Page 53 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103 ... LastLast

Thread: Nnenna - Cycle 6

FORT Fan
    We all saw that Nnenna was being told she was too reserved, quiet, and boring. Personally I can't judge based on everything I see on TV because they have the power to control the audience by only showing us what they want us to think. Jay might have directed that last kiss and we never see it. The male model might have been gay and everyone knew it but the audience and it was an understanding between them that they photoshoot was going to go there. We didn't see the entire conversation with Nnenna and her boyfriend so we definitely are limited on facts. However everyone is still entitled to their own opinion.

A couple of years ago I read that a Nigerian woman was been stoned to death for cheating on her husband. I don't think or know if Nnenna is from the same tribe but I really don't think she will deliberately cheat on her boyfriend on National TV especially for a girl like her who grew up in a country where some tribe stones their women to death for infedelity.

vaughn is hot, id kiss him and then some

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by smartcritic View Post

A couple of years ago I read that a Nigerian woman was been stoned to death for cheating on her husband. I don't think or know if Nnenna is from the same tribe but I really don't think she will deliberately cheat on her boyfriend on National TV especially for a girl like her who grew up in a country where some tribe stones their women to death for infedelity.
    i don't think nnenna is muslim. what's her last name?

besides, i am sorry, that bf she could do better

According to wikipedia (so it might not be true) Nnenna's last name is Agba. I have no idea if that sounds muslim or not

(Post #300!)

FORT Fogey
    then she is ot muslim, if that is her last name. That is common last name in the south of nigeria which is mostly christian

I seriously doubt a muslim girl will go on this show since the girls on this show are required to show alot of skin. I know Sara was half persian but she wasn't muslim though. No muslim girl in their right mind will ever do this show.

FORT Regular
    Nnenna is not Muslim and not from the ethnic group of the woman who was threatened to be stoned on account of her having committed fornication/adultery. That woman was Hausa and more importantly, she was Muslim. Nnenna is igbo and not Muslim. (she is most likely christian - I am not sure though). The sharia laws (Muslim laws) in Nigeria only apply to Muslims in two of Nigeria's 36 states. So Nnenna's coming from a country were the Muslim clerics of one of two Sharia states were going to stone a woman to death probably has no influence on her kissing a guy on national t.v. Even if she were in Nigeria when the kiss occurred, there would be no repaucation (because she is not Muslim and is not living in one of the two Sharia states) except maybe public judgment ( as is occurring on this website) and people calling her a cheater, etc.

Some "tribes" in Nigeria do not stone their women to death for infidelity- the punishment is reserved for Muslim women (irrespective of "tribe") living in a Sharia state.

oooh. thanks you. i loved the cultural notes.

houston has a lot of nigerians in it. i used to live there and many of my friends were from either nigeria or ethiopia! (total opposite sides of the continent i know.)

i think nnenna is awesome, as far as her personality and look in person. i know she'll go farther than how she's being edited. it'd be flat out stupid for her not to!

Nicole, Melrose, & Claire Erin_go_bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nikoniko View Post
    oooh. thanks you. i loved the cultural notes.

houston has a lot of nigerians in it. i used to live there and many of my friends were from either nigeria or ethiopia! (total opposite sides of the continent i know.)

i think nnenna is awesome, as far as her personality and look in person. i know she'll go farther than how she's being edited. it'd be flat out stupid for her not to!
    How cool! I live in Houston and the family with the setuplets from Nigeria come to our local library where I work.

Anyway, Nnenna was smuldering in her photo, despite the cheesy background. Her outfit was lame but she worked it!

My cousins live in Houston, and when I go to visit them I notice alot of people from Nigeria, as well.