Thread: Sara - Cycle 6

I think I can understand her. Being as tall as Sara, modeling isn't easy. To fit in the clothes, you have to be even skinnier than 1m70 girls (I think it's 5'7"?). So you have to work out and watch what you eat all the time, and modeling itself is quite tiring as well, it's definately not as easy as it looks.

Furthermore you indeed get the feeling you're replacable, and I was actually catching myself thinking just as shallow as the industry. You start to see people as centimeters and bones, "personality" is way overrated, and everybody is just thinking "me me me!" in the end. Photographers, stylists, hairdressers... As long as they can use you, you're great, two seconds later you're dead to them.

I can understand that a smart girl like Sara thinks: "I'm worth more than this". Modeling is glamorous and can be fun, but it also means being away from the people you love, and being surrouded by no-one you can trust.

I wish Sara all the luck in the future.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Toeps;2212113;
    I think I can understand her. Being as tall as Sara, modeling isn't easy. To fit in the clothes, you have to be even skinnier than 1m70 girls (I think it's 5'7"?). So you have to work out and watch what you eat all the time, and modeling itself is quite tiring as well, it's definately not as easy as it looks.

Furthermore you indeed get the feeling you're replacable, and I was actually catching myself thinking just as shallow as the industry. You start to see people as centimeters and bones, "personality" is way overrated, and everybody is just thinking "me me me!" in the end. Photographers, stylists, hairdressers... As long as they can use you, you're great, two seconds later you're dead to them.

I can understand that a smart girl like Sara thinks: "I'm worth more than this". Modeling is glamorous and can be fun, but it also means being away from the people you love, and being surrouded by no-one you can trust.

Very well said. You obviously speak from experience, it must be a pretty lonely career sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by AKat;2209319;
    There's an article in the Washington Post today (Friday, January 19) about Sara, saying that she has given up modeling and moved back to Washington DC.

I can't provide a link -- I'm not registered for the online version because we get the hardcopy version delivered at home.
    Quote Originally Posted by mayukhers112;2209757;
    Aw, Amazonophile will be heartbroken.

But I do agree that although I'm sort of sad, it's her decision, and I totally not only respect her for that but also commend her...if it was too stressful, then so be it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahlen_rocks;2209522;
    OK, sara you took a bad desicion , however it's Your desicion.

I really believed in you, how sad....

I read the article and yes mayukhers I am heratbroken. I had a feeling something fishy was going on when starting shortly after Thanksgiving Sara stopped responding to my emails. Did anyone else notice the same thing? I have a hypothesis for why Sara quit and I call it the "Kurt Cobain Effect". For those of you who do not know Kurt Cobain was the lead vocalist for the grung band Nirvanna who commit suicide because he could not handle fame and some of the other things associated with being a celebrity. No Sara did not commit suicide but I think she had a milder version of this psychological effect. As I said before she mysteriously stopped answeing my emails after Thanksgiving. She also was not updating her website http://saraalbert.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMacs4Life;2209905;
    ... OMG no... Sara! She's my absolute favourite girl from any cycle ever! But oh well. Why has she not mentioned it on her Myspace?
    Bigmacs noticed something I had to which was that Sara never updated her myspace page. This fits the pattern I discribed earlier and is more evidence that she could not handle being a celeb.
    Quote Originally Posted by A11Y7;2209778;
    As a faithful fan of Sara, I am starting to accept it. Yes, I am a little disappointed and sad that she decided to do this, but I commend her for her honesty. I'm glad she spoke up instead of going under all this modeling stress. I love you Sara!
    Quote Originally Posted by i love kahlen;2209786;
    I agree, although I absolutely love her and am totally sad we won't see new pictures of her, I understand she needed to do what she thought was best.
    I agree totally with A11Y7 and (i love kahlen) I respect her decision although I wish she had not made it and I still LOVE Sara!
    Quote Originally Posted by ANTM Mega Fan;2209749;
    Joanie was annoyed with Sara in the second to last episode of C6, because she thought she really didn't have a passion for modeling.
    I think that Joanie was wrong. Sara did want to model (why would she have signed up with Elite if she did not), but later on the stress of celebrity caught up with her. I will always love Sara and in fact I will continue to use her image as my avatar for a long time. I just hope a future cycle of ANTM will have a woman model who will look and act just like Sara . Until that time I will use her image as my avatar.

