Page 6 of 64 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for future cycles

I'm a straight guy! BLaNKoBoRiQuA's Avatar
    i got some to:

1.dont make the photoshoots look so bootlegged and garbadge aka: superhero
    2.bring back nole and janice!!!!!
    3.have a winner thats atlest 5'9 and interesting
    4.have more ethnic high fashion looks like: Naima,Yaya,Christina,Yoanna,Ap ril etc...
    5.dont put a plus sized girl on if u dont want her to win
    6.get rid of nigel barker (im not saying i dont like him but i just want somebody new)
    7.dont make eliminations so obvious but dont eliminate people if u dont have a good reason (Lisa)
    8.have girls that are fun and interesting to watch
    9.more high end fashion photoshoots like the farm one, solisitice (cycle 2) and kimono (cycle 3)
    10.make the pictures realistic, the photo shoot with the running on a tredmill was just pathetic

I'm a straight guy! BLaNKoBoRiQuA's Avatar
    and a couple more....

alot more runway show and one that i heard before that was pretty good: NO FALSE ADVERTISING! they say bling it on but i havent seen one diamond or even a piece of copper

Quote Originally Posted by Pharoah View Post
    A drop-dead gorgeous interesting blonde would be nice, but I would love to see a beautiful young and tall Asian model take the title.
    Yeah! That would be awesome, too!
    "...but this, all pleasures fancies be; If ever any beauty I did see, Which I desired, and got, 'twas but a dream of thee..."

Quote Originally Posted by ModelGuy384 View Post
    I heard somewhere that they're going to start casting girls for the drama aspest and so forth and not for their looks.

For one I dont know if this is for cycle 6 or 7, or if its even true! But i wouldnt be surprised by it
    That sucks that they would be more focused on ratings and get some girl's hopes up about making it in the modeling world through their show--if they're going to look for people with dramatic personalities, then modeling capability is less important to them, and the girls may not be considered suitable for modeling (as the show indicates that they will). Eh, it sucks, but like you said, not surprising.
    "...but this, all pleasures fancies be; If ever any beauty I did see, Which I desired, and got, 'twas but a dream of thee..."

FORT Fanatic
    That's a false rumour. They are focusing on looks and personality, like always.

www.PonandZi.com phantasmogoria's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat View Post
    I would love it if they rethought the whole idea that one person has to go each week. They should let all 12-14 girls do the first five photoshoots and give them a points ranking at the end of the episode for dramatic effect. Maybe cut it down to 8 or so then and let all of those girls do the photoshoots until the final 4, then let those four go all the way with every photoshoot to the end.

Every cycle I wonder how someone would have done in a particular photoshoot that was already cut. A modeling competition wouldn't be considered fair if it was whittled down one girl at a time - each girl does all the challenges so that they are rated on the same criteria.
    A points system! I mean, who knows, girls who don't do well in the first photoshoots might actually improve to be better than the rest. But with one girl going every week, you'll never know. Brita and Ashley might have failed on the first photoshoot, but what if they did great in the later photoshoots. I personally think Brita would have rocked the walking the dog photoshoot in Cycle 4 if they kept her around. Such a big waste letting one girl go every week.

I sure hope that they have challenges that incorporate actual aspects of modeling. Looking "fierce" after going through a muddy obstacle course? Yeah. Right. I'm sure Naomi does this all the time.

Oh yeah, stop saying "fierce".

I was watching some preview for the new mtv show 8th and Ocean(anyone plan on watching that?) and they had these twin models, would be interesting if Tyra and co. decide to cast twins for some next cycle.

I HIGHLY disagree with all the people that say there shouldn't be a plus-sized girl on the show if she has no chance of winning. By even having a confident, beautiful plus-sized woman on the show - even if it's for only one day, it's enough for her to become an inspirational role-model for young girls out there. In two separate eps of the Tyra show, she had had two huuge fans who wanted to meet Tocarra and Diane because they themselves were insecure with their weight. If Diane and Tocarra were skinny models, they obviously wouldn't have appealed as much to all those girls out there with weight issues.

It doesn't require winning just to get the message across that girls with curves can be beautiful and confident. I mean there are probably some very narrow-minded, shallow people out there that would never imagine a curvacious woman could be pretty AT ALL before seeing it for themselves. And like Tocarra said herself after elimination,"Someone has to start to break the barrier. It doesn't happen overnight. I'm just glad that I might have helped paved the way for someone else."

I mean, similarly, back then there were probably people saying the same thing about black girls, that they would never be successful models, etc. I mean sure, we might not even live to see such a dramatic revolution in the modeling world for all we know but to say we shouldn't even bother trying is just foolish.

And to create a separate competition to divide up plus-sized between skinny is just taking a HUUUGE step back. It's like separating people with piercing eyes and those with brown. People with piercing eyes will obviously have the advantage.

What we really need are some judges that aren't so biased and can look past the whole weight issue and give them a reasonably fair chance. Tocarra didn't take very good photos but Diane was eliminated the ep where she improved! Because the two guest judges were saying,"She's not a model, she doesn't live it, she doesn't breath it." Absolutely ridiculous, considering Kim had some of the worst photos during then and didn't deserve to last that long.
    Last edited by thestranger; 02-25-2006 at 03:03 AM.

Why dun Tyra let the girls decide their own look??

maybe that'll happen in this cycle~!

That's is "Transformation"!!

Let them be whatever they want~!

I mean they should learn WHAT IS FASHION LOOK!!(eg Nicole)

Sorry my english is sux..(from Hong kong)