Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for future cycles

Then make the decision before looking for sponsors. Then talk it out with the sponsors about what kind of girl you're looking for. Elite is for high fashion and Seventeen is for commercial. She should have thought it over thoroughly.
    True love comes in quietly, without banners or flashing lights. She is your sanity in a world full of madness. True love is not how grand you are or how simple you are, but's who you are with her and she loves you not in spite of it, but because of it. She is the one that stands with you, when the rest of the world falls down.

I agree with you. They need to find a way to get some consistency with the sponsors. As you said you one is high fashion while the other is commercial. So you've got conflicting views by doing such a thing. And its very difficult to put together someone that'll make both happy.

Yeah...she should make up her mind for the next cycle to be less confusing.
    True love comes in quietly, without banners or flashing lights. She is your sanity in a world full of madness. True love is not how grand you are or how simple you are, but's who you are with her and she loves you not in spite of it, but because of it. She is the one that stands with you, when the rest of the world falls down.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaase;1709734;
    Better photoshoots, I second that.
    Also,
    1. Drop Ms. Jay as a judge
    2. Get Naomi Campbell to appear in at least one episode
    3. Taller girls.
    4. I would like a girl on the show that looks like Camile Velasco but 5' 10
    or more asian girls.
    5. No more plus size girls.
    wats wrong with plussize????

Quote Originally Posted by anchalrocks;2122725;
    wats wrong with plussize????
    Nothing, but they should make a seperate show that features nothing but plus size models if they want to go down that route.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by TokyoNiGHTS;2122728;
    Nothing, but they should make a seperate show that features nothing but plus size models if they want to go down that route.
    I dont think thats fair! Just cause you weigh a little more doesent mean you need to go on a show called ANTPSM they should be given a chance!
    there a million times better than borderline anorexics!
    They are a chance for people to see that curves are beautiful!

While in a perfect world that might be true, its not in the modeling world. There are set standards for high fashion, top models ect. And inluding plus size models into a group of other models that do fit into that mold isn't fair to them because their weight is always going to be an issue. Just look at Keenyah who started putting on a little weight and was told she needed to lose weight, or Brita who started off being told she needed to lose weight also.

Putting in a plus sized model in these cycles is just a waste of a slot that another girl could've had because there's no way that plus sized model is going to win.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by TokyoNiGHTS;2122735;
    While in a perfect world that might be true, its not in the modeling world. There are set standards for high fashion, top models ect. And inluding plus size models into a group of other models that do fit into that mold isn't fair to them because their weight is always going to be an issue. Just look at Keenyah who started putting on a little weight and was told she needed to lose weight, or Brita who started off being told she needed to lose weight also.

Putting in a plus sized model in these cycles is just a waste of a slot that another girl could've had because there's no way that plus sized model is going to win.
    But if they photograph well then they have a chance!!!A much better chance then an anorexic would have!

Quote Originally Posted by anchalrocks;2122739;
    But if they photograph well then they have a chance!!!A much better chance then an anorexic would have!
    If a model was anorexic they wouldn't even make it onto the show, Tyra wouldn't allow it. There have been several plus sized models on the show through the years and none of them have won ebcause the reality of the situation is that Tyra knows that it won't work. I believe it was the last cycle when Tyra was discussing the possiblity of letting this cute redhead into that cycle but she backed out and said no because she was plus sized.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by TokyoNiGHTS;2122744;
    If a model was anorexic they wouldn't even make it onto the show, Tyra wouldn't allow it. There have been several plus sized models on the show through the years and none of them have won ebcause the reality of the situation is that Tyra knows that it won't work. I believe it was the last cycle when Tyra was discussing the possiblity of letting this cute redhead into that cycle but she backed out and said no because she was plus sized.
    Well that girl wasnt actually plus-sized!
    But i do know where your coming from!
    And i dont mean really plus sized like Toccara or Diane!
    Just someone who is a little heavier than the rest!