I really don't think that's the reason, an ANTMer fame isn't that big either. I think She simply didnt like the industry and how it works anymore, luckly to her, she's a smart girl and she has a deegre to fall on, unlike tons of girls from this show.

And joanie was rigth IMO, if you really want to model, you'd stand anything just because you love it, sara tried, but she knew this wasnt her thing and she gave up.

It's just my opinion though.
    Last edited by Kahlen_rocks; 01-22-2007 at 09:02 PM.

only on Court TV(unfourtunately) or maybe CNN

Quote Originally Posted by A11Y7;2209705;
    *sigh* Well, I'm a bit disappointed, but I hope we will get to see more of her. I wish her the best.
    I am afraid the only way we might get to see Sara is on Court TV or CNN(only if she gets involved in a high profile case such as an OJ type trial with her choice of career being what it is.) OH I miss you Sara !!!

FORT Fan
    she probably stopped answering emails because they can start to get annoying

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Toeps;2212113;

Amazing post. That's sort of why my parents didn't want me to try to even get into commercial print modeling.

she was an awesome model and now she ll be with her friends and family more often

Sara was interviewed on Fox News

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,249507,00.html JOHN GIBSON, HOST: In "Big Health": skinny models. They represent what is considered beautiful in our society and what many women aspire to be. But constantly being photographed on the catwalk puts pressure on them to do whatever it takes to maintain that bony, pallid, rail-thin look. And that puts them, and those who look up to them, in danger.

OK, good so far. Nobody is for starving models.

But now a New York lawmaker is alarmed by waifish models and is calling for new laws to establish weight standards for underage models the fist such ban in the United States. Joining me how is Sara Albert, a model, and a contestant on last year's reality series, "America's Next Top Model."

So, Sara, this is about to be law in the state of New York, that you can be actually illegally skinny. What do you think of this?

SARA ALBERT, MODEL: I think that having extremely skinny models definitely promotes an unhealthy image and lifestyle. It might promote eating disorders in young women. You know, models are role models, whether they like it or not. However, I am a little bit unsure about making that law, especially with a focus mainly on models and weight restrictions on them.

GIBSON: Didn't a model die recently from essentially starving herself to death?

ALBERT: Yes, a model from Brazil. She was 21 years old. She actually died.

GIBSON: This is her picture right now.

ALBERT: Yes, it's very sad. You know, back in September Madrid was the first to take action. I am happy that this issue is finally getting the attention that it needs in the U.S.

GIBSON: Well, look, we see these skinny models, but we don't see every runway show. I don't go. You are more involved in it, or were. Is this really the problem that this lawmaker is making it out to be?

ALBERT: Well, it is definitely a very big issue. However, you may hate them, but there really are skinny girls out there. Just having a body mass index restriction is not a tell-all for health. It can actually be employment discrimination.

GIBSON: Did you find this a hard life to keep up with, this kind of thin standard?

ALBERT: For me, in particular, I definitely felt a lot of pressure to be thinner. I am taller; I'm 6'1". I'm taller than the average model. It really is a numbers game. You need to fit the measurements of the designers. I just, with my body type it is natural for me to be a size zero. So there is definitely that pressure out there.

GIBSON: Sara Albert, formerly a model, talking about the skinny models, it may be illegal. Sara, thanks very much. We appreciate it.

ALBERT: Thank you.
    I actually agree with Sara and not just because I love her. I actually kind of suspected that this may be one of the reasons why Sara was eliminated in ANTM. Remember when Nigel called her a "jock"(which means that he thought Sara was too muscular)?
    "New World Order" is an oxymoron. I miss Sara(C6). I miss Lauren(C10).

If there is gonna be a law about skinny models i think there should be a law for skinny celebrities they are role models too. And yeah nice to hear something from sara.