Thread: Sara - Cycle 6

Re: Sara - Cycle 6

Quote Originally Posted by LedZepForever;2448432;
    The majority of the work she got was test shots, but you have to start somewhere, and the test shots were fierce!
    I also believe she did some runway and improved her walk a lot
    She wasn't a huge model, but she's still probably cycle 6's most successful next to Mollie
    Test shots are not work. They're for her book and I don't believe the model gets paid.

ETA: She's did one hair show and a show for Jared Gold (the latter I think was specifically ANTM-related as she, Joanie, and Lisa led some workshop beforehand).

Both Jade and Leslie have had more success than Sara. Just getting signed to an agency like Elite doesn't mean anything if you can't get the work. It's just getting one's foot in the door (which, yes, is more than what most of the ANTMers get), but again isn't much of an accomplishment if it doesn't lead to consistent work.
    Last edited by jasmar; 06-22-2007 at 04:28 PM.

Sara would've done well if she actually knew how to model. even in her test shots she still had issues. she was my favorite of cycle 6 next to danielle and nnenna but she really couldn't perform. i think it's a confidence thing and she quit before she actually improved. she complained about not getting jobs but gee there had to be a reason, and it wasn't her looks.

Team SaraaNicolelReneea. snowyan's Avatar

ooh my god , i miss her so much
    I should keep my mouth shut .

sorry i know this is old but i guess im just a fan.
    so...
    have yall seen this before?

i saw this on keenyahs myspace
    it says " HOUSE OF DEReoN @ TYRA SHOW"

ok for some reason i cant post a link

if you want to see it just pm me and ill give it to you.
    missing SARA (C6)

i know what picture youre talking about and its quite old

Quote Originally Posted by TunaFests;2448609;
    Sara would've done well if she actually knew how to model. even in her test shots she still had issues. she was my favorite of cycle 6 next to danielle and nnenna but she really couldn't perform. i think it's a confidence thing and she quit before she actually improved. she complained about not getting jobs but gee there had to be a reason, and it wasn't her looks.
    and she was old...and ugly
    Top Models, Clear It Out~

Why Sara no longer models

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut Oil;2511266;
    Sara ugly? No way. Sara could be considered a modern day version of Marilyn Monroe. The reason why Sara no longer models is best found in these two articles: Sara - Cycle 6 (scroll down to post 1272)
    Quote Originally Posted by Washington Post article
    Worn Out on the Runway
    By Amy Argetsinger and Roxanne Roberts
    Friday, January 19, 2007; C03
    Sara Albert, the D.C. policy wonk who found whirlwind fame and an unexpected new career via "America's Next Top Model" last year, has fled the shallow rat race of L.A.'s actress/model scene for the calmer pace and down-home values of . . . uh, well, anyway, she's moved back to Washington.
    "My life's in D.C.," she told us. "Modeling wasn't enough for me."
    The '05 Georgetown grad, who was discovered by casting agents at Fashion Centre at Pentagon City, nearly won the Tyra Banks reality show (one gushing judge called the volleyball player a "6-foot-1 Scarlett Johansson!"). It inspired her to quit her research job at Advisory Board Co. last spring and pack her bags for L.A., where she signed with Elite and dyed her naturally blond tresses a dramatic chocolate brown.
    She had fun and found work but was worn down by the long hours, wearying travel and endless auditions. "It's a really difficult industry," she said. "Every other person you talk to is an aspiring actress or model. It's a very saturated market. You feel replaceable. I don't want to feel like in my career that I'm replaceable -- I want to feel like I can be loyal to an organization and it will be loyal to me."
    Sound like a job hunter? Albert starts a temp job this week as a legal assistant for a lobbying association, but she's still floating the résumé. Meanwhile, she's thrilled to be back with boyfriend John Hallmark (a Hill staffer and fellow Hoya) -- and back to being a blonde.
    "The whole being-in-L.A., being-a-brunette thing -- it's not who I really am."
    What this article shows is that the way in which the modeling industry is run probably made Sara feel very alienated (Sara does not want to feel like a number) and probably missed family and friends(not unlike many other ANTM contestants). Personally(and I have to admit this is my opinion),that Sara made a mistake by quitting because yeah the modeling industry may have made her feel replaceable but so will [B] any other employer in today`s downsized ,globalized economy. I think that what Sara may have failed to realize is that no employer in today`s economy will make an employee in a globalized economy of 6 billion people feel irreplaceable. Notice that Sara said she works for a temp agency. Sara will be every bit as replaceable at the temp agency as she was at Elite. The other reson is in this article: FOXNews.com - N.Y. Lawmaker Calls for Ban on Too-Thin Models - John Gibson | Judge Napolitano | John Gibson | Big Story Weekend Sara - Cycle 6 (scroll down to post 1319 ) I think that among other things that Sara was a woman on a mission to change the world of modeling from within to move the world of modeling away fromthe hyperskinny modern standards toward a more glamazonish look. (in fact in the first episode of cycle 6 Sara called herself a glamazon), but I think that Sara did not realize the enormous resistance that her employers would put up to one of their own employees telling them how to run their own business . IMO Sara quit when it became apparent that she could not single-handedly change the modeling business.
    "New World Order" is an oxymoron. I miss Sara(C6). I miss Lauren(C10).

Sara probably quit because she never got any jobs.

Sara, and her story are proof that ANTM needs to find out of these girls really WANT to model. Height and pretty alone does not a model make.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut Oil;2511266;
    22 on the show, and she sure wasn't ugly