Page 41 of 228 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546474849505191141 ... LastLast

Thread: Danielle - Cycle 6

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut Oil View Post
    i made that comment in february

Looks like I was right (:
    Yeh some people suspected her but not everyone, they were to busy comparing her to people like keenyah and camille.

From pre-show i saw something special in her.
    Her,Mollie,Furonda,Joanie and Gina.

Hey guess i was right about two who made it to foreign.

FORT Regular
    Danielle is my favourite by miles, I think she's absolutely beautiful. I'm going to be so upset if her accent ruins it for her. I think Joanie is cool and a good clever poser, but the bone structure they keep going on about is just rather square, not beautiful, and Jade, who has great bones, just can't look anything other than evil. Danielle is astonishingly beautiful week after week. And she is really funny. I don't much want to see her putting on a standard American accent, whatever that is, I would say someone's naturalness is a factor of their likeability. Like when you see Madonna talk now, and she has that ludicrous British accent? It just drives me mad. Relax, Madonna! It's not clever to be British. I've never had trouble understanding Danielle, and I've said this before, but I think difference should be celebrated, just as Twiggy's cockney is one of the charming things about her and was considered outrageous when all models were society girls sent to charm school.

Kao
    They are going to ding this girl for a "problem" they were aware that she had at the very beginning. That's absolutely horrible.

I hope Danielle will win this thing; I love her look and her personality. Hopefully she can learn to speak a little bit clearer so Tyra can't use it as an excuse to eliminate her. If she improves in that area, I think she will win.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyMaeFace View Post
    I've been in many parts of the USA where folks have had very strong accents. Some that I could hardly tell what they were saying. New England area, Midwest region, and down south. BUT, everywhere I went I watched the news and ALL of the broadcasters and local news channels had the same kind of use of the english language. Could you hear Tom Brokaw or Katie Couric or Jane Pauley give the news with such a southern twang? I think that a "Cover Girl" accent is just speaking plain, like television personalities do.
    Another BUT is that I wouldn't mind it a bit if Danielle kept some of personality in her MLAACG spots if she wins!!!
    I thought listening to newscasters was a good idea, except the girls can't watch TV in the house, so it's useless.
    "What, sucka?! Do you want me to stab you with this spoon? In yo jugular?"

FORT Newbie
    Is it just me that Danielle is like Mercedes?

Regardless of whether or not its fair, people tend to look down on the type of accent that Danielle has. The problem with Joanie's teeth took two days to correct. Correcting someones speech patterns can take months or even years! They simply do not have time every single day to have a speech therapist come and work with Danielle for hours.
    On the next note, I dont even think that they are expecting Danielle to just all of a sudden bust out with a standard accent. However, I do think they are looking to see if she is at least trying to sound a bit more clear. To me it doesnt seem like she is at all...
    I really wish that she didnt have this problem because I think she is beautiful But I really dont think that CG will want her to sell their products because her accent is not marketable to a broad audience.
    I wish her the best of luck in the world of modeling because she has talent!

Joanie and Jade are just as impossible to understand sometimes as Danielle. Jade and her made up words and phrases confuse me a lot. Joanie's getting used to her new teeth and has a real bad lysp that I find it hard to overlook. I don't understand the big deal. If they can pay to get her teeth fixed, then they can pay for Danielle some speech classes after the show to help further her in her career.

FORT Regular
    Jade and her made up words and phrases confuse me a lot.

Right: if people are going to 'look down on' anything - and I find it hard to look down on a beautiful woman selling me make up and promising me I might look like that, I just tend to gape and go a bit wistful and believe the bollocks - then I think pretentious ignorance is a little easier to disrespect than an (I think) charming country accent.

There's one major thing in Dani's favor: she doesn't spew malapropisms or invent imaginary words like Jade! Could you see Jade in a commercial?

I don't know what language Jade speaks half the time! Klingon is easier to understand! LOL!