Thread: Sara - Cycle 6

Re: Sara - Cycle 6

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale;2441432;
    It could also be that the auditions/casting calls were at the mall. Sara would've just walked by, but been spotted by someone and the rest is, as they say, history. It's just another theory.
    theory? that's exactly what happened

Quote Originally Posted by TunaFests;2441625;
    theory? that's exactly what happened
    I meant as opposed to amazonophile's saying that the agent were sent to the mall just to see if someone they could draft was there. I don't think, as indicated below, that Tyra just send out casting agents to find someone, they must know what they're looking for or be there for another reason.

Quote Originally Posted by amazonophile;2440822;
    Think about it if the original plan was to have Danielle or Joanie win cycle 6 why would Tyra at the beginning of cycle 6 have sent casting agents to a mall in order to draft a woman to be cycle 6 ANTM ?

Sara was casted @ the mall. She went to auditions!!! Who ever said that a casting agent was sent to draft somone for the show??

Well anywho...Sara was my favorite for Cycle 6, she should have won

Quote Originally Posted by Darkswordian;2441359;
    They've...scouted out girls before. I don't think there was some great conspiracy to get a girl from a mall as the winner. People who worked with the show just happened to notice a girl they thought might be good for it.
    I have only been watching and been a fan of ANTM since cycle 6;so in my absence of knowledge about cycles 1 through 5, does anyone know the names of other contestants who were scouted in cycles 1-5 like Sara? (BTW, it was specifically because of Sara that I started watching ANTM;I hope to see other women with similar attributes in future cycles and I will always compare other ANTM women to Sara`s attributes as a kind of ideal).
    Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale;2441432;
    It could also be that the auditions/casting calls were at the mall. Sara would've just walked by, but been spotted by someone and the rest is, as they say, history. It's just another theory.
    I guess this would mean "the right hand did not see what the left hand was doing". In this scenario Sara would have been spotted by someone either working for Tyra or UPN being unaware of the internal politics of either other parts of the organization that works personally for Tyra or UPN. It is this "internal politics" I believe that may have sent Sara home and of course it is possible that whoever saw Sara at the mall was unaware of the future "wheeling and dealing" which tragically resulted in Sara being sent home. .
    Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale;2441640;
    I meant as opposed to amazonophile's saying that the agent were sent to the mall just to see if someone they could draft was there. I don't think, as indicated below, that Tyra just send out casting agents to find someone, they must know what they're looking for or be there for another reason.
    Is it even possible that the casting agents did not follow instructions at all ? . For example could it be that the casting agent(s) were instructed by someone to get a woman with thin lips who was short with brown hair appearing to have tiny legs, no muscle tone and instead get Sara? If it is the case that there may have been another reason as cited by femme fatale I wonder what that other reason was that Sara was picked ? I still keep getting the sense that Danielle being the winner of C6 was plan B, while the woman who was picked by the scouts/casting agents (at that time Tyra would have been unaware that this woman was Sara),was plan A.
    "New World Order" is an oxymoron. I miss Sara(C6). I miss Lauren(C10).

FORT Fan

They saw Sara, they liked her look, and they scouted her. I highly doubt that she was the planned winner, and I highly doubt that they were specifically looking in the mall so they could find a planned winner.

Sara was sent home because the other girls (Minus Jade) were much stronger performers. Sara couldn't sell herself in front of the panel, and didn't have the modeling skill of Joanie and Danielle.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkswordian;2444419;
    They saw Sara, they liked her look, and they scouted her. I highly doubt that she was the planned winner, and I highly doubt that they were specifically looking in the mall so they could find a planned winner.

Sara was sent home because the other girls (Minus Jade) were much stronger performers. Sara couldn't sell herself in front of the panel, and didn't have the modeling skill of Joanie and Danielle.
    If that is the case why did they keep Jade and not let Sara go into the finale episode? The fact that they picked Jade over Sara is what got me madder than anything else?
    Last edited by amazonophile; 06-18-2007 at 09:13 PM. Reason: spacing error and punctuation
    "New World Order" is an oxymoron. I miss Sara(C6). I miss Lauren(C10).

Jade stayed because she did better than Sara.

When Joanie and Dani were getting their teeth fixed everbody should have known one of them was going to be the winner. Sara had already gotten one of the kisses of death from Nigel - no modeling presence. He said Sara was a dwarf in a giants' body. If Sara would have started modeling when she was a teenager, she probably would have been a better model. She had/has the goods to be one. I believe in preplanned winners and F3 as well.
    “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”- Albert Einstein

FORT Fogey

I don't think there are preplanned winners...and I do think jade did better than sara

FORT Fan

Jade nailed her picture that week while Sara struggled. Also, how could Tyra resist the temptation of another Jade commercial?