Page 8 of 64 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for future cycles

What was Tyra thinking anyway when she called the show America's Next 'Top Model' If she is so smart and proffesional and well-known in the industry she should know she can't make a girl a TopModel by calling a girl one Why didn't she changed the name after the second season 'Let's make it America's Next Commercial Model'.. Then again, there were some who could do high fashion AND who would go watch a show named America's Next Commercial Model.. but my opinion is still, that calling it America's Next 'Top Model' is giving a wrong impression (I did expacted that the winner would become a TopModel, omg how naïve)

(I hope Tyra prooves me wrong with c6)
    Last edited by As-Tom; 02-26-2006 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asylum-ECT-girl View Post
    I understand your frustrations with the show, but it is what it is: entertainment.
    Yeah, but like I said, they go through cycles so fast, it's harder for them to keep my attention as more and more girls come and go. It took me a long while to get into Cycle 5, just because I had no interest in the girls.

At the very least, I think they should do away with the whole "spring season" cycle. They should only schedule seasons to air during the fall/winter and the summer, so that by the end of it, the contestants can walk in Fashion Week.

yeah i actually think they should have a longer break period. because everyone will get alot more work done and the "where are they now" episodes will be more interesting

Yeah, because it's getting ridiculous. The show ends two days ago and all the recap can show is, "Hey, Mary got a haircut!" or "Cindy bought a new outfit!". Please wait a few months until the ones with even a small amount of potential can actually accomplish something worthwhile.
    "What, sucka?! Do you want me to stab you with this spoon? In yo jugular?"

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Resurrecting some old threads.

I repeat to all of the ANTM people reading these boards, PLEASE increase the production value of the photoshoots. I would rather see better pictures than a fancy elimination room.

Maybe Tyra should watch some other ... Next Top Models, to get some inspiration for some normal shoots
    "A group who forms a unit that excludes people on the persuasion that you hate a person [Paloma] is bullying and it's bitchy. Who instigated this [Jordan] is an absolute moron and who took part in it and encouraged it [Anika, Danica, Sophie, Alice] are even bigger morons." - Charlotte Dawson. Amen!

Maybe ANTM should, once and for all, decide whether or not they want a high fashion winner or a commercial winner in the beginning of the cycle. .

1. Better photoshoots.
    2. Get Janice back, not Twiggy.
    3. I love curvy plus size girls, really I do, but they should not be on this show. For one thing, they are not given the same chance as the other girls and they string them along as if they have chances of winning. I see Toccara as an example--they didn't give her clothes that would fit her other than big shapeless things (there really are trendy brands for those who are plus size--my cousin is plus size and dresses very fashionably) and one moment they said she had the chance to win, but the same time they didn't like the fact she had curves. What about a separate competition for plus size models?
    4. Drop cover girl. Get something like L'oreal or some brand that is more high fashion and edgy.
    5. Make this a competition for America's next top model rather than focusing on who is a lesbian or who is a bitch.
    6. Get high end brands and train them for real fashion shows.
    7. Lose Twiggy!

1. Tyra, don't eliminate someone just coz YOU don't THINK they want it. (coz they do,why else would they be on the show?)

2. Why can't you think of edgier shoots? If it means repeating a little bit of ideas, at least it'll be showing viewers TRUE potential

3. Stop focusing on the drama, PLEASE

4. Stop lying. Sometimes, we feel like we can see right THROUGH you.

5. Don't even have favorites and actually let the girls have a say in which their best shot is, why don't cha?

6. Stop keeping around stupid girls with no potential
    True love comes in quietly, without banners or flashing lights. She is your sanity in a world full of madness. True love is not how grand you are or how simple you are, but's who you are with her and she loves you not in spite of it, but because of it. She is the one that stands with you, when the rest of the world falls down.

Live Forever
    Miss Tyra really should pick girls who you think you like not picking them who make a stupid comment you don't like and embarrass them for it.

Don't make crying or not crying such an important aspect in who gets cut or gets to stay.

Stop pushing the lesbian issue. Lesbians exist, even in the world of modeling. We get it. Get back to fashion.