Page 7 of 64 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for future cycles

Quote Originally Posted by Blaase View Post
    I was watching some preview for the new mtv show 8th and Ocean(anyone plan on watching that?) and they had these twin models, would be interesting if Tyra and co. decide to cast twins for some next cycle.
    yeah and it looks like one is gonna be doing better than the other.
    that'd be some funny drama!
    and yeah that show does seem interesting

cancel the show
    "What, sucka?! Do you want me to stab you with this spoon? In yo jugular?"

Quote Originally Posted by sepia View Post
    cancel the show
    Who would want to do anything like that? (why do you suggest that?)

Well I for one am getting tired of the show. I really like the first few seasons because I thought it was a good depiction of the fashion world, but meh. It's getting corny and not making good on it's promises to produce "real models". Only a relative few have done anything of note. The rest become reality tv stars, or fade into obscurity.

At the very least, I think there should be a longer "break period" between cycles. It's ridiculous that we've seen 3 different girls crowned ANTM within the span of a year. They come and go so fast and really don't get a chance to maximize their potential before the next season airs.
    "What, sucka?! Do you want me to stab you with this spoon? In yo jugular?"

stuck in reality Asylum-ECT-girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sepia View Post
    cancel the show
    I understand your frustrations with the show, but it is what it is: entertainment. I seen a preview of the "Where are they now" update show and there are a lot of the girls working in the industry and some are doing other things; Ann is crying as she is saying how thankful she is to ANTM for the opportunity.

This show has not produced a fashion model icon, but it has opened doors for a lot of the winners and contestants--who otherwise would not have gotten the break they needed.

For future cycles, they should do one cycle completely with male models or completely with plus sized models. How about putting Lisa on the judges panel too

I'm a straight guy! BLaNKoBoRiQuA's Avatar
    yeah i actually think they should have a longer break period. because everyone will get alot more work done and the "where are they now" episodes will be more interesting

I don't know about cancelling ANTM, but sooner or later the show is going to have to produce a quality Top Model who can stand next to the Gemma Wards of the world or its going to be seen as a big joke to people who work in the fashion industry. If American Idol can (*grumble*) create Grammy winners, i'm sure ANTM could come up with a legitimate High Fashion model, that's IF they really wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by viv_smi98 View Post
    Have a separate show for America's Next Petite Model
    Oh yes! I so agree!!!

My list:

1. Bring Janice back
    2. Girls get to pick their best photo
    3. Bring Janice back
    4. NO MORE THEMES
    5. Bring Janice back
    6. MORE ASIAN GIRLS
    7. More bi or lesbians (this is only for my own enjoyment haha )
    8. Oh and did I mention...BRING JANICE BACK!
    LUCY: Australia's toast.
    SCUD: What's your beef with Australia?
    LUCY: I don't like their attitude!

Quote Originally Posted by Mo_MiSer View Post
    I don't know about cancelling ANTM, but sooner or later the show is going to have to produce a quality Top Model who can stand next to the Gemma Wards of the world or its going to be seen as a big joke to people who work in the fashion industry. If American Idol can (*grumble*) create Grammy winners, i'm sure ANTM could come up with a legitimate High Fashion model, that's IF they really wanted to.
    Well the show is already a joke in the real fashion industry but I think alot of people don't realize that you just can't give someone the title "top model" and expect them to become this big overnight sensation. It just doesn't work that way. Also I think its unfair to compare ANTM to American Idol. American Idol the winner is chose by talent but in ANTM the winner is basically chosen for their looks and skills. So its alot easier for the winner of american idol to become more sucessful because they are given a record contract and a bunch of people to work on their album and give them songs that they think would be hits. On the other hand, the ANTM winners are basically just given a modeling contract to Ford where they have to continue to work hard. Just because the girl is really pretty doesn't mean that people will fight all over her to book her. Her look might not be in or there was simply someone else that they thought was better for the job. That is why ANTM will never produce a real top model. ANTM will be lucky if they even find a working model.

Quote Originally Posted by BLaNKoBoRiQuA View Post
    yeah i actually think they should have a longer break period. because everyone will get alot more work done and the "where are they now" episodes will be more interesting
    Why not just air that special later on in the series then, instead of holding back ANTM?

Here's my suggestion: better challenges and better photoshoots. Fire Mr. Jay.

ANTM will be lucky if they even find a working model.
    They have. Elyse, Shannon, Rebecca and some of the other ones on a lesser scale. Other than that, I agree with your comment.

The thing with Top Model is, why they can't produce Top Models is simply because most of the contestants are too old to start modeling. If the competition was held more like Elite Model Look or Ford's Supermodel of the World, where the models are all very young then they'd have a chance! The reason is, Elite and Ford's competition usually crown 15-17 year olds as their winners and those girls don't blow up until 3 or 4 years later. Depending on the winner that is, even in prestigious contests like those, it takes time and hard work to be knowned in the modeling world. ANTM is good tv, Tyra isn't there to find top model potentials, if she is, then she doesn't know what the hell she's doing!
    Last edited by ko0la1d; 02-26-2006 at 02:38 AM.