Page 56 of 228 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566106156 ... LastLast

Thread: Danielle - Cycle 6

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Congrats to Danielle on her BIG WIN! I was hoping for Joanie, but I'm not at all upset that she lost to Danielle.

D really improved during the show and that is what really impresses the judges. She also has such awesome potential, I'm sure she will rise to the occasion of being the winner! And she's just got so much humor and spirit...gotta love her!
    This was the one cycle that I would have been happy with either winner. Both girls had strengths in different areas.

Campaigns I think Danielle would look nice in and could possibly get soon (meaning they usually feature relatively unknown models), if she is pushed and supported by Ford:

*any of the high-end stores- like Saks, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, etc. The Sept. and Mar. issue of the big magazines feature several ads from each store, one model wearing designs from several different companies. I think that'd be good work for a new model.

*Bebe
    *Arden B
    *DKNY
    *Sean Jean
    *Nina Ricci
    *Banana Republic
    *Nicole Miller
    "What, sucka?! Do you want me to stab you with this spoon? In yo jugular?"

aga
    FORTified
    Career Advice Tip #1:
    Base yourself in NYC, budget enough money to finance a 3 month or more stay in Paris during the time when the major fashion shows are being booked / presented.

Career Advice Tip #2:
    Audition for Project Runway. PR is a prestigious reality show and you will get great runway experience and exposure. It may sound like a step backwards, but if anyone sees the models on that show, they blow ANTM models away, so getting cast on PR may not be a slam dunk even for someone as awesome as Danielle. Michael Kors and Elle editor Nina Garcia are permanent judges. Fashion designer guest judges included: Badgely and Mischka, Cynthia Rowley, Diane Von Furstenburg, Betsey Johnson and Vera Wang (this upcoming season).

It films a few weeks in July-August a slow time for the fashion industry (although I think this is when a lot of the September Fashion Week shows are booked); so there shouldn't be a lot of conflicts. So it may work out well, splitting time between go-sees and doing the PR "shows". If Danielle is selected by one of the final 3/4 designers then she will walk in February's Fashion Week.

Quote Originally Posted by sepia View Post
    Campaigns I think Danielle would look nice in and could possibly get soon (meaning they usually feature relatively unknown models), if she is pushed and supported by Ford:

*any of the high-end stores- like Saks, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, etc. The Sept. and Mar. issue of the big magazines feature several ads from each store, one model wearing designs from several different companies. I think that'd be good work for a new model.

*Bebe
    *Arden B
    *DKNY
    *Sean Jean
    *Nina Ricci
    *Banana Republic
    *Nicole Miller
    Sepia, do you have any pictures you can post? I know some of these designers, but I always like it when you post the pictures.
    Last edited by aga; 05-22-2006 at 05:47 AM.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

FORT Regular
    Anyone seen her on Live with Regis & Kelly ? She looked great.

Quote Originally Posted by rock_&_republic View Post
    Anyone seen her on Live with Regis & Kelly ? She looked great.

AGREE!
    Huh? Oh, you talkin' to me? Sorry, I didn't hear you.

congrats danielle on winning ANTM! you totally deserve it. she looked quite different during the final judging
    "..and that damn mohawk is so hot!" - brita

She looks almost exactly like the singer Ciara!!

FORT Fogey
    Wow she's is getting alot of comparisons to other people in looks. I dont think she looks anything like Tocarra, Ciara, Tiffany etc. I think Danielle look wise outshines them all. I saw her this morning on regis and Kelly. She looked STUNNING. The best Ive ever seen her. I think they finally made the best choice because not only is she gorgeous in pictures, she's gorgeous in person. I just didnt see that with Joanie. Her personality made her pretty to me but just looking at her, I think she looks like a witch a little bit mixed with a bunny rabbit. Not at all ugly but Danielle looks better in person. I was dissapointed with Danielle's speech on Regis and Kelly. Yes big change in her voice but I kinda like the homegirl-country girl accent on Danielle. I didnt think her speech was revelvant to the competition. If we ever see her in a real covergirl commercial, I may change my mind but sorry dont think she needed the speech coaches just to do the "my life is a covergirl" segments on UPN. Look at all the models with very thick foreign accents. They obviously arent changing and its not hurting their success. Im happy for Danielle and glad she won. Hope she becomes a very successful MODEL instead of just a reality tv star. This is the one winnner that I think can break out of that mold and become a real model.

Quote Originally Posted by caramelbeauty81 View Post
    Wow she's is getting alot of comparisons to other people in looks. I dont think she looks anything like Tocarra, Ciara, Tiffany etc. I think Danielle look wise outshines them all.
    Exactly. Danielle is DANIELLE and no one else.

Quote Originally Posted by laneyrachel View Post
    Yeah .. thinking about it, I think they'd work great together .. both like to have a good time, and Danielle = an aspiring muse and Nick = needing a muse. Hm ..
    but the most important point is tarah is more gorgeous than danielle

why you guys would compare danielle with tarah? danielle would not be the muse of nick since tarah is more beautiful & more "model" then danielle.