Thread: Sara - Cycle 6

Re: Sara - Cycle 6

There are so many successful were discovered in a public location.
    Sadly,Sara didn't continue doing modeling.
    Last edited by moonDon; 06-19-2007 at 12:47 AM.
    Dominique:If you want something that bad,when it is your turn to come up there and do what you gotta do,you'd better make sure you gave it at all.

You just cán't scout a model in the mall for the winner. Just as with normal agencies, they scout girls on the street, and then TEST them. They must find out whether the girl is photogenic, can model, etc. You cán scout a girl to be a contestant, and that's what they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Toeps;2444994;
    You just cán't scout a model in the mall for the winner. Just as with normal agencies, they scout girls on the street, and then TEST them. They must find out whether the girl is photogenic, can model, etc. You cán scout a girl to be a contestant, and that's what they did.
    Very well said! As mentioned, several girls have been scouted for the show (Julie, Kahlen, AJ, Megg, Jael and there are probably a bunch of others) but it doesn't mean that it was intended for them to win.

I'm sure that the recruiters were ecstatic to find such a tall and pretty girl as Sara and had she, to be frank, been more talented she could have won. However, just the fact that she was recruited doesn't mean she was pre-selected as the winner. Elite tried to make her into a model and it didn't work out. I think she did okay on the show and I like several of her test shots, but the talent isn't there. Otherwise, she would have been more successful as a model after the show like Kim or Ann (both of whom did quite poorly on the show).

Just my two cents.

FORT Fogey

I thought kim was ok on the show, you make it sound as if she was kelee status

Kim did poorly on the show .... lol

Back to Sara, I agree with everyone's opinions. Sara did need more modeling experience, but with more time I do believe that she will make it in the industry. She has the catwalk body to make it in that department.

The reason why Sara is not a successful model is due to personal decisions
    While she was trying to model, she got lots of work
    Most of any cycle 6 girl besides Mollie Sue
    Her walk improved and she took beautiful photographs
    At the height of her success, she quit modeling for personal reasons
    Anyway, she still performed fairly well on the show
    I mean, the only shoots she didn't do well in were the crappy ones like the krumping/fairy tale/doll
    She still took many great photos and her physical appearance is undeniable
    I miss AJ!!
    "Immerse your soul in love"-Radiohead

I thought all Sara did was mostly take a bunch of test shots not actually modeling jobs. I probably need to go back to through this thread to make sure.
    “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”- Albert Einstein

Another thing about Sara, during her cycle IMO it was like a joke that she found at a mall. A lot of top models ( Lily Cole, Naomi Campbell, Selita Ebanks, Tori Praver to name a few) were found by scouts at the most unconventional places. Sara shouldn't have that held against her.
    “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by My My My;2445271;
    Elite tried to make her into a model and it didn't work out. Just my two cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by LedZepForever;2445562;
    The reason why Sara is not a successful model is due to personal decisions
    While she was trying to model, she got lots of work
    Most of any cycle 6 girl besides Mollie Sue
    Her walk improved and she took beautiful photographs
    At the height of her success, she quit modeling for personal reasons
    Anyway, she still performed fairly well on the show
    I mean, the only shoots she didn't do well in were the crappy ones like the krumping/fairy tale/doll
    She still took many great photos and her physical appearance is undeniable
    Personally I get the impression that Elite had mixed feelings about Sara and that at first Elite wanted Sara to be a model;but under one condition:that Sara would morph her atheletic build into a much thinner figure. I remember the interview that Sara did with Fox News (I posted the transcript: See also Sara - Cycle 6 and scroll down to post # 1319 to refresh your memory of that interview), I have always suspected that when cycle 6 ended that Sara went into modeling in part because she saw herself as a woman on a mission to bring back the "glamazon image" but if there is one thing I have learned about the modeling industry and that is that the people who hire models will not let anyone tell them how to run their own business,let alone one of their own employees. Obviously Sara`s bodytype was that of "glamazon" (glamazon=glamourous amazon and clearly Sara is a glamourous amazon ) Elite wanted Sara to lose weight but according to the interview Sara refused to lose the weight that Elite wanted her to lose. I get the impression that this was the kind of employer-employee situation in which there is a serious disagreement between employee and employer and before the employer can fire the employee the employee sees the handwriting on the wall and quits before she gets fired. I suspect that is unfortunately what happned to Sara. But you are right LedZepForever personal factors were involved also. I know she missed her family and boyfriend(man do I envy her boyfriend;he is one of the luckiest men alive), and now is glad to have them back. You are right Sara`s appearence is undeniable and I hope there are women who look like Sara in future cycles of ANTM.
    "New World Order" is an oxymoron. I miss Sara(C6). I miss Lauren(C10).

FORT Fogey

I don't know why you gys like sara so much she is just ok in my book there are tons of other irls in antm history that are ways better than sara