lipped intelligent and athletic) or did the casting agents who chose Sara "walk off the reservation" so to speak(fail to follow instructions),(which of course would make Sara(C6) an accident) and if that is the case what were the original instructions given to the casting agents when they went to the mall just before cycle 6 to pick a contestant? What was the real reason for eliminating Sarah(C9) and what did Nigel say to Sarah(C9)off camera ?
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoron;2663687;
    I don't think the casting agents were looking for a specific type of person, I think they were just looking for a tall, modelesque-looking girl who had potential and could do well in a show like ANTM. I highly doubt that they had a specific frame to fill (Give me a 5'10.5 Brunette with curly hair and green eyes, wearing a red shirt and dark jeans and flats.)
    Then why in the first episode of cycle 6 did Tyra tell Sara “you are probably too tall to model. There are only a few professional models who are 6` 1” tall. “ ? Obviously if Tyra is correct about Sara`s height then either the casting agents who picked Sara at the mall did not follow instructions or were intentionally instructed to pick a contestant who was to tall to model.

FORT Fogey

Re: Sara - Cycle 6( an ANTM accident or tragic conspiracy victim)?

Quote Originally Posted by amazonophile;2670942;
    Then why in the first episode of cycle 6 did Tyra tell Sara “you are probably too tall to model. There are only a few professional models who are 6` 1” tall. “ ? Obviously if Tyra is correct about Sara`s height then either the casting agents who picked Sara at the mall did not follow instructions or were intentionally instructed to pick a contestant who was to tall to model.
    I don't think it was a matter of the agents not following directions or deliberately choosing somebody who was too tall. It wasn't sabotage or anything. I think maybe they were just told to scout girls who had they thought had potential who looked at least 5'7". With Sara's height (and her face, IMO) she most definitely would stand out from your average crowd of American women in a mall. And there are models above 6'0", they just tend to be rare. Like shorter models, you need that extra something to distract from your height at times.

I just can't imagine this dialogue happening.

"HEY! Would you like to try out for America's Next Top Model? How tall are you?"
    "6'1"
    "Oh nevermind."

Quote Originally Posted by Wiest;2671347;
    I don't think it was a matter of the agents not following directions or deliberately choosing somebody who was too tall. It wasn't sabotage or anything. I think maybe they were just told to scout girls who had they thought had potential who looked at least 5'7". With Sara's height (and her face, IMO) she most definitely would stand out from your average crowd of American women in a mall. And there are models above 6'0", they just tend to be rare. Like shorter models, you need that extra something to distract from your height at times.

I just can't imagine this dialogue happening.

"HEY! Would you like to try out for America's Next Top Model? How tall are you?"
    "6'1"
    "Oh nevermind."
    Well I don`t think it would happen quite like that . At any rate I don`t think it would be necessary . After all if Tyra can just by eyeballing Sara and then say " You are too tall to be a model coudn`t the casting agents do the same and without even having to say a word to Sara just not approach her in the first place and go on to someone else? . I still think that Sara`s ANTM career does not make sense without factoring in the possibliity of either accident or conspiracy. BTW as what I believe is added evidence I discovered a very intresting fact about Sara on IMDB. Check this out: "America's Next Top Model" (2003) - Trivia In Cycle 6, after the "Falling Fairy-Tales" shoot, contestant Sara Albert had to go the emergency room because she had injured her back. Subsequently, she had to see a chiropractor regularly. It seems to me this throws a whole new dimension on Sara`s elimination. Does it not make sense that Sara`s back injury could have created posing issues near the end of cycle6? (especially in the scene where she was being dangled above the water and on the elephant). Why did they edit Sara`s trip to the emergency room. It makes no sense to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaase;1839988;

How could u not look at this girl and think " oh she must be a model"
    I agree with you Blaase and I will add to what you said about this beautiful glamourous amazon. ( BTW where do you think the word " glamazon comes from? ), I have been watching ANTM ever since C6 and IMO no other contestant from the last three cycles can hold a candle to Sara(certainly in beauty and personality) even my other ANTM favs such as Mollie Sue(C6) ,Ebony(C9), Sarah(C9), Victoria(C9) and Leslie(C6) are at best a distant second to Sara.
    Last edited by amazonophile; 11-29-2007 at 09:43 PM. Reason: boldface correction

BTW I got to thinking:Tyra+Gang of Four must behaving nightmares over the prospect of Sara getting a law degree ( especially if she becomes a personal injury lawyer aka "ambulance chaser"). After that interview with Fox News(right after she quit Elite), and now that we learn that Sara herself was hurt at ANTM. Connect the dots on that one and you will see why I think Sara could become Tyra`s worst nightmare.