Page 47 of 64 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for future cycles

FORT Regular

Re: Suggestions for future cycles

I loved the CNTM's fish beauty shot..
    They should do something similar .. like put feathers, hahaha

FORT Newbie

Re: Cycle 9 Screencaps

Tyra really needs to get some good judges...no one even knows who nigel barker is! what happened to steven meisel? and ms. jay? c'mon. she's fine for teaching people how to walk, but just because she can walk doesn't mean she should be critiquing anyone on their pictures. get rid of twiggy, and put on kate moss! she's the real star, or what the heck! get naomi. those girls can really give the winners some attention. tyra also needs to get some really good girls this cycle...all of the winners are so lame! none of them have done any good fashion shows for real designers or any good campaigns (that i know of other than mollie-sue, who was probably the only contestant that I REALLY liked). I also don't think that she should be the host anymore because no models that I know (other than Gemma Ward) have done commercials or movies anything like that. they're there to be America's next top model, not America's next top actor, so what the heck, tyra! i really think that she should have stuck with IMG models, because when you're signed with them, you really have it going on. and that crappy deal with seventeen!?!?! throw it out! we need some vogue up in here! and last but not least, the models need to improve. i don't think felicia or diane are going to be walking and chanel runways too soon. we need irina lazareanus, du juans, and chanel imans! gemma wards, crazy, untraditional looking people...i've seen a dozen jaslenes in my life...and only one irina lazareanu. so i think that's saying something.

I know you guys prefer modelesque contestants as I do, but let's compare cycles
    IMO, in cycle 7, with the possible exceptions of Brooke/Monique, every girl looked like a real, working model
    But the majority did not even want to model, many lacked confidence, they couldn't deliver and now only a few girls have been successful post-show
    In cycle 8, IMO, only Samantha really looked like a real model and the rest of the girls were just trash, but they all delivered (except for the plus-sizes) and they all clearly wanted to model
    And now, the majority of girls are signed to great agencies and working
    So unfortunately for us, the unmodelesque girls who really work at it have gained more success than the high fashion girls who have no desire to model
    I will just say if ANTM wants girls who will maintain modelling careers post-show, the girls who really have the drive will get further than the girls who just have "the look"
    We would all love girls who have both, but come on people, ANTM can't fiind both, so I'd say they should look for girls with determination
    I miss AJ!!
    "Immerse your soul in love"-Radiohead

i also think Natasha looks modelesque from the VERY very very very first episode. until they give her that makeover
    missing SARA (C6)

I think Natasha should have won.... Jaslene was not that amazing. I think the judges were so SO off on last cycle, bad bad choices!

my suggestions for cycle 9 are:

_ more creative photoshoots. (i really loved the snake beauty shot from cycle 1, the underwater shoot from cycle 2, and the horoscope shoot from cycle 4)
    _ better finale fashion shows. it seems after cycle 5, the fashion shows got worse. i liked the real shows like from cycle 1 and 2)
    _ less editing. (a lot of the time, they pinpoint a target to make the audience think that a certain girl is acting bitchy when she's really not)
    Last edited by ShrinkingViolet; 08-12-2007 at 05:41 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by LedZepForever;2521797;
    I know you guys prefer modelesque contestants as I do, but let's compare cycles
    IMO, in cycle 7, with the possible exceptions of Brooke/Monique, every girl looked like a real, working model
    But the majority did not even want to model, many lacked confidence, they couldn't deliver and now only a few girls have been successful post-show
    In cycle 8, IMO, only Samantha really looked like a real model and the rest of the girls were just trash, but they all delivered (except for the plus-sizes) and they all clearly wanted to model
    And now, the majority of girls are signed to great agencies and working
    So unfortunately for us, the unmodelesque girls who really work at it have gained more success than the high fashion girls who have no desire to model
    I will just say if ANTM wants girls who will maintain modelling careers post-show, the girls who really have the drive will get further than the girls who just have "the look"
    We would all love girls who have both, but come on people, ANTM can't fiind both, so I'd say they should look for girls with determination
    Great post. While I disagree with some of our opinions on the contestants, the general sentiment is something I agree with.

Modelesque girls are fantastic, yadda yadda yadda. I think everyone on FORT has blown that horn before. However, just because a girl is modelesque does not mean she wants to be a model, let alone apply for ANTM. You can complain all you want to Tyra and Co. about getting "more modelesque" contestants, but they are limited to the girls who audition for the show.

My suggestions for improvement? Improved execution of the photoshoots. Get rid of the stupid photoshop effects. The "comic book" thing with the "memorable moments" just ruined a shoot that already lacked a strong visual core. The looks for that shoot were scattered and more focused on emoting the scene than on making the scene look good. Another shoot I had a big problem with was the freak show shoot. I didn't feel it was dark enough and a lot of the concepts were undercooked. (Old face/young body? please.)

I don't feel that they need better ideas--I feel they need better execution.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by smartfed;2521886;
    i also think Natasha looks modelesque from the VERY very very very first episode. until they give her that makeover
    Yes, extremely big yellow hair with 7 inch roots are very fashion.

I want more runway.

ok For cycle 10 and beyond i would say watch the best top model knock off ever which is Australia's next top model and follow their format and what they do and try to imitate it but also to make it your own and you would see better results from cycle 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8

FORT Fogey

ANTM shouldn't need shows like "A Model Life" to emulate what they aren't doing.

Whatever, AML is faaaaaaaaaaaar better than ANTM multiplied by the powers of 10!