Page 13 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for future cycles

I think what some people want is just 1 cycle that's truly high fashion and filled with models that really have a chance of being a top model. So they all fall in line with the proper heights and weight for such models. For those most part though Tyra tries to hard to not pick those types of models.

FORT Fan
    I think that every week they should contract with a different sponsor for a real ad. Then let the sponsor pick out thier favorite 4 or 5 ads to use. Those 4 or 5 models would be exempt from elimination and then Tyra and her crew could decide from whoever wasn't chosen by the sponsor.

Uh, whatever happened to beauty shots? And they should do more advertorial (practical) shots, e.g. Pepsi, Dior, Hush Puppies bla bla bla.
    All Hail Omarosa

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by anchalrocks;2122748;
    Well that girl wasnt actually plus-sized!
    But i do know where your coming from!
    And i dont mean really plus sized like Toccara or Diane!
    Just someone who is a little heavier than the rest!
    The problem with ANTM and plus-sized models, is that the Tyra and producers don't make sure to provide clothing that fits them. In real life, an agency wouldn't send a plus size model to a shoot where they knew there would be no clothes for them to wear. That would be a waste of time and money. Tyra says she wants to expand the definitions of model, but she doesn't really do much about it.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2123411;
    The problem with ANTM and plus-sized models, is that the Tyra and producers don't make sure to provide clothing that fits them. In real life, an agency wouldn't send a plus size model to a shoot where they knew there would be no clothes for them to wear. That would be a waste of time and money. Tyra says she wants to expand the definitions of model, but she doesn't really do much about it.
    I no!Trya does not make sure that there are clothes for plus-sized models on the shoot!!I mean she knows there gonna be there so why doesnt she make sure there are clothes that fit them!

Another thing i'd like to see is there being no elimination in the first week. There's no way you can really get a read on the girls in that amount of time, both in terms of personality and the ability they have to take pictures. Have the first episode and photoshoot be more of a test run for the girls and you the judges can criticize them on what they feel they need to fix. By the time the next episode comes around if they still can't fix that or just aren't good enough start eliminating.

Give it up people, there's no change for whatsoever! It's 7th cycle and it's only going downhill!

PLEASE IMPROVE THE PHOTOSHOOTS!!!! Less is really more. I bet 99% of the people who watch the show, would SO RATHER have photoshoots that are simple and let the girls shine. Stop putting 2 pounds of makeup on them. Stop putting them in the most ridiculous costumes. Stop trying to pull Fear Factor at each photoshoot.

For me, that's the most important one.

Some other ones...

Stop trying to "change" fashion industry with these, "real sized" woman or "plus sized" models. I have nothing against them, they're beautiful, but ANTM is NOT GOING TO change fashion. So, just because a "plus sized" contestant makes it to top four, people are not suddenly gonna go "oh wait, we didn't realize, bigger girls could model" and you are not going to see Versace use them in their runway shows. That might be a good ambition to have, but please, it's not happening.

I agree with TokyoNIGHTS, don't eliminate the girl the first week. Lets first see what they're capable of. Criticize them/give them pointers/suggestions, etc and then give everyone another try. Girls like Ashley, Christian, Brita never even had a chance.

There are many more, but lol it's not like any of them will actually happen, so why bother.

Maybe they should go back to new york? I am so over california, no offence but they started there for most of the cycles so go back to new york. And a new photographer i like jay and all but maybe it's time for a change. Maybe Tyra can be there with the photographer it seems like when she present there's a good photoshoot. But she probably too busy to.

Quote Originally Posted by NoBody;2164234;
    PLEASE IMPROVE THE PHOTOSHOOTS!!!! Less is really more. I bet 99% of the people who watch the show, would SO RATHER have photoshoots that are simple and let the girls shine. Stop putting 2 pounds of makeup on them. Stop putting them in the most ridiculous costumes. Stop trying to pull Fear Factor at each photoshoot.
    Absolteuly. Having 1 or 2 shoots like that a season wouldn't be bad, but don't go overboard with it where nearly every shoot is in the same style. I know they're trying to make the shoots entertaining to watch, but I really didn't see where the entertainment was in the air chamber shoot.

They really need to bring back the shoot they had in S3 I believe. It's just a simple upclose face shot. One of the shots is exactly how the girl looks and then they have the same shot but airbrushed to show how much work has to be put into the photo just to make it where the girl is able to be in magazines. I'm still a bit confused as to why skin has been of such importance in previous seasons but they haven't said anything about it this season. Another shoot that should happen early on is the nude shoot that seems to come every season. Having girls show up who refuse to do a nude shot when nothing is actually going to be shown is absurd and it just helps to eliminate the ones that aren't willing to go all the way.