Page 90 of 94 FirstFirst ... 40808182838485868788899091929394 LastLast

Thread: Gina - Cycle 6

Quote Originally Posted by tesmpls;2198800;
    Does anyone know why Gina didnt make it on cycle 4?
    I liked Gina and would have liked to see her go further. I think she didn't go further because she let Jade undermine her confidence and it really affected her at the photoshoots.

After watching the Cycle 6 again I'm amazed at how mean Jade was and more amazed she made it so far.

FORT Regular
    But Jade, has a really strong and beautiful face, and she improved a lot in the competition.
    In the other hand, Gina was prettier with weak pictures and no improvement.

jade made it far because she was a good model,she won a lot of challanges, had good photos and had the favorite walk, i hate her too, but im tired of the people who say she made it too far.
    Shooting with the elephant, it reminds me of an ancient
    dinosaur, because they are in the dinosaurs family ,

=== Jade, Cycle 6===

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed;2198942;
    I liked Gina and would have liked to see her go further. I think she didn't go further because she let Jade undermine her confidence and it really affected her at the photoshoots.

After watching the Cycle 6 again I'm amazed at how mean Jade was and more amazed she made it so far.
    Also the Asian culture is much older, and more civilized than the west. It is just not their way to treat another person the way that Jade treated Gina usually. They are generally very sweet, respectful, and considerate people. Especially when it comes to peoples feelings, and pride.

What you had was a clash of cultures. Most Asians would never treat another person the way Jade treated Gina. The way they view competition is to out work, and out create your competitor. Not by trying to beat your competition down. Unfortunately gamesmanship, rather than old fashion hard work, has become a common practice for America these days. Thatís why we keep getting beat in the international market place. In spite of the fact that Americans are some of the hardest working people on the planet. Go figure!

FORT Fogey
    I don't really think it had anything to do with a clash of the cultured. Jade was just being Jade, it has nothing to do with Gina being Korean.

glad to see her again she is one of my favourites
    Last edited by libra1022; 01-09-2007 at 07:48 AM. Reason: removed extra large quoted pics from post

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy;2199061;
    Also the Asian culture is much older, and more civilized than the west. It is just not their way to treat another person the way that Jade treated Gina usually. They are generally very sweet, respectful, and considerate people. Especially when it comes to peoples feelings, and pride.

What you had was a clash of cultures. Most Asians would never treat another person the way Jade treated Gina. The way they view competition is to out work, and out create your competitor. Not by trying to beat your competition down. Unfortunately gamesmanship, rather than old fashion hard work, has become a common practice for America these days. Thatís why we keep getting beat in the international market place. In spite of the fact that Americans are some of the hardest working people on the planet. Go figure!
    way to overgeneralize. i don't think gina's insecurities had anything to do with her race; i don't think gina's inability to deal maturely with jade had anything to do with her race. i think gina sadly is one of the millions and millions of pretty girls who are not talented at modelling. jade is a predator, no doubt, and she went for the easiest prey first.

I don't think Gina's insecurity has anything to do with race either. She was raised in the U.S. so I'm pretty sure she's use to all sorts of people. Also there's rude people in every single race, asians included

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by greenie227;2200043;
    jade is a predator, no doubt, and she went for the easiest prey first.
    Very well said. I bet you anything if Gina had not been on the show that Jade would have gone for Brooke instead. Not because Brooke is half (or full?) Mexican or anything, just because Jade is Jade. Besides, Gina being Asian was only really a factor in first episode (choosing the girls) and briefly in the second. I don't remember it even being mentioned after that.

You would of thought antm would of kept gina just to keep jade and her fighting. And it also looked like Nnenna and Brooke had a problem with each other too.