Thread: Danielle - Cycle 6

  1. #991
    FORT Fogey TunaFests's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,858
    Quote Originally Posted by elevue View Post
    then why no designers hired dani ? the reason is we are all designers we know dani dont suitable for modeling. thats it.

    and the funny thing is:

    1. tall ? sara is taller than her
    2. walk? actually i dont see any special in her runway
    3. can pose? are you kidding me? she always did the same pose plus boring expression.
    4. can talk? well its really not important if she still want to walk for a runway, otherwise speech only important for commerical models.
    5. clothes look good on her, yes i partically agree, however many girls in that season can carry the clothes too, so i dont think its her speciality.

    all in all, she's just normal. its tyra want to make her winner look special. like Karl Lagerfeld said "Trash that is funny for five minutes if you're with other people. If you're alone, it's not funny. Those girls will NEVER be the next Gemma Ward. There is no justice in the fashion business."

    i'm sorry karl lagerfelds word is not gospel to me. the man has issues to say the least. and didn't he guest star on THE CUT? that hilfiger project runway knock off.

    anyway. Danielle is a model but i'm not sure if her look is really "in" right now. and i think shes got an amazing walk.

  2. #992
    stuck in reality Asylum-ECT-girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    840
    Danielle seems kind of hard-headed and determined to stay "country." She was so determined to keep her gap and accent...However, she has to bend for this industry. Designers look for sophistication, grace, and um...fierce-ness! *two-snaps up*

    She does not seem to fit in to that world. She has to gain some experience and working overseas on the runway would be good for her. I don't care for the pics above--her face needs more color.

  3. #993
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    321
    i really think people are reading way too much into what Danielle is doing now. she deserved to win regardless of what anybody else has to say and i think she's being very wise about cultivating her career. She knows what she wants and she's going to get there. the problem with many post antm contestants is that they jump too fast into taking mediocre quality pictures with some mediocre magazines. With Danielle taking her time it shows restraint as well as determination to succeed.

  4. #994
    FORT Regular supa_model006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    149
    Asylum-ECT girl if designers are looking for class and grace then why do they continue to hire and make top models out of people like Naomi I mean she can walk and pose but everytime you turn around she wants to introduce your face to a cell phone or other blunt object (plus she was a sniffer) and lets see who else oh what about Ms. Moss we all know what she was into so there goes your thought on they want to hire models with grace and class. And there are many other models who are rough around the edges as you say Dani is but are still hired and have no more grace and class then she does.

  5. #995
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    uh
    Posts
    5,017
    Quote Originally Posted by elevue View Post
    then why no designers hired dani ? the reason is we are all designers we know dani dont suitable for modeling. thats it.

    and the funny thing is:

    1. tall ? sara is taller than her
    2. walk? actually i dont see any special in her runway
    3. can pose? are you kidding me? she always did the same pose plus boring expression.
    4. can talk? well its really not important if she still want to walk for a runway, otherwise speech only important for commerical models.
    5. clothes look good on her, yes i partically agree, however many girls in that season can carry the clothes too, so i dont think its her speciality.

    all in all, she's just normal. its tyra want to make her winner look special. like Karl Lagerfeld said "Trash that is funny for five minutes if you're with other people. If you're alone, it's not funny. Those girls will NEVER be the next Gemma Ward. There is no justice in the fashion business."
    1. Sara's height serves as a bit of a disadvantage to her. Her agency had to list her shorter than she really was. That's because they'd want her to get more jobs. In terms of height, people would prefer Danielle's height over Sara's...
    2. Well, that's your opinion, and I have to respect that....although I politely disagree
    3. No; she just always looked GOOD in the same pose. All the photos that Jay and Tyra picked for her as her best shot just happened to be in the same pose. However, she doesn't have the same poses in her post-show pics. Look at them.
    4. Of course talking is important for Danielle. If she got a CoverGirl contract, she has to know how to talk. America's Next Top Model is not JUST a runway model. She's also a commercial model, so talking does matter in this instance.
    5. Danielle has the most high-fashion body out of them all, excluding Furonda. All those girls have rocking bodies, but Joanie needed some toning up, and Danielle (and Jade, Furonda) had the best bodies out of all those girls.


  6. #996
    FORT Fogey sepia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,319
    Quote Originally Posted by supa_model006 View Post
    At first I was skeptical about the person who said they knew Dani and Ford didn't want her to go to castings yet because she wasn't ready but now i believe them. I mean hello she's doing internet shows now after awhile it's going to be out of sight out of mind. There's going to be a cycle 6 reunion show! OMG!!! Also Joanie got hand picked to be in Beyonce's runway show for her clothing line. I love you and believe in you Dani but come onnow you're killing me! The other girls who didn't win are working strong and hard but the girl who won isn't ready to jump in (according to her agency). What was the point in Dani wining or getting signed to Ford?
    Why would Ford sign her to the NY division of the agency- in the most competitive market and an unprecedented move for any of the top model winners- if she isn't ready?
    "What, sucka?! Do you want me to stab you with this spoon? In yo jugular?"

  7. #997
    FORT Fogey sepia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,319
    Quote Originally Posted by supa_model006 View Post
    I think she should go overseas they love us black people over there. Tina Turner, kelis, Josephine baker, and Dorothy Dandruff all were known in the states but super huge overseas. Dani look up some agencies in paris, germany, Thailand, japan, Hong Kong.
    The modeling industry doesn't work the same as the music or movie industry does. Technically, if you're a hit in London or Paris, you're a hit in the global fashion realm. Plus, you see very few Black models from any part of the world getting popular these days.
    "What, sucka?! Do you want me to stab you with this spoon? In yo jugular?"

  8. #998
    FORT Fogey sepia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,319
    Quote Originally Posted by call1987 View Post
    Danielle is America's Next Tyra!!!!!

    In what way?
    "What, sucka?! Do you want me to stab you with this spoon? In yo jugular?"

  9. #999
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2
    i like danielle in the red carpet with the green gown, her look is gorgeous & thin, however all her post show photos are a little bit disappointing to me.

    so i start to doubt if her ready to be a fashion model, maybe elevue is right, it seems rare clients book her for jobs.....

  10. #1000
    FORT Regular dannyswife10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    98
    Danielle will make it...plain and simple! She has everything working for her...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.