Page 102 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2529293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1326

Thread: Nnenna - Cycle 6

FORT Fan
    I have seen Oluchi Onweagba and I think Nnenna is prettier. Nnenna (when she had hair before her makeover) looks more like Agbani Darego the Nigerian model that won Miss Universe I believe in 2001.

FORT Fogey
    that's possible, maybe i saw the wrong clip. So i guess being bald increases your chances of winning.

i forgot about agbani darego. when i first saw her at miss universe i fell in love. no wonder she won miss world after placing top 10 at miss universe. the girl that came after agbani was also stunning
    Last edited by jacobson00; 04-26-2006 at 05:40 PM.

FORT Regular
    I agree, I think Nnenna is prettier than Oluchi -- but I think Agbani is prettier.

Was Oluchi really bald in face of Africa '98? I don't remember that. There was another model that came out that same time from Uganda that I thought looked a lot like Oluchi (Kiara Kabukuri, I think) so maybe I'm mixing up the two. But i thought Oluchi always had the hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyracan'tjudge View Post
    I think the only reason people ever compared nnenna and Iman is because they are both from Africa and both kinda quiet. Nnenna's features don't look like Iman's at all. Iman is lighter has longer hair and more european facial features.

Nnenna is beautiful and striking in her own right, but does not really look like Iman.
    I agree. Two different people. And yet both of strikingly beautiful.

FORT Fogey
    i still believe oluchi had hair when she won. she was never bald

without a doubt nnenna is extremely beautiful, but she lacks presence in some ways i can't explain

FORT Fan
    You are right maybe that is the "cool confidence or quiet power" the judges were trying to describe.

FORT Fogey
    Dang! To me, this was perhaps the biggest shock in ANTM history because most everyone pegged her to be in the top two. What's interesting is that though she was considered a shoe-in for the finals, most everyone was bored. Even so, I never saw this coming! It restores my faith in ANTM! Nnnena is a strong presence, but she never translated to photographs. But my, oh my, I am still in shock because I thought the show was very predictable. Now, I'm totally hooked because they proved that anything can happen. Go Joanie, Jade, and Danielle!!

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar
    She is beautiful and a good model, but she was beginning to believe her own press. Her shoots were getting less and less attractive. It was time.

catwalk -- yes, commercial -- no

I think Nnenna will be fabulous on the catwalk. Just amazing. But her look isn't versatile enough for commercial, especially covergirl. Covergirl is smiling, and even though Nnenna thinks that's her most amazing feature, she doesn't have the easy smile of a Covergirl. I can't articulate it, but she doesn't have it (krumping picture, baby doll picture).

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I was in shock last night, but when they reviewed all of the remaining contestants, I couldn't see how it could be anyone but Nnenna. Oh well.....The remaining ladies are all good and getting better! I'm still a fan. Whomever wins this year will be a deserving young woman.

Hope this is a lesson to future contestants...unload your hometown baggage before you try to becom ANTM. I don't think that was her only problem, but it was a huge burden that sucked a lot of her energy.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!