Page 51 of 133 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101 ... LastLast

Thread: Nnenna - Cycle 6

Quote Originally Posted by RespectJersey View Post
    Definitely
    You'll enjoy this link...
    Vaughn Dance-"Joe Boxer"
    Foolishly kliked on the link to verify that I disagree that this is NOT the joeboxer guy because ALL I GOT WAS SPYWARE

Quote Originally Posted by blackflip View Post
    I wonder WHAT Ms Jay is smoking when he says this beautiful classy model is "boring"? He and Tyra do not like this girl because she is so intelligent and far too reminiscent of the great IMAN rather than any overly bubbly,commercial,Sports illustrated/failed couture models I could name cough*Tyra*cough! She is someone that they can't control and manipulate like the less mature,awed girls on the show with her. Iman is still the greatest Black supermodel in terms of industry credibility and success--owning her own company puts her ahead of Tyra too in terms of business. Iman is the boss of many more people than Tyra on this show and Iman doesn't even need the money-her husband David Bowie is worth an estimated $800 million. When I see Nnenna speak,I hear Iman all over again--a college educated woman with poise,vocabulary, and diction--too classy for words. Having a potential Iman on the show has got to be threatening to Tyra--her "creation" may just upstage her! Ms Jay doesn't want a potential Iman either--the real one had a better walk than his mess when she set foot off the plane in the 70's straight from Africa! She probably laughs at his pretensions. Notice Jay Manuel loves Nnnena--he used to make up Iman (and worked for her too)and she never let him mess her up like he has done to Tyra at times. Mr. Jay is so not drinking the haterade!

This girl is a true professional capable of being a true TOP model and potential Super model--she does not require much polishing--she is ready to be photographed NOW by major photographers for editorial and commercial work. Her pics all ROCKED and the male model knew who to kiss--the hot WOMAN among so many girls! Go Nnenna(but yeah she may be leaving soon-sob)!
    While I'll agree Ms. Jay was on crack about Nnenna's picture, I don't agree that Tyra's afraid Nnenna would upstage her. For starters, she retired from modeling... aaaand... if she truely didn't want any of the winners or contestants of ANTM to "upstage" her... why even pick them? For the most part, she's in charge of who gets on the show. She could have just as easily not picked Nnenna.

That being said, I get the sinking feeling that Nnenna is going to get kicked off near the end of the season for some stupid reason that makes no sense to anybody (including Nnenna...ala Lisa's elimination last cycle)... but she'll undoubtedly get signed.
    .Self-Proclaimed ANTM Photo Junkie.
    .....Generally Annoyed Person.....
    ...........Gallery Owner...........

The Top Model...Omahyra RespectJersey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kimanis View Post
    Foolishly kliked on the link to verify that I disagree that this is NOT the joeboxer guy because ALL I GOT WAS SPYWARE
    Uhm....are you sure? The link was http://myspace.com/vaughnlowery

[mod edit]

Mr J who is obviously mesmorised by Nnenna when he talks to her it's like he's taking in how beautiful she is every time, if he likes her why does Miss J not like her. She is far from boring she probably just hasn't clicked with any of the funnier girls to bring out her wilder side. Shes been spending alot of time with Gina (her roomy) making sure she is not isolated as the others dont like her so this has probably distanced her from the others as well. In the extra vids you see Gina telling Nnenna that the other girls talk about her all the time so it's pobably them being 2 faced and not letting her get to a pointwhere she feels totally comfortable with the others.

Tyra summed it up Nnenna exudes power & confidence but it's a quiet confidence and is not at all over powering and false like some of the others she is a mixture of a calm Nigerian lady & the country charm of a Texan native so she's bound to be less over powering and have more of calm reserve than some of the others.
    Last edited by John; 04-01-2006 at 01:13 PM.

FORT Fan
    You are absolutely right Bniceuk! I don't see anything boring about her.

The first episode I was positive that Nnenna would win, but now I'm not to sure about her...I love her accent though lol

Quote Originally Posted by kimanis View Post
    the link worked fine for me. That guy is hot, Nnenna is so lucky. Its funny how the guy kinda became famous for like 5 seconds when the commercials aired and now he's a has been.

I don't want to sound like a hater, up until the most recent episode I loved Nnenna. But a couple of things about her make me go, um. First off, I'm Ghanaian and a lot of my friends are Nigerian straight from Nigeria -- some belong to the Igbo tribe, which is what I think Nnenna said she's claiming at one point? Anyway, to me her accent does not strike me as anything west-African. When I first heard her speak, I thought she was raised in one of the southern countries, and so did most of my friends. Maybe her accent just got affected over time, who knows, but I just thought that was a little off. Also, after watching this past epi where she kissed the model, I got the impression that she's putting on a really good girl air, and she's not as sweet as she seems. I'm sure she really is quiet and demure, but the way she treated her boyfriend (who I don't deny seemed like a loser, LOL) on the phone and in the narratives just rubbed me the wrong way. She seems like she has a bit of a mean streak, or like a haughty nature? Is this just me thinking this? Anyway, I'm talking too much, so far I still like Nnenna, but I'm wondering about her.

I think she's getting the Shandi edit--3rd place
    "...but this, all pleasures fancies be; If ever any beauty I did see, Which I desired, and got, 'twas but a dream of thee..."

FORT Fan
    she's just sexually frustrated. i bet all the girls are