Page 101 of 133 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1326

Thread: Nnenna - Cycle 6

You Dare Question Me? OrangeDingo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by viv_smi98 View Post
    This statement reminds me of Brooke, lol. I said the exact same thing about Brooke and how her "awww look at me I'm so sweet" thing is a facade. I guess there's enough fakeness for both of them, that's why they clashed.
    I don't think Brooke's sweetness is a facade.
    Brooke: "I know I'm supposed to be the (add air quotations) "Sweet one" (/air quotations), but I can have a temper too!"

She admits that she has two sides to her.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeCurious View Post
    I thought her crying picture was very strong and engaging. She can take very strong realistic pictures. I don't know but I still think she can make a great model in the real world.

I think in the real world, there's no question that Nnenna can make a good model. She has her appeal and there is an audience for her look.

Every year, since 1998, Nokia sponsors a Face of Africa modeling contest to pick a new hi-fashion model from the continent. Models from all over the continent compete and apply in Africa. The winner gets a contract with Ford (if i remember correctly) models. The winner in 1998 was Oluchi, the Nigerian model (who looks more like Naomi Campbell than like Nnenna), but the winner last year, defnitely had a Nnenna look. Don't remember the girl's name- but she was from Botswana, and had the boyish hair cut. She was a little lighter than Nnenna but looks like a her. So I think there's an appeal for Nnenna's look.

However, i agree with everyone who says Nnenna will not win this show because she is bland as a reality t.v. show winner. She's too reserved to market herself and while her look may appeal to high fashion, it may not be commercial enough. I'm not comparing Nnenna to Alek Wek (because i think nnenna is prettier) - but with all her fame and success, i don't think i saw Alek Wek on commercials.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by _chAseR_ View Post
    Puh! I know Iman. I'm great friends with Iman, and Nnenna you are no Iman.

I think the only reason people ever compared nnenna and Iman is because they are both from Africa and both kinda quiet. Nnenna's features don't look like Iman's at all. Iman is lighter has longer hair and more european facial features.

Nnenna is beautiful and striking in her own right, but does not really look like Iman.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyracan'tjudge View Post
    I Iman is lighter has longer hair and more european facial features.
    actually that is iman today but back in her hay days she didn't

regarding the face of africa competition, i know of the winner "ramatoulaye", she is from senegal, guess what she is bald.
    i still don't understand why the tend to prefer bald african model

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00 View Post
    actually that is iman today but back in her hay days she didn't

regarding the face of africa competition, i know of the winner "ramatoulaye", she is from senegal, guess what she is bald.
    i still don't understand why the tend to prefer bald african model

But even back in the day, Iman was still signficantly lighter than Nnenna-- very rare to see a dark skinned Somali.

Ramatoulaye was the 2001 winner, I beleive. The latest winner (2005) is from Botswana, her name is Kaone Kario. She is also almost bald.

but there are other African models that aren't bald -- Oluchi, Warsame, Liya Kebede. A popular African model in europe from Mali (rumoured to be George Clooney's ex g/f) is named Youma Diakite and is also not bald.

FORT Fogey
    you know a lot about them. are you african?

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00 View Post
    you know a lot about them. are you african?

No. but my dad is married to one and I have visited 6 times and follow their news.

FORT Newbie
    but there are other African models that aren't bald -- Oluchi, Warsame, Liya Kebede
    Oluchi Onweagba was bald. Her hair was shaved for the Face of Africa contest. That was how she won, with the bald look. But now she is with long hair, i saw her 3 days ago(not live).

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by happybite View Post
    Oluchi Onweagba was bald. Her hair was shaved for the Face of Africa contest. That was how she won, with the bald look. But now she is with long hair, i saw her 3 days ago(not live).
    actually no, it was the 2001 winner. I saw pics or oluchi winning. she wasn't bald

it is a bit weird to me that most of the casting for face of africa the past 4 years have been done in english speaking languages only
    Last edited by jacobson00; 04-26-2006 at 05:01 PM.

FORT Newbie
    I am very sure Oluchi was bald when she won, her hair was cut, it created waves in Nigeria then. I watched it. After she won, she used extensions.