Thread: Sara - Cycle 6

Quote Originally Posted by amazonophile;2243067;

ALBERT: For me, in particular, I definitely felt a lot of pressure to be thinner. I am taller; I'm 6'1". I'm taller than the average model. It really is a numbers game. You need to fit the measurements of the designers. I just, with my body type it is natural for me to be a size zero. So there is definitely that pressure out there.
    I think she said, NOT natural to be a size zero? I'm as tall, it's not natural to be a size zero, just like I said before in this topic. I like Sara, can understand why she'd quit.

i found the interview, SO boring,no offense.
    Shooting with the elephant, it reminds me of an ancient
    dinosaur, because they are in the dinosaurs family ,

=== Jade, Cycle 6===

in memory of Sara`s modeling experience(3/06)-(1/07)

I will miss Sara greatly. As you all have probabably figured out by now I am one of Sara`s most devoted fans on this forum. Here is a list of what I will miss most about Sara. 1. Her height. 2.Her lips. 3.Her atheletic figure. 4.Her personality. IMO Sara was the best ANTM contestant ever.
    "New World Order" is an oxymoron. I miss Sara(C6). I miss Lauren(C10).

I'm a straight guy! BLaNKoBoRiQuA's Avatar
    ...Ah well, some good things must come to an end. Although i was really looking forward to seeing her being one of the most sucessful contestants on the show. But hey....yeah.
    BLaNKo112 FoR LyFe!!!!!!!

sigh...i miss Sara =(

I like Sara a lot, but i was a little surprised at how long she stayed in the competition with her inconsistency.

Quote Originally Posted by IS0LAT3D;2314169;
    sigh...i miss Sara =(
    so do I. In fact I do not think that there will ever be another ANTM contestant as good as Sara.

why the Sara Albert story ended in bitterness and tragedy

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut Oil;2439065;
    I believe it's more like a reality show first, then a 1 hour product placement, THEN a modeling competition.
    Unfortunately, Sara Albert learned this fact the hard way. It is why I believe we will never see Sara ever again and why she is now so bitter about her ANTM experience. Tribalspeak and Coconnut Oil raised issues about ANTM in the Jaslene(C8) thread that I have been thinking about in relation to Sara ever since May 2006. Tribalspeak mentioned that Jaslene won cycle 8 before it was even filmed,apparently for criteria other then modeling. In Jaslene`s case the alledged motive according to Tribalspeak was to pick someone who can be a role model to a young audience and to send out a public service announcement to the same young audience saying “Don`t give up”. Tokyonights then asked the following:
    Quote Originally Posted by TokyoNiGHTS;2438962;
    I didn't watch C6, but did they show who voted for who at the end of C6? I know they never do that in any other cycle i've seen. I'm not sure how you can really judge who voted for who when they don't show you like other shows do.
    which was answered by mayukhers :
    Quote Originally Posted by mayukhers112;2438968;
    It was very obvious in the C6 finale. Nigel and Miss Jay were all for Dani, Twiggy was on the fence, and Tyra was fully supportive of Joanie as the winner. Tyra repeatedly was highlighting problems with Dani and praising Joanie, while the two men of the panel were constantly complimenting Dani.
    Then Coconut Oil mentioned that ANTM is first a reality TV show,second a product placement and only then a modeling competition. However, I believe that the scenario that played out in the finale to cycle 6 was Plan B. Think about it if the original plan was to have Danielle or Joanie win cycle 6 why would Tyra at the beginning of cycle 6 have sent casting agents to a mall in order to draft a woman to be cycle 6 ANTM ? To me going to the mall to draft someone to be a cycle 6 contestant and then picking Danielle does not make any sense at all. I also know from having read posts by other FORT members about earlier cycles that ANTM was run better in cycles before cycle 4 (and probably had higher ratings then it did in the last cycle), but then some unseen superiors (network execs? sponsors?), began to micromanage ANTM putting pressure on Tyra and the other judges on how to run the show which paradoxically caused the show to go downhill giving the producers the opposite of what they wanted. At the beginning of cycle 6 for the first time ever casting agents were sent to a mall to pick out a woman to compete in cycle 6 who would not have to go through the intial behind the scenes selection process that the other ANTM cycle 6 contestants had to go through ( why? Was Sara originally intended to be the proverbial “great white hope” [no pun intended] who would not only be the preplanned winner of cycle 6 but who would also even more importantly raise ANTM ratings back to cycle 1 levels or maybe even higher then cycle 1 levels and perhaps with luck boost UPN ratings in general?). I think it is only after Tyra met Sara for the first time that Tyra and the other judges decided to go to Plan B of having Danielle win cycle 6. I suspect that the casting agents when they were sent to the mall to draft a woman to compete in cycle 6 probably did not follow instructions perfectly and picked a woman who did not exactly match the specifacations of the people who had sent the agents to the mall in the first place. (I want to know who sent those casting agents to the mall to pick a woman for cycle 6 and why). I believe it was either the producers putting pressure on Tyra to send the casting agents to the mall or the producers themselves who did it. When Sara turned out to be something other then what the UPN and ANTM masterminds wanted they switched to a plan B in which Danielle would win and Sara would be sent home before the final episode. I believe it was the producers and sponsors who in this new Plan B determined when Sara would be sent home.

FORT Fan

Re: Sara - Cycle 6

They've...scouted out girls before. I don't think there was some great conspiracy to get a girl from a mall as the winner. People who worked with the show just happened to notice a girl they thought might be good for it.

Re: Sara - Cycle 6

It could also be that the auditions/casting calls were at the mall. Sara would've just walked by, but been spotted by someone and the rest is, as they say, history. It's just another theory.