Page 53 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Gina - Cycle 6

I did like her photo though, none of the other girls looked in character either. Jade looked like the wolf and they loved her photo. I'd say Sara, Brooke, and Joanie were most in character and none of them got high marks.

Quote Originally Posted by fayewong View Post
    i like gina, i thought there's going to be a "TIFFANY MOMENT" when tyra asked gina why are you smiling. maybe tyra thought gina is taking atnm as a joke.
    she say "i want to stay positive", 10 thumbs up for GINA!!!!
    Lol! I totally hadn't thought of that at all! Good point.

im just so angry about Gina. I hope she doesnt win, just cause...if she was the first asian girl to win, i just wouldnt like that...April shouldve won her season, i think she was, and will only be the only asian that couldve taken it all the way. im just so frustrated that April was put in the season with other amazing contestants like Shandi and Yoanna. if any of those three girls were put in different seasons, they couldve easily won...

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess View Post
    and will only be the only asian that couldve taken it all the way.
    Excuse me?

If you knew the first thing about April or had the slightest bit of respect for her, then you would know she hated the idea of being labeled/categorized based on her race.

I hate being argumentative but this is getting annoying. Being Asian doesn't mean we're a completely different species that should be isolated from everyone else. So shallow that people can't look past one's ethnicity, despite the fact that Gina and April are clearly two completely different people.

Dare I say that Gina and KELLE had so much more in common than her and April. Yet people don't make that comparison instead.

--
    Go home, Gina.

FORT Newbie
    Danielle: "...I don't know what you've been through in life..."
    Gina: "Not much." she said, matter-o-factly.

LMAO.

Ann Markley: my top model Astridr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thestranger View Post
    Excuse me?

If you knew the first thing about April or had the slightest bit of respect for her, then you would know she hated the idea of being labeled/categorized based on her race.

I hate being argumentative but this is getting annoying. Being Asian doesn't mean we're a completely different species that should be isolated from everyone else. So shallow that people can't look past one's ethnicity, despite the fact that Gina and April are clearly two completely different people.

Dare I say that Gina and KELLE had so much more in common than her and April. Yet people don't make that comparison instead.

I was going to quote the exact same sentence to comment.

I lik April alot but its there is no justice in saying she "was, and will only be the only asian that couldve taken it all the way"

There are alot of modelesque Asian girls out there just as there are alot of modelesque Latinos or modelesque blonde girls..
    It is so odd that this season, Gina's ethnicity seems to highlight how Asians are sometimes viewed as a homogeneous entity.
    I guess in some way she *is* representing Asians by being on the show, her portrayal aside it brings up these issues of perception of Asian models.
    Gina doesnt have to look like anyone else.. she is one of the many Asian faces and though I dont see her winning this, I do hope she pushes further and pulls better pictures. In fact I dont think her pictures suck... her features are good. Its the eyes that dont say enough.

www.PonandZi.com phantasmogoria's Avatar
    I actually like her photo... She looked very pretty in it, no too modely, but still pretty. It's nice to see some expression on her face. I think her photo looks like an ad for prom dresses. Not too high fashion, but I think it's good commercially. Anyway, I find myself rooting for this girl. She's so the underdog. I can't wait to see the next episode where she finally stands up to Jade.
    Hey guys, do you think the fairy tale theme is refering to Gina? I mean, right now, she's like the poor little girl who's down on her luck being tormented by her evil stepsister (Jade). But as fairy tales go, she'll find happiness and win everything.
    Or maybe I'm just reading too much into this.

Gina , Gina, Gina... She looks so ordinary and doesn't really believe in herself. Although I have to say she has a very sexy body...Anyway, I still don't like her personality...Let's just say that she's an ordinary hottie with a bad personality. Yeah, that makes sense.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by thestranger View Post
    Excuse me?

Yeah April did hate being Asian but Kelley and Gina...yeah right whatever. Kelley's pictures were fugly. Ginas's pictures are pretty but not modelesque. If I had to compare her to anyone i would compare her to Rebeca. Pretty but not modelesque.
    Last edited by John; 03-24-2006 at 08:35 PM.