Page 42 of 228 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292142 ... LastLast

Thread: Danielle - Cycle 6

*Professor Twiggy Higgins makes (My Fair Lady) Danielle chant*:

"The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain."

FORT Fogey
    The accent thing is so stupid. It makes her real and loveable. Why does Tyra think its a big deal for her to have that accent and be a model when half the real successful models have an accent so thick to where its hard to understand them? Also not one of the past winners have ever done a real covergirl commericial so why does it matter with Danielle? Does she have to have a perfect newscaster voice just to do the lame "my life as a covergirl" segments on upn? Give me a break! I wish we could vote Tyra off the show sometimes. I dont care how long she's been in the business, her judgement is way off for sooooooooooooooo many things. Sometimes I wish someone would just confront tyra and tell her how wrong she is on most of the makeovers and bring up how the most successful girls on the show so far are not the winners. And how ridiculous it was to shave nnennas head just to have her wear silly wigs every week and expect her to have improvement in her photoshoots!

Quote Originally Posted by Kao View Post
    They are going to ding this girl for a "problem" they were aware that she had at the very beginning. That's absolutely horrible.
    I agree. If they cut her because of the accent, that would be the worst.

stuck in reality Asylum-ECT-girl's Avatar
    Well Adrienne (Cycle 1) still won despite her Chicawgo accent. They only want her to improve it so she could be more commercial--so she will be more marketable making people want to buy makeup from her. If they are picking on Danielle for this, it only means that she is a Serious contender otherwise they wouldn't care because she had no chance.

Companies rely on marketing to help them sell advertisements and I think for cosmetics companies, it has been proven that we like to buy from extraordinary models--especially actresses and well-known models. I guess because they are inspiring and people think they will be like them if they buy that cosmetic or something. So, I guess improper enunciation is viewed as a negative--which goes against advertisers secret subliminal messaging to you the consumer! Would Tiffany be hired for upscale cosmetic commercials with her accent? I think it is nothing against Danielle or Tiffany its just about how they market the Covergirl product...

Kao
    Adrianne did NOT have a Chicago Accent. I'm from Chicago. What she did have was a Downstate accent and to top it all off, she slurred her words. Whatever. I still loved me some Adrianne.

do people really think she has a worse walk than Joanie's? i love Danielle's walk and i have from the start. very nice and fluid movement. i haven't seen Joanie walk once without her hands on her hips and that awkward hip movement.

i'm rootin for this gal, she just embodies everything! she's young, fresh, sweet, likeable, has a killer walk, and consisteently good photos!!!

the unmarked, mass grave of industry rejects
    I don't think Danielle will get cut for her accent - they are just making a big deal of it so it seems like she is in danger of being cut, or that she has some real struggles to work through, when in reality she has the most CG look and personality of all girls still left on the chopping block.

It's silly to think that she can't be fixed by some speech lessons... whereas people's perceptions of Jade cannot be fixed (though I love the girl), and neither can Joanie's square jawline and blocky nose (which could be beautiful but not very CG).

I think Danielle is going to win.

Quote Originally Posted by NoBody View Post
    I think Danielle is going to win.
    So do I! I really really really hope she won..