Thread: Joanie - Cycle 6

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess View Post
    lol, since i havent been on for like ever, im gonna rant on my thoughts on Joanie NOT winning...UGHHHHh its so aggrovating(sp?) that she didnt win, seriously, i just did not understand it at all....i seriously believe in the whole "Cinderella Story" type winner that Tyra goes for...The unpopular fat girl who lived and breathed fashion, the reformed party girl, The tomboy turned super model, The girl who was shadowed by her sister, The b**** with the the heart of gold, etc etc...Since joanie didnt have any real troubles in her life, they went with danielle who's mother was ill. dont get me wrong, i adore Danielle, but there's just no reasonable explanation why Joanie lost...bleh! well, enough of my rant...take it how you want it, its just my opinion~!
    i respect that as your opinion but i can definately see why Joanie lost. she was too old, not the right body type and nothing very special about her look. she is beautiful and she'll probably get work but Danielle was a way better choice. i though Joanie was there long past her due date...and yeah the editing did make her look like a favorite but i thought it was pretty obvious she wouldn't win.

FORT Newbie
    Also respectfully disagree. I guess you can say Joanie had some strong pictures but ultimately should NOT have won. She is so un-modelly if you see just casual pictures of her, and she doesn't have a great body. Honestly, she can't even compare to Danielle.

Joanie was my favorite and i think she should have won but Danielle is a better winner because they dont want a 24 year old covergirl over a 20 year old covergirl but Joanie woud do good in commerical modeling

I'm a straight guy! BLaNKoBoRiQuA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cornchip View Post
    Joanie was my favorite and i think she should have won but Danielle is a better winner because they dont want a 24 year old covergirl over a 20 year old covergirl but Joanie woud do good in commerical modeling

there are some covergirls that are over then 24 such as Queen and Christy Brinkley. so i dont think age really mattered in this instance.

aga
    FORTified
    Quote Originally Posted by viv_smi98 View Post
    Well Joanie did have her own Cinderella story: the girl with the ugly teeth who always hid her smile.
    Also the preacher's daughter who was also a stripper.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by BLaNKoBoRiQuA View Post
    there are some covergirls that are over then 24 such as Queen and Christy Brinkley. so i dont think age really mattered in this instance.
    However, Queen Latifah and Christy Brinkley were already Queen Latifah and Christy Brinkley....they established themselves as celebs already, whereas Joanie was a new face coming into fashion. So, for somebody coming into fashion, 24 is just a bit too old.

FORT Newbie
    I think she has the best portfolio in cycle 6 and a great sense of humor!

Yeah Leslie did get signed before Joanie..

but Mollie Sue got signed first, then Leslie, then Joanie. and now Nnenna.
    I knew that! I have seriously GOT to check my facts. Lol. Well at least Joanie's signed.
    "I love CoverGirl, it's just so nice to wear."- Brooke
    "Roses are red, violets are blue. Imma win the title and you, you look like boo boo."- Danielle.

From her myspace:

FORT Fogey
    She really looks comfy with her smile.