Page 54 of 239 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104154 ... LastLast

Thread: Joanie - Cycle 6

Joanie is such a relief compared to so many of the girls that are complaining, getting nervous, tensing up, mucking up their time in front of the camera, tripping on the runway, dressing wrong for panel. I'm so glad she turned out to take fantastic photos, despite the very real disadvantage of her teeth. She nails her runway walk, both in the catwalk challenges and in front of the judges. She doesn't get too caught up in the drama but she's not a doormat, either.

I'm so sick of these girls who are either worried and freaked out, or they're overly confident so that they come off as arrogant fools. Joanie makes it look easy and effortless. She reminds me of Elyse in that way.

I just love her tear picture, I could stare at it for hours.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

If she goes home next week that is a rip off because she is the best girl there besides danielle and joanie looks like she is fun to be around

Hmm, I was looking at the Elite Models website and their "call for models", the upper limit to the age range is 24. That is the upper range, but the fact that they consider a new model at that age range, says Joanie isn't "too old". At Wilhelmina, it's 25. At IMG, it's 21, but their minimum height is 5'7. None of these girls (except Jade, maybe) are too old to be starting. 24 is at the end range, but the fact that they're still willing to look at girls who are 24 and 25 (and 5'7) says something. They're especially not too old for commercial modeling which is probably all they'd realistically do anyway.

And really, it's not like any of these girls are seriously becoming supermodels anyway. They'd be lucky to get a spread in "Lemonade Magazine", age 18 or 25. I really do think they should just drop the whole 'couture/runway' wannabe part to this show altogether. More of these girls could be successful if they picked up smaller, more commercial sponsors who would clamor for the publicity, and maybe rotate them instead of the same 'prizes' every cycle. I think they should leave Ford and CoverGirl and Elle behind, and go to markets where they could really get steady work and exposure for the girls. I think Payless or Mudd or Delia's would be thrilled to have their name attached to a popular tv show.

I think she doesn't have the body for the runway or high fashion. If she wins, she'll be the oldest winner of the competition. I think she should go the acting route as her personality is perfect for it.

FORT Fogey
    I love love love Joanie to bits! Her b&w shots was one of the few with actual emotion, and her doll shot was amazing. Plus, all good quotes from this show are mostly from her. Her portfolio, right now, is blowing even Nik and Kahlen's out of the water. Amazing!

stuck in reality Asylum-ECT-girl's Avatar
    Isn't most of the "top models" Gisele, Molly Simms, Lima (that's all I know)--aren't they over 25? They usually work until they are about Tyra's age. A model's age is not a problem for me as long as they look fine.

I think starting young and gaining the experience is what agencies look for but Joanie has worked as model so I think agencies would (now) sign her because she has all this experience and recognition from ANTM. I could see her in a Candies ad or commericals and also doing a lot of runway.

Quote Originally Posted by hot_chocolate View Post
    Joanie is too old for the real modelling world, but then again, practically all the girls left this cycle are. Joanie did great last night. Kudos to her for putting up with 12 hours of dental work during the competition!
    IMO, I don't think so. She only started getting good after the Visualize your Future shoot. I think the ones before that were mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by mayukhers112 View Post
    I love love love Joanie to bits! Her b&w shots was one of the few with actual emotion, and her doll shot was amazing. Plus, all good quotes from this show are mostly from her. Her portfolio, right now, is blowing even Nik and Kahlen's out of the water. Amazing!

I really didnīt like all of the other girls b&w shoot
    (except Saraīs)
    there really wasnīt any emotion or anything
    and in the b&w shoot of Joanie she just naileddd it!!
    Last edited by ilovesara; 04-20-2006 at 10:04 PM.

You Dare Question Me? OrangeDingo's Avatar
    Joanie will win. It is written in the stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut Oil View Post
    IMO, I don't think so. She only started getting good after the Visualize your Future shoot. I think the ones before that were mediocre.

I loved her bald shoot - her eyes were mesmerizing, they just drew you in. Her ice shoot was incredible, too, and I thought that was a terrible photoshoot. She looked like a Valkyrie. The falling shot was great because she was so graceful in her body pose. I hated the styling on the "future career" photoshoot, they put her in some godawful bright red lipstick - so I was really surprised to see she pulled out an excellent picture.

I usually don't like the blondes, but this girl keeps wowing me. I'm sure at some point we'll get the big talk about her blonde, blue-eyed look being too safe, but I hope she gets all the way to the final 2.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob