Page 16 of 64 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for future cycles

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Only one picture of Tyra allowed per show and Tyra must remain seated behind the judges table. That means no house decorated with Tyra photos (I'm surprised none of the models have drawn mustaches on any of them yet) and no Tyra dancing or getting up to pose during judging.

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2167172;
    Only one picture of Tyra allowed per show and Tyra must remain seated behind the judges table. That means no house decorated with Tyra photos (I'm surprised none of the models have drawn mustaches on any of them yet) and no Tyra dancing or getting up to pose during judging.
    Maybe they had to sign a contract
    "I will not do anything to make Tyra look bad"

Americas Next Top Model 9 Cookiez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale;2167417;
    Maybe they had to sign a contract
    "I will not do anything to make Tyra look bad"
    LOL, I can actually see that happening, ohhh Adrianne broke it if there was one!
    The future of fashion, America's Next Top Model

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2123411;
    The problem with ANTM and plus-sized models, is that the Tyra and producers don't make sure to provide clothing that fits them. In real life, an agency wouldn't send a plus size model to a shoot where they knew there would be no clothes for them to wear. That would be a waste of time and money. Tyra says she wants to expand the definitions of model, but she doesn't really do much about it.
    I completely agree. It's as though the only reason they have anyone on this show that is of average size (I refuse to use to the term "plus-sized" considering the average size of American women is a 12, not a 0) is to pacify the majority of their audience. They choose the "religious" Robin who they know will refuse to pose nude, the beautiful Toccara and don't provide any clothes that fit, the snore Dianne who I wonder if they put a mirror under her nose every now and then to make sure she was still breathing...it's no wonder none of them are going to win. Toccara's elimination was the biggest joke. She was losing her self confidence!?! Please! I don't think that is humanly possible. Not that it's not justified. She gorgeous.

Don't give me those B.S reasons why they won't win. They won't win because it's an industry that refuses to change. If we don't force them to do it, they never will. You're adding to the problem if you let them perpetuate this myth of what a woman is suppose to look like.

End of rant....well, this one at least

I agree with you, especially about her getting eliminated cause of confidence, no she was pissed off that she was wearing a home depot outfit. I'd spazz too if all the other girls got these gorgeous gowns, and then they started saying things like you expect to wear what they are?

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2167172;
    I feel you on this one. Too funny about the drawing of the mustache on Tyra's pictures

i think tocarra getting eliminated had more to do with her having 4 weak photos in a row

1. More surprising winners, this one was soo expected.
    2.Stop with editing girls to be mean, its very rude.

Suggestions for future cycle:
    Have an actual runway show with relevant, *important* designers like Marc Jacobs, Derek Lam, Proenza Schouler, Vivienne Westwood, etc.
    But that's probably asking far too much.

Also, more walking practices (we see Ms. Jay teaching but once a season now)
    "It's either s**t or champagne; it's either/or, it's either fantastic or it's not fantastic. You can turn it around any which way you want about having real people and real sizes and shorter and petite and whatever, we just wanna see great, big, gorgeous, tall, thin girls walking down the runway."

-Alex Perry, AusNTM

Quote Originally Posted by ClrDeLun;2171473;
    Suggestions for future cycle:
    Have an actual runway show with relevant, *important* designers like Marc Jacobs, Derek Lam, Proenza Schouler, Vivienne Westwood, etc.
    But that's probably asking far too much.

Also, more walking practices (we see Ms. Jay teaching but once a season now)
    A Vivienne Westwood show would be AMAZING!