Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Kari - Cycle 6

i think shes gonna be eliminated first. i mean all the pretty ones do..high fashion models arent exactly HOT, but they are edgy and naturally pretty. she reminds me of ashley from c5.

I agree with you roni_brooke, It sucks though cause she seems like a sweet girl, but oh well.

i think she'll go the same way as Heather...they'll say that she has potential in the first episode, then drop her by the third

I'm a straight guy! BLaNKoBoRiQuA's Avatar
    o actually think shell make it far. shell be in the top 5 or 6

I noticed after viewing their video interview that noone considers her as their biggest competition or see her in the final two...her name wasn't mentioned once...I think she'll stay in the middle maybe 5 or 6...After watching the show I'll be able to tell..

Anya | Kata | Aimee so into you's Avatar
    Well I wouldnt really say someone being the youngest being my biggest competition if I was 24, 26.
    beauty is only skin deep.

Nicole Linkletter - Renee england88533's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by so into you View Post
    Well I wouldnt really say someone being the youngest being my biggest competition if I was 24, 26.
    yea good point!

Quote Originally Posted by so into you View Post
    Age is irrelevant....I'm sure the girls are intelligent and they understand that age doesn't determine how far someone will go in the competition.... it's something about her that does not intimidate them...I don't know what it is but to most of the girls she's not a threat.....Younger means youthful and fresh so that isn't valid...the younger one should be their biggest competiton..but the oldest could be also b/c of experience...they just personally aren't threaten by her...

She reminds me of Kyle in some ways. I hope she blows the other girls out of the water.

Anya | Kata | Aimee so into you's Avatar
    Age is irrelevant....I'm sure the girls are intelligent and they understand that age doesn't determine how far someone will go in the competition.... it's something about her that does not intimidate them...I don't know what it is but to most of the girls she's not a threat.....Younger means youthful and fresh so that isn't valid...the younger one should be their biggest competiton..but the oldest could be also b/c of experience...they just personally aren't threaten by her...
    I know but arguably these interviews are pre-show right? The other girls haven't seen what she is capable of, and therefore, additional with age, she would seem inferior. I mean think about it, you go into a competition, not knowing what these girls are capable of, but it is human nature to just point out the better ones just by first impression. Being 5'8, it's easy not to stand out, especially when most of them are 5'10+.

So, let me play out a scene. These girls haven't photographed officially yet, they don't really know each other yet. I think they're just relying on their "ideas". One girl goes Eg. "Oh wow, Mollie Sue looks so much like a model that I have seen lately, so she'll probably be in the Final 2." Remember, what Tyra says? It's not about the looks. Do they know how eg. Mollie Sue's commercial skills are like yet? I doubt it. How about her challenges scores, acting skills, and important runway skills. That was a downfall to a lot of the girls in the past. She might just even have bad weeks for a period of time, a la Ann (who we all know was so capable of high fashion) and be eliminated?

It goes by the competition. Kim was never a "threat" in the beginning, but when she proved herself, people would try and put her down and pinpoint against her. Therefore it's too early to tell if she's a contender or not just by people's point of views, and it also does not mean Mollie Sue would make it. Besides, some of these girls aren't Tyra, and they don't know what a real model is or what Tyra & Co. are looking for.

On a side note, I think this competition is about transformation and progression, so Kari does have a shot at it. Who knows, her personality might even be a threat? Literal or practical.

To wrap it all up, I'm not saying that there is no chance that she's going to leave first. She might and get some catalogue work. It's happened before. But if you're going to jump to conclusions about how she ranks with the other girls by their opinions on the "Final 2" note that the girls can only choose 1, which is difficult from the top of their heads (I mean it would be different if it was "Final 4" or something...), I think it's just not a valid source.

Rant over. Sorry.
    Last edited by so into you; 02-19-2006 at 09:46 AM.
    beauty is only skin deep